Thousand-Week Reich - A 'realistic' Nazi victory scenario

How would the French resistance fare here? now that that Britain won't be sending them weapons via the SOE

I imagine while there would be continued dissent inevitably, it would be pretty hopeless and kept in check quite easily by the regime and its German backers. That is, until Hitler dies, Germany rapidly spirals into chaos and confidence in the Nazi order is totally lost, and dissidents seize the moment.

I imagine while there would be continued dissent inevitably, it would be pretty hopeless and kept in check quite easily by the regime and its German backers. That is, until Hitler dies, Germany rapidly spirals into chaos and confidence in the Nazi order is totally lost, and dissidents seize the moment.
I could see communist elements in the French Resistance become more powerful and influential similar to the Black Communist Rebellion in The Man in the High Castle (Season 4).

I could see communist elements in the French Resistance become more powerful and influential similar to the Black Communist Rebellion in The Man in the High Castle (Season 4).

Communism was big in France at the time. Only makes sense that'd still be the case.

In this world, immigration to Europe would be slightly lower, no ? Because of the Nazi era and Africa and the middle east being better (according to the Democracy Index map).

I think, in the modern day, immigration to western european countries would primarily come from Zappadoslavia and Russia ?

In this world, immigration to Europe would be slightly lower, no ? Because of the Nazi era and Africa and the middle east being better (according to the Democracy Index map).

I think, in the modern day, immigration to western european countries would primarily come from Zappadoslavia and Russia ?
Yes definitely from the East

Yeah, that's probably a fair assumption. That would only exacerbate their demographic issues and population shortages, though.

Yeah, that's probably a fair assumption. That would only exacerbate their demographic issues and population shortages, though.

How bad has the demographic crisis in that part of the world got?

Is it "Irish famine" bad, to the point where the area has never recovered its original population?

I'm currently making a Mosaic Earth and debating what to put in the rest of the world - the Americas are pretty much finalised, but Europe, Asia and Africa are free real estate. I'd ideally like to take the most important, powerful and/or unique regions from TTL. (Currently I'm considering taking Zapadoslavia, but it'll replace parts of a Zapadoslavia from my own TL Ĉio Sub la Steloj which wasn't completely and utterly genocided by the Nazis.)

How bad has the demographic crisis in that part of the world got?

Is it "Irish famine" bad, to the point where the area has never recovered its original population?

(Sorry for late reply)

Yeah, I'd say so. I mean the 1960 population of Poland is less than half its 1939 population. That's not going to be fully recovered from in even 60 years.

(Sorry for late reply)

Yeah, I'd say so. I mean the 1960 population of Poland is less than half its 1939 population. That's not going to be fully recovered from in even 60 years.

I remember how then-President of Poland Lech Kaczynski bantered about the Treaty of Lisbon that Poland would have something like 66 million people if it weren't for World War II and that Poland should count as much as 66 million people in the EU organs. Now you could say that a fair share of the 1939 population is full of Lithuanians, Belarusians and Ukrainians that ended up in their titular republics of the Soviet Union which doesn't mean that they didn't lose people, they did big time.

Then again, there was an article from Der Spiegel in freaking 1961(!) that postulated that Gomulka's stop in collectivizations from 1956 on and writing the new peasants into the cadastres and that it's actually those lands along Odra and Nysa that experience the biggest baby boom in the entirety of Poland. The whole article is largely how German revisionism is essentially bollocks even at that time and the fact that there would soon be more Poles out there than ever used to be Germans out there meant that any "right to homeland" postulated by the German expellee associations was bound to become surreal. So yeah, there would be more people in Poland than IOTL without World War II, but would they reproduce as prolifically as IOTL as well when there's no new land? They did a breakdown of the Polish population in the former German lands, saying that Poles born there after 1945 made up the largest number, their parents form central Poland being second (both 2+ million people) and expellees from the Kresy only coming third (1.2 million I guess) and with the autochtons being fourth.

I remember a schoolbook from my uncle from the 1970s (looked like economic geography and even had spreadsheet on geological ages) that was in my attic that talked about the westward movement of Poland and they said that 1.5 million Poles had to move whereas Poland also gained territories where 8.86 million Germans used to live. The same book also featured a breakdown of the 1937 population of the German Reich which was 74 million people. If we treat those numbers as valid, it's easy to have larger families and provide for a pro-natalist policy if you can fill vacant plots designed for 7+ million people with a comparable number of Poles from central Poland or whatever you name it. This could happen ITTL as well, but on a more limited scope with less of a base population.

So let's take an educated guess: The Kaczynski scenario without World War II wouldn't make for 66 million Poles, but I'd say 50 million are plausible with most Jews still being in Poland. OTL Poland is at 38 million people. TTL's Zapadoslavian Poland could be at the range of 30 to 32 million Poles provided that their would be similar pro-natalist measures as IOTL's People's Republic of Poland. The bigger question how the Zapadoslavian Czechia is supposed to resettle the big chunck of Silesia and Lusatia in addition to Sudetenland.

I remember how then-President of Poland Lech Kaczynski bantered about the Treaty of Lisbon that Poland would have something like 66 million people if it weren't for World War II and that Poland should count as much as 66 million people in the EU organs. Now you could say that a fair share of the 1939 population is full of Lithuanians, Belarusians and Ukrainians that ended up in their titular republics of the Soviet Union which doesn't mean that they didn't lose people, they did big time.

Then again, there was an article from Der Spiegel in freaking 1961(!) that postulated that Gomulka's stop in collectivizations from 1956 on and writing the new peasants into the cadastres and that it's actually those lands along Odra and Nysa that experience the biggest baby boom in the entirety of Poland. The whole article is largely how German revisionism is essentially bollocks even at that time and the fact that there would soon be more Poles out there than ever used to be Germans out there meant that any "right to homeland" postulated by the German expellee associations was bound to become surreal. So yeah, there would be more people in Poland than IOTL without World War II, but would they reproduce as prolifically as IOTL as well when there's no new land? They did a breakdown of the Polish population in the former German lands, saying that Poles born there after 1945 made up the largest number, their parents form central Poland being second (both 2+ million people) and expellees from the Kresy only coming third (1.2 million I guess) and with the autochtons being fourth.

I remember a schoolbook from my uncle from the 1970s (looked like economic geography and even had spreadsheet on geological ages) that was in my attic that talked about the westward movement of Poland and they said that 1.5 million Poles had to move whereas Poland also gained territories where 8.86 million Germans used to live. The same book also featured a breakdown of the 1937 population of the German Reich which was 74 million people. If we treat those numbers as valid, it's easy to have larger families and provide for a pro-natalist policy if you can fill vacant plots designed for 7+ million people with a comparable number of Poles from central Poland or whatever you name it. This could happen ITTL as well, but on a more limited scope with less of a base population.

I read that Russia's OTL population would've been 90 million more if not for the disasters of the 20th century.

So let's take an educated guess: The Kaczynski scenario without World War II wouldn't make for 66 million Poles, but I'd say 50 million are plausible with most Jews still being in Poland. OTL Poland is at 38 million people. TTL's Zapadoslavian Poland could be at the range of 30 to 32 million Poles provided that their would be similar pro-natalist measures as IOTL's People's Republic of Poland. The bigger question how the Zapadoslavian Czechia is supposed to resettle the big chunck of Silesia and Lusatia in addition to Sudetenland.

I think you have to exclude Jews. OTL Polish Jews were already being persecuted by the Polish government in 1939.

zAeZIhu.png

Something I made for the TWR-verse, a hybird sport of rugby football and gridiron football. Originally it was a hybrid sport for Allied soldiers familiar with their own football code to play together like the real life AUSTUS, but unlilke its real life counterpart it has expanded into a widely played sport among the member states of the Toronto Accord.

Last edited:
Ok, so I've already posted some stuff about this. Thousand-Week Reich, abbreviated to TWR, was a series of maps and other media originally posted on the subreddit r/imaginarymaps with accompanying lore as my attempt to create a timeline in which Nazi Germany wins WW2, but keeping it as realistic as possible and avoiding a Germany-wank. It was also created as a kind of effort to showcase the extent and horrors of the Nazi plans for Europe, like Generalplan Ost, which are relatively unknown even among casual history fans. The series is ongoing, with new additions all the time from me and others, and is even being turned into a HOI4 mod with a slightly modified lore (r/twrmod).

In basic terms, Germany signs an armistice with Britain in early 1941, wins the war against the USSR at great cost, and continues having to fight a guerrilla insurgency in eastern Europe for years as Britain and America build a close alliance in opposition to them. A civil war breaks out and lasts through the mid-late 1950s, with Nazi Europe crumbling slowly, and direct western intervention being the final death blow.

An explanation and a collection of all of my (/u/ap246) maps can be found here: In addition, /u/TheMightyKutKu and /u/aardvark421421 have also contributed with their own maps.

Here are all the maps and media so far in this series in rough order of creation, click the accompanying reddit links to read their full explanation and accompanying lore (highly encourage you too, there's loads of extra background in the reddit threads):

FeAkf2LOmzhA6Q5ZbCQJ-IScX4yZrQysAZ4XHlChdfc.png

Shows the 'eastern insurgency' and Germany's continued war against armed groups in eastern Europe -
---

j4AzN0LqkMeXJiw0ElDYZFQGOTXUuULp1guq4oAxi68.png

Shows the French civil war with the collapse of the former 'Vichy' regime -

---

65Un1PKtkDESgsX7Z9D0p_A5Yx_fooX1-DMckKbr8jI.png

The Atlantic Union, this world's equivalent of NATO -
---

FwMdp8AsTxF06hVVDWid-F9zsi6X7uju2znhwviRHQ8.png

Outbreak of the German Civil War following Himmler's coup attempt -
---

GlHiXw8WdGqDrRBSX4rxjkU-j46_7ZNs9ki3XtYTfj4.png

Gotenland, an SS breakaway state that gets cut off from Germany during the civil war and the advance of Russian forces - https://www.reddit.com/r/imaginarym...e_germanic_state_of_gotenland_1958_realistic/

---

iNcY4nRLwMcv6l_LgXN7Rb9jZNfC8p1pQTgdj-_dzow.png

Zapadoslavia, a united west slavic state created in the aftermath of Nazi Germany's fall and dismantlement - https://www.reddit.com/r/imaginarym...=hot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=imaginarymaps

---

R9ueVMHCjs1NEWuqjYJvoI-VAE2PAzW8pp6sWJ2eGwo.png

The Republic of China by 1960 - https://www.reddit.com/r/imaginarym...epublic_of_china_1960_realistic_nazi_victory/

---

I5ka-B-BlXFvnjAo-fZ8h7xKGm4q24cmVZ661toN618.png

The Greater Syrian State, a Nazi ally in the middle-east - https://www.reddit.com/r/imaginarymaps/comments/78y691/the_greater_syrian_state_1950_realistic_nazi/

---

szLCLEGSA7qQ4PKgHu1x-d8YvToLHBBO__2buLjBbJQ.png

The Third Balkan War, involving a Serb uprising against the weak Axis minor states with Germany embroiled in civil war - https://www.reddit.com/r/imaginarymaps/comments/7c9fww/the_third_balkan_war_realistic_nazi_victory/

---

aAcNkHm8gQXVj_Gjreq66KbW7umkya4kIrvKLTan-_8.png

The evolution of mandatory Palestine into a condominium, which is invaded by the expansionist Syria - https://www.reddit.com/r/imaginarym...ium=user&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=frontpage

---

0pmYuvkOHwLcIPyHRk-67E5mLBw_mgbzADeIXQ--IzM.png

Germany's provisional government following a military coup against the remaining Nazi leadership after the civil war - https://www.reddit.com/r/imaginarym...e_provisional_government_of_the_german_reich/

bnw39eFsOVOPhpf6GCL8Lumk5-tt3BPlbsjIvhCQqiU.png

Operation Flood, the western military intervention in mainland Europe during the late stages of the German Civil War - https://www.reddit.com/r/imaginarymaps/comments/7y22pm/thousandweek_reich_operation_flood_1959/

---

In addition to these regular maps of mine, there's a couple of other bits of media that's not the same normal map format:

I34rT5QRz5U8yHgCH8HbPlkxyF4Itq7KzpkLKuxFArU.png

A page from a British history textbook about the resistance in Eastern Europe - https://www.reddit.com/r/twrmod/comments/7tc3oh/2018_history_textbook_page_partisans_in_eastern/

---

LlAR86AuF2Emvlu2nmVpN4OaprvqLRdWeCwykqeZrqE.png

A 2010 BBC article commemorating 50 years since the end of Nazi Germany and 20 years of Nazi rule in Europe - (no explanation except the image itself)

---

5zt00iGNvpmMjs_D7e1YXYKzYK7JrdqgftwHaVM39dQ.png

The front cover and title page from Red Tide, an alternate history novel that's a DBWI in the TWR universe, what if the Nazis lost WW2? - https://www.reddit.com/r/imaginarym...tide_thousand_week_reich_double_blind_whatif/

In addition, kutku and aardvark have also made maps and media in the same universe

kutku:

Capture_decran_2018-05-06_a_17.52.27.png

Capture_decran_2018-05-04_a_21.21.23.png

WnsbvUSyDRCAZ4Ank20OmlwqaYwYHtcmFj9iGHTLl9E.png

Operation Tannenbaum - https://www.reddit.com/r/imaginarymaps/comments/8gar0y/thousandweek_reich_operation_tannenbaum_1943/

---

w3j6hi8tca011.png

German oil production and imports - https://www.reddit.com/r/twrmod/comments/8me2gk/thousandweek_reich_postwar_german_oil_logistics/

---

aardvark:

lv4wjtpq1py01.png

Turkestan - https://www.reddit.com/r/twrmod/comments/8kh7cb/the_united_republic_of_turkestan_1950/

-------

Woah, that's a lot of stuff. Any questions, just ask, but this is all the media in this scenario so far, and I'll probably continue to update this thread if any new media is created.

Isn't Reichkommissariat Ukraine too big? I don't wanna be this person, but it was planned that Reichkommissariat Moskau/Moskowien would occupy the rest of European Russia along the AA Line. And it looks like the Soviet Union collapsed into several States following the defeat.

As for the German Civil War, I don't really see a reason on why Himmler would start a rebellion, but it's up to you (I'll read the Reddit Post though). The SS is Hitler's loyal wing of troopers. Unless they wanted to take over the Army like the SA did in the 30s. Overall, pretty good though, and it's quite suprising on how Hitler's most trusted man in the SS would betray him.

And woah Partisans are everywhere.

Isn't Reichkommissariat Ukraine too big? I don't wanna be this person, but it was planned that Reichkommissariat Moskau/Moskowien would occupy the rest of European Russia along the AA Line. And it looks like the Soviet Union collapsed into several States following the defeat.

As for the German Civil War, I don't really see a reason on why Himmler would start a rebellion, but it's up to you (I'll read the Reddit Post though). The SS is Hitler's loyal wing of troopers. Unless they wanted to take over the Army like the SA did in the 30s. Overall, pretty good though, and it's quite suprising on how Hitler's most trusted man in the SS would betray him.

And woah Partisans are everywhere.
It is probably worth pointing out that the German Civil War starts after Hitler's death of natural causes, so being Hitler's loyal wing of troopers is less of an impediment to trying to coup.

It is probably worth pointing out that the German Civil War starts after Hitler's death of natural causes, so being Hitler's loyal wing of troopers is less of an impediment to trying to coup.

When Hitler dies, who replaces him though? I bet Göring or Goebbels. But still, Himmler overthrows the Nazis and sets a provisional Government, of what ideology?