Thousand-Week Reich - A 'realistic' Nazi victory scenario

Fair enough. Who then succeeded Beria?

This isn't decided yet. It may be Konev, though I'll have to decide at a later time.

Regardless, I wouldn't assume stuff in the mod is canon for the timeline. If it is Konev, that doesn't mean Konev has the same character as in the HOI4 mod. They are somewhat separate lores.

Updates

Don't worry, I'm not cancelling the timeline or anything, no need to be alarmed, just wanted to say a couple of things.

Firstly, I'm currently abroad and will be for a couple of weeks. After that, I will likely be quite busy, so I wouldn't expect a major update for a while. Prepare for a continued period of not that much, but feel free to comment and discuss and ask questions, I'll be happy to answer.

Second, and I know this is a bit of a stretch, but if anyone has HOI4 modding experience and would like to contribute to the mod, we could really use you. We're really in need of people who can stay around and contribute with useful skills, whether that's coding or making the necessary gfx and stuff. Every little helps. If you would like to help, just contact me either directly via discord or through here or whatever.

See you around

Anyways, what is the German economy nowadays like in TWR!2019?

I'd say pretty strong on a European level, but not like otl. Germany, France and Italy likely all have similarly sized economies, making a more multipolar and balanced mainland Europe of nations.

The million-dollar question is of course: How do Baltica and Zapadoslavia fare? No communism, but major genocide in the latter.

The million-dollar question is of course: How do Baltica and Zapadoslavia fare? No communism, but major genocide in the latter.

In 1960, both, especially Zapadoslavia, were destroyed, with Zapadoslavia destroyed demographically. By the modern day, I think the two would have recovered quite well after 60 years, but Zapadoslavia is probably still economically weaker and more damaged than otl Poland, Czechia and Slovakia.

In 1960, both, especially Zapadoslavia, were destroyed, with Zapadoslavia destroyed demographically. By the modern day, I think the two would have recovered quite well after 60 years, but Zapadoslavia is probably still economically weaker and more damaged than otl Poland, Czechia and Slovakia.
So you'd say that the Western Slavonic nations wouldn't just have smaller GDPs because they lack the number of countrymen, but also have worse GDP per capita?
So let's say that IOTL Poland has 38.5m, Czechia has 10.5m and Slovakia has 5.5m inhabitants w/o significant minorities if we don't count the 1-2m Ukrainians in Poland.
How much would it be ITTL and how would its GDP per capita relate to OTL?

So you'd say that the Western Slavonic nations wouldn't just have smaller GDPs because they lack the number of countrymen, but also have worse GDP per capita?
So let's say that IOTL Poland has 38.5m, Czechia has 10.5m and Slovakia has 5.5m inhabitants w/o significant minorities if we don't count the 1-2m Ukrainians in Poland.
How much would it be ITTL and how would its GDP per capita relate to OTL?

That's, I think, harder to reasonably predict as various different unpredictable things could have happened in the 60 years since the defeat of the Nazis. After all, countries can sometimes recover from absolute destruction relatively quickly and end up pretty well. However, seeing as the whole of Europe in general will be worse off in this timeline, and the level of destruction that these areas will face, I still think they'd be a bit worse off than otl, even with their smaller populations taken into account.

This is a bit of a morbid question but...

Whenever genocide occurs, one common image are videos of people digging the bones of its victims out of the ground. The leaving of bones isn't...always an accident. Tamerlane often stacked the skulls of his victims into pyramids as part of the whole "intimidate the enemy into submission" strategy.

TTL, does Eastern Europe become a place where if you dig anywhere, you might find the bones of some poor victim.

I ask the question because if Generalplan Ost was ever implemented, I imagine someone TTL might say "Eastern Europe became the world's largest cemetery." If bones are easy to find, then that metaphor might be...tragically true.

This is a bit of a morbid question but...

Whenever genocide occurs, one common image are videos of people digging the bones of its victims out of the ground. The leaving of bones isn't...always an accident. Tamerlane often stacked the skulls of his victims into pyramids as part of the whole "intimidate the enemy into submission" strategy.

TTL, does Eastern Europe become a place where if you dig anywhere, you might find the bones of some poor victim.

I ask the question because if Generalplan Ost was ever implemented, I imagine someone TTL might say "Eastern Europe became the world's largest cemetery." If bones are easy to find, then that metaphor might be...tragically true.

I think it'd depend. 100 million is a lot of people, but eastern europe is a vast area. I don't think it could ever literally be 'dig anywhere and find bones', but there'd be a higher concentration than most places in otl.

I think it'd depend. 100 million is a lot of people, but eastern europe is a vast area. I don't think it could ever literally be 'dig anywhere and find bones', but there'd be a higher concentration than most places in otl.

But I imagine in the TTL present day, people might still be finding bones. And the bones are useful, because they show evidence of the horrible mistreatment the Reich would dole out to slave laborers.

But I imagine in the TTL present day, people might still be finding bones. And the bones are useful, because they show evidence of the horrible mistreatment the Reich would dole out to slave laborers.

Yeah, true. The level of death and destruction would be unparalleled in the modern world, and the evidence of it would be everywhere.

Yeah, true. The level of death and destruction would be unparalleled in the modern world, and the evidence of it would be everywhere.

Again, the real evidence will lie in the bones.

It is incredible, but slightly disturbing, how much information you can obtain from bones.

For example, the bones of Scythian woman confirm the ancient Amazon legends as (sort of) true. Because the bones of the woman bear the scars of war.

I imagine when people look at the bones of Nazi victims, they'll reel back in horror the horrible mistreatment, abuse, and deprivation Slavs endured.

Again, the real evidence will lie in the bones.

It is incredible, but slightly disturbing, how much information you can obtain from bones.

For example, the bones of Scythian woman confirm the ancient Amazon legends as (sort of) true. Because the bones of the woman bear the scars of war.

I imagine when people look at the bones of Nazi victims, they'll reel back in horror the horrible mistreatment, abuse, and deprivation Slavs endured.

A modern example from OTL: When mass graves of Bosniak genocides (Srebrenica et al.) from the 1990s are undug, modern DNA tests reveal that individual corpses have been broken up and distributed to different mass graves. The parts can be recollected to have the one right corpse for the grieving family and they may be the only ones who care, but the thought that the perpetrators cared enough to divide the corpses, yet didn't care about the advances in DNA tests even in the 1990s when it was already a known thing means that the perpetrators never thought of getting caught, just didn't care or lacked some serious savvy that many readers of AH.com take pride from, whether rightly so or not, makes me doubt the competency of leaders here and then. More banal are things like different vegetative growth patterns in modern Germany depending on where a Roman battle happened or not, local destructions and left-over weapons being enough to scar the place without needing bones and imprint it differently from the surroundings.

Banality of evil aside, do you think that feeding potential perpetrators of any killings with shows like Forensic Files/Medical Detectives would convince them that they'll eventually be caught for crimes anyway? Or do you think it's rather counterproductive because the potential perpretrators may be motivated to commit an even more perfect murder? And if we further discuss this, ordinary Chat or NPC?

A modern example from OTL: When mass graves of Bosniak genocides (Srebrenica et al.) from the 1990s are undug, modern DNA tests reveal that individual corpses have been broken up and distributed to different mass graves. The parts can be recollected to have the one right corpse for the grieving family and they may be the only ones who care, but the thought that the perpetrators cared enough to divide the corpses, yet didn't care about the advances in DNA tests even in the 1990s when it was already a known thing means that the perpetrators never thought of getting caught, just didn't care or lacked some serious savvy that many readers of AH.com take pride from, whether rightly so or not, makes me doubt the competency of leaders here and then. More banal are things like different vegetative growth patterns in modern Germany depending on where a Roman battle happened or not, local destructions and left-over weapons being enough to scar the place without needing bones and imprint it differently from the surroundings.

Banality of evil aside, do you think that feeding potential perpetrators of any killings with shows like Forensic Files/Medical Detectives would convince them that they'll eventually be caught for crimes anyway? Or do you think it's rather counterproductive because the potential perpretrators may be motivated to commit an even more perfect murder? And if we further discuss this, ordinary Chat or NPC?

Here's the issue with that. This is the reason why ridiculously long sentences for crimes don't deter criminals.

Criminals are people who, for one reason or another, choose to break the law. Many of them are arrogant and believe they won't be caught. Some are sociopaths with a blatant disregard for morality.

So I don't think that deters those who would go killing sprees.

Hey, I know this is not the best place to do it, but it's the closest I have to the mod. I saw the latest Italian East Africa teaser on another server, and while I like it overall, I feel like I should point out that Haile Selassie went into exile in 1936, when he fled to England. Your teaser says he fled to Kenya in 1944, which makes little sense. Other than that, it looks nice!

About the same as otl, if not slightly less democratic even than that. I'd say they pay lip service to democracy in some way, but are not democratic

So is the ITTL Russian President a "Putin" or is he a Park Chung Hee (he was terrible, but at least he built some roads).

Eastern Europe here is basically Bosnia's mass graves on a continental scale.

So is the ITTL Russian President a "Putin" or is he a Park Chung Hee (he was terrible, but at least he built some roads).

In between the two perhaps, more authoritarian than Putin but not quite a full on military dictator.

Actually interesting you'd bring up Park, my next piece I'm thinking about making is about the history of Korea, as well as a bit more detail on the world as a whole.