THICC: The Highly-Inclusive Color Code

Crazy Boris

Banned
why is the ecuador-colombia-venezuela region called paria?

It's the name Columbus gave the region when he was exploring around it, sounds better than "Northern South America", it used to be split into "Gran Colombia" and "Guiana", but I merged them around version 2.2

Other ideas for sci-fi/fantasy:
City of Ys / Secondary Submerged City, Kitezh / Tertiary Submerged City, Yonaguni / Quarternary Submerged City,
Bikini Bottom / Quinary Submerged City :p
Hyperborea, Thule, Agartha / Hollow Earth
I'd combine Hyperborea and Thule, but regarding Agartha: Mole People / Subterranean Human Subspecies
Miskatonic University,
Why not go the full nine yards and have colours for Arkham, Innsmouth, Dunwich, and Kingsport?
New Zealand / Chronically Forgotten Island on Maps
That would probably go under Zealandia

Blorg / Fungal Aliens / Fanatic Befrienders
Church of the Broken God / Adeptus Mechanicus / Machine-Worshippers
No Imperium/Chaos? For shame!
Personally, I'd combine the Chaos Gods with the various Lovecraft deities (and add one more), like this:

R'lyeh / Forces of Cthulhu / Primary Great Old One / Chaos Undivided
Deep Ones / Forces of Dagon / Secondary Great Old One
Carcosa / Forces of Hastur / Tertiary Great Old One / Slaanesh
Forces of Nyarlathotep / Global Alien Organisation / Primary Outer God / Tzeentch
Forces of Shub-Niggurath / Secondary Outer God / Nurgle
Forces of Yog-Sothoth / Tertiary Outer God / Khorne
Forces of Azathoth / All-Powerful Alien Force

It's the name Columbus gave the region when he was exploring around it, sounds better than "Northern South America", it used to be split into "Gran Colombia" and "Guiana", but I merged them around version 2.2
thanks amico, i was wondering cause i know theres that old map calling north america "parias"

Other ideas for sci-fi/fantasy:

Bikini Bottom / Quinary Submerged City:p

I'd combine Hyperborea and Thule, but regarding Agartha: Mole People / Subterranean Human Subspecies

Why not go the full nine yards and have colours for Arkham, Innsmouth, Dunwich, and Kingsport?

That would probably go under Zealandia

Blorg / Fungal Aliens / Fanatic Befrienders
Church of the Broken God / Adeptus Mechanicus / Machine-Worshippers

Personally, I'd combine the Chaos Gods with the various Lovecraft deities (and add one more), like this:

R'lyeh / Forces of Cthulhu / Primary Great Old One / Chaos Undivided
Deep Ones / Forces of Dagon / Secondary Great Old One
Carcosa / Forces of Hastur / Tertiary Great Old One / Slaanesh
Forces of Nyarlathotep / Global Alien Organisation / Primary Outer God / Tzeentch
Forces of Shub-Niggurath / Secondary Outer God / Nurgle
Forces of Yog-Sothoth / Tertiary Outer God / Khorne
Forces of Azathoth / All-Powerful Alien Force
Kinda based.

I gotta see which Spain works for Paldea also. Hmm, Secondary Visigoths for Scarlet Paldea and Secondary Asturias for Violet Paldea? I’d use Austenasia for Isle of Armor and Confederated clans for Crown Tundra. Galapagos for Lental. Sapporo for Hisui. Probably Morioka Domain for Ransei. I’d use Heptary Kyushu for Hoenn for the “too much water” meme.

qazse

Gone Fishin'
Is there anywhere where the entirety of THICC 3.0 has been compiled into one giant file?

Just a few potential additions and comments:

Emirate of Crete missing
Pfalz-Zweibrücken missing
Maybe at least 5 more variants for HRE ecclesiastical territories
Maybe at least 5 more variants for HRE imperial cities
Reuss-Schleiz missing

Celje / add Cili (a barony/county)
Upper and Lower Lusatia should be two different entries
Please add the German names for the colors for each Silesian Duchy, to better allow identifying the right colors.
The color of the CSA collides with the color of secondary administration borders
Sarterland (minor German secondary Frisia)
County of Eu in Northern France

Meskheti /Samtske in Georgia are basically the same region
Different Colors for Guria and Adjaria
Fraxinetum - Muslim France / Muslim Provence
Please add the name Liverpool to the Meyerside
Lothian
Tauria (Region in Southern Ukraine before Crimea)
Siena and Umbria different colors
Olympia - Sport Organization / Sport Arena controlled area / athletic state
Erbil (also Soran)
Early Medieval Kingdoms of Britanny ( Cornouaille, Poher, Domnonia, Bro Erech)
Knightly Orders of Spain and Portugal (Order of Calavatra, Order of Santiago ...)

qazse

Gone Fishin'
Apologies if I'm being thick, but where's the Singapore colour?

EDIT: Also, where are the New Guinea colours?

Last edited:

Crazy Boris

Banned
Apologies if I'm being thick, but where's the Singapore colour?

EDIT: Also, where are the New Guinea colours?
Singapore is in Sunda under other islands

New Guinea isn’t on the big image, it somehow got lost in the compiling, but the section is still easy to find on its own in the sta.sh

Hey, so I made my own edit of the main compilation image that I'd like to share. Adds Papua SciFi Space and Rebels, gets rid of the Gulf of Guinea copy, moves some stuff around due to that new space. Has to be a drive link cuz size. Do I have permission to post it here? Thought I'd ask beforehand, just in case.

Crazy Boris

Banned
Hey, so I made my own edit of the main compilation image that I'd like to share. Adds Papua SciFi Space and Rebels, gets rid of the Gulf of Guinea copy, moves some stuff around due to that new space. Has to be a drive link cuz size. Do I have permission to post it here? Thought I'd ask beforehand, just in case.

go for it, I'm all for people making custom and improved arrangements

Yay

Also made an MBAM of where each category and subcategory is located on a world map (except Tusi cus idk anything about that)
Usually done by taking the first core color of each category or subcategory, though sometimes Id go for the second or third in case it looks too much like its surroundings
when doing maritime boundaries for that, I made the borders the comp/military controlled territory, and the water the military occupied territory. Darkest and lightest of each respectively
And a lil shrunken down version of the compilation image that shows the categories as one big block so they're easier to find

Last edited: