Thought Experiment: Byzo-Persian State Administration

This is a thought I've been having lately, based on a few well known AH tropes. I thought I'd throw it out there to start some discussion amongst those more knowledgeable than myself.

Do note, however: I'm not that interested in the plausibility of the scenerio per say (people argueing about that is one of the biggest surefire ways to detail any discussion, I've learned). So please keep your comments to the scenerio as given.

Scenerio:

The last great Sassanian-Byzantine war has come to an end, with the Byzantines the victors. However, Islam never develops in this world, meaning the Arabs do not unite under a new faith. As a result, the Sassanian Dynasty limps along in Persia, greatly weakened.

A period of internal chaos follows and the Sassanians fall to internal revolt and possibly outside pressure from the East. A new dynasty rises in its place, and it is Christian; adherents of the Church in the East (Nestorian) to be particular.

At the same time, the Byzantines go through one of their periodic bouts of harassing heretics. The result being, that numerous Syrian Nestorians find themselves seeking safe harbor and protection in Persia.

The new dynasty is an religious minority in their own land, but have a strong base of support within Mesopotamia. Their leader is also competent, vigorious and has proven himself militarily successful. He welcomes the refugees and works many of the well educated ones into his own administration.

The end result being that the new Persian state actually inherits some key administrative ideas and practices from the Byzantines - modified and adapted, of course, for use within Persia.

So, my question to you guys is: assuming that this new dynasty produces a few good rulers in a row to cement their power (and, for the sake of argument, they will) and manage to reach an accord with the majority-zoroastrian population:

What does this new state look like, and what Byzantines ideas would be incorporated into its structure?

Deleted member 114175

I could see a return to a much more decentralized, satrapy focused Persia. If Nestorians escaping Byzantine persecution are the biggest Byzantine influence in the new Persia's statecraft, then it's not going to be the most favorable to the Byzantine Empire. (They may be favorable to Roman traditions in general, though). Instead it will be more Parthian. In fact the latter phase of the Parthian Empire where it remained only somewhat Greek influenced could be a good model.