Thousand-Week Reich - A 'realistic' Nazi victory scenario

By the way I'm... kinda... back? I'm not abroad any more, but now I'm busy. I have been working on something though, that you should see in the coming days!

So which countries in Europe would you say get the most tourists in the modern day? I imagine very few would go to Eastern Europe. Germany may be just starting to get tourists again. Italy would probably be a very popular destination, as would Spain and Portugal. Britain and Ireland might get slightly more, as a result of there being fewer alternatives. Europe in general will probably not get as many- people will prefer to go places not as damaged by the war, such the Americas or Asia.

So which countries in Europe would you say get the most tourists in the modern day? I imagine very few would go to Eastern Europe. Germany may be just starting to get tourists again. Italy would probably be a very popular destination, as would Spain and Portugal. Britain and Ireland might get slightly more, as a result of there being fewer alternatives. Europe in general will probably not get as many- people will prefer to go places not as damaged by the war, such the Americas or Asia.

Eastern Europe would be a great place ITTL to film horror movies for....reasons.

By all your reasoning, Nordic noir shouldn't even exist because it used to be a model region for practiced social democracy in the 20th century. I guess they'd go everywhere just as IOTL, nobody bothered about Berlin having a crater in form of the Berlin Wall. And seeing it rebuilt is a reason to get there.

Chapter 4 - A Post Nazi World

Korea - The Asian Tiger

korea.png

This is the second glimpse into a in-universe history book. Maybe one day I could make the whole book a thing...

Any questions about Korea in TWR or anything else mentioned above, feel free to ask! I put a lot of thought into this area, as I was in Korea visiting relatives for a while which prompted this.

Korea - The Asian Tiger

korea.png

This is the second glimpse into a in-universe history book. Maybe one day I could make the whole book a thing...

Any questions about Korea in TWR or anything else mentioned above, feel free to ask! I put a lot of thought into this area, as I was in Korea visiting relatives for a while which prompted this.
So is Japan in the spot of OTL South Korea, then? Or is it still a backwater?

Korea - The Asian Tiger

korea.png

Does this mean we get Korean anime?

Does this mean we get Korean anime?

Interesting, haha. I'm not usually one to consider cultural effects of timeline changes, but with Korea being a much larger united country of 80 million, it could well produce more culture and media for global consumption.

Due to the non-victorious Soviet Union failing to create satellite regimes and the Maoists never winning the Chinese Civil War, there is no such thing as binary divided nations ITTL. One people being part Vietnam and part Korea (by TTL's standards) and the "peculiar" part blocking the landbridge to the "normal" part from the rest of Continental Asia would be considered ASB or at least a problem to be swiftly solved.

Due to the non-victorious Soviet Union failing to create satellite regimes and the Maoists never winning the Chinese Civil War, there is no such thing as binary divided nations ITTL. One people being part Vietnam and part Korea (by TTL's standards) and the "peculiar" part blocking the landbridge to the "normal" part from the rest of Continental Asia would be considered ASB or at least a problem to be swiftly solved.

Yeah, true. If you think about it, divided nations like Germany, Vietnam and Korea (to this day) are quite strange. I think the cold war was a very unique phenomenon, and I tried not to copy the otl cold war too much in TWR, because I think the 'cold war' as we know it was a result of specific circumstances. A cold war is not just two powerful countries trying to win.

Something more related to the HOI4 mod than the timeline itself, but it's still part of the greater TWR-verse. A little trailer:

What’s the state of us politics circa 2019 ITLL, could we maybe get a list of presidents since the end of the war ?

Perhaps. It's something I have long thought about but not got round to, partly because I think with my lack of knowledge of US political history I might not do it justice.

I am and have been in quite a busy time atm, and I've been concentrating on the HOI4 mod, so yeah there's been no update for a while and probably won't be for some time.

What do you guys think about holding an US election game set in the TWR universe here on this site? I've asked Prox/AP246 about this and he would like to gauge how interested people would be.

The idea is that we would run Presidential elections from 1952 onward. We would do OTL politicians until the butterflies catch up.

Last edited:
What do you guys think about holding an US election game set in the TWR universe here on this site? I've asked Prox/AP246 about this and he would like to gauge how interested people would be.
Depends on which election it's going to be and who the candidates are.