THICC: The Highly-Inclusive Color Code

Crazy Boris

Banned
Hi @Crazy Boris
Hope you don't mind some comments.
I have just been trying to use the Silesian colour scheme. Accepting the difficulties in any palette of finding the place you want this one is even more difficult as only Polish place-names are used. I have been desperately trying to translate and then find it on the list [hmmm... this says brz#### but its not this brz### or is it a variation?].

Anyway, I wanted to ask if this one can have the German names for each as well as the modern Polish ones.

Also, could not find Bar [or Rethel] in either French or German lists, had to use generic Lorraine/Burgundian Circle which is unfortunate as I'm also showing Lorraine.

That aside, I am loving this massive body of work, you must have loooooooooooooooooooooong nights doing this.

German translations in Silesia makes sense, that can be in the next update, provided they’ll fit in the boxes.

I had the opposite thoughts as ML, I thought Bar was in but not Rethel, either way though, France can certainly do with some expanding to cover more feudal bases.

Glad you like it, and thanks for the input

German translations in Silesia makes sense, that can be in the next update, provided they’ll fit in the boxes.

I had the opposite thoughts as ML, I thought Bar was in but not Rethel, either way though, France can certainly do with some expanding to cover more feudal bases.

Could you also fix the Polish names while you are at it. I posted about it a couple of times but using adjectives instead of nouns seems a bit off.

Thank you for these suggestions,
We copied the Duchies from another colour scheme, so apologies there.

Thank you for the thoughts for Bar and Rethel, I thought Rethel was in, but I'll be sure to check and give some check overs for another update.

If you are open to further ideas, I couldn't find anything that combined the whole Austrian Habsburg lands including Royal Hungary, Croatia, temporarily Transylvania etc.
Also I could not find a general colour for Church Lands in the HRE or for Free Cities.

We welcome as many suggestions as you guys can give us @Bob Hope and @black_0

Can you elaborate Bob on the Austrian side, so can easily implement them. Otherwise, looking forward to seeing what else you might suggest :).

We welcome as many suggestions as you guys can give us @Bob Hope and @black_0

Can you elaborate Bob on the Austrian side, so can easily implement them. Otherwise, looking forward to seeing what else you might suggest :).
Just looking at maps you will often see A-H all one colour although many differentiate between the Crowns and Titles the Habsburg Emperor had.
Thinking about it and expanding, basically I suppose I am suggesting a Dynastic listing to unite a families holdings over multiple areas of Europe [I suppose I should include Mexico under Austrian Habs]
e.g.;
Austrian Habsburg
Spanish Habsburg
Wittelsbach
Angevin
Plantagenet
Luxembourg
Hollerzollern
Napoleonic

This could be expanded to Timurid successors, the Diadochi, the Abbasids, the Moghuls and, I'm sure, many others.

I apologise, I realize this could mean a lot more work for you

mr b.png

I have an issue with this color scheme, it's not that the color are bad or something, but instead how much time I have to spend looking for the colors for obscures countries. You may say, "will you really lose too much time if you keep looking?" Yes. I spent up to 10 minutes or more looking for the color I want.
idk don't know if I'm too impatient, or I don't know how to read or something else, and I don't even know a solution to this, but I just want to vent my frustration with this
Agreed; maybe have subdivisions for regions of countries or historical iterations of countries? For example, maybe Prussia gets placed in the German category due to its closer association to Germany as compared to the Baltics.

@ML8991 , @Crazy Boris
Given the previous comments, have you guys thought of putting this on a spreadsheet, keep the naming system but add a line before with the individual name, so you would have duplicate lines with just the individual name different.
The beauty would be that it could be sorted into alphabetical order via the individual but brought back to normal by sorting the main name section.

Even if you do this so it just has a line number directing to the section it would work [so long as you add a line number to the originals]

Crazy Boris

Banned
@ML8991 , @Crazy Boris
Given the previous comments, have you guys thought of putting this on a spreadsheet, keep the naming system but add a line before with the individual name, so you would have duplicate lines with just the individual name different.
The beauty would be that it could be sorted into alphabetical order via the individual but brought back to normal by sorting the main name section.

Even if you do this so it just has a line number directing to the section it would work [so long as you add a line number to the originals]

I actually did make a spreadsheet back around maybe 2.1, but never updated it with subsequent versions. A new one could be made, but with how huge 3.0 has gotten, it would take a while.

S/F is going to be a bit tricky though since defining subsections has been difficult, especially given some of the combinations existing (Homo Floresiensis/Hobbits is a great combo, but you can’t exactly fit the pair under a clear category.) A few different possibilities have been thrown around, but nothing’s definitive.
If I might suggest--"alternate evolution" would fit things like various sapient Earth animals, different hominids, and so forth. "Aliens" would fit, well, aliens. You might split off mythological ASB and media ASB off into their own sections, as well, and consider assigning colors not just to individual mythological species (kirin, nagas, minotaurs, et cetera) but to general blocs of mythological species (fae and yokai could work, but a general color for Greek mythological creatures would be better than separate ones for chimarae and pegasi). Well, really, replacing some of the individual mythological species with more general groupings might be better.

(Also if you're going to do SCP Foundation stuff, the Serpent's Hand should probably be on there.)

Last edited: