THICC: The Highly-Inclusive Color Code

is there going to be a colour for Ngưu Hống? ive opted to use the sipsong/ tai vietnam colour for now (i could of also used song la since the capital was in what is now song la) but at the time of the map im making, song la province was fully taken by vietnam, but a rump nguu hong still existed.

I remember there being a “fictional” section for the THICC, with various colors representing non-OTL or fantasy polities or groups. Couldn’t find it on the new one; where’d it go?

Crazy Boris

Banned
is there going to be a colour for Ngưu Hống? ive opted to use the sipsong/ tai vietnam colour for now (i could of also used song la since the capital was in what is now song la) but at the time of the map im making, song la province was fully taken by vietnam, but a rump nguu hong still existed.

Never heard of that before. I guess Sipsong will do for now until the next version
I remember there being a “fictional” section for the THICC, with various colors representing non-OTL or fantasy polities or groups. Couldn’t find it on the new one; where’d it go?
It just hasn’t been done yet. It will be added eventually

Also, where's the Turpan Khanate in the main version of THICC V3?
We used the alternative spelling of Turfan, and with that the Turfan Khanate can be found in the urghurstan section of the scheme (last section of central Asia)

Hope this helps :),
From ML8991,
Boris's helper

Question, If I am coloring a Civil War in a country do I properly show the autonomous areas? For example, in Myanmar, Would I be better off coloring all of the Military territory as the same color rather than in shades to denote autonomy?

I say this because, especially in Myanmar where there are dozens of factions, it may be easy to confuse an autonomous province for a rebel group and I would like to if possible avoid confusion from this.

Crazy Boris

Banned
Question, If I am coloring a Civil War in a country do I properly show the autonomous areas? For example, in Myanmar, Would I be better off coloring all of the Military territory as the same color rather than in shades to denote autonomy?

I say this because, especially in Myanmar where there are dozens of factions, it may be easy to confuse an autonomous province for a rebel group and I would like to if possible avoid confusion from this.

Just go with whatever works for your purposes, I think you should be fine so long as all the rebel colors are distinct enough from the main colors, but if it looks off, then scrapping the autonomy shade is reasonable.

Crazy Boris

Banned
It’s been a while without any updates, so I come bearing a look at what’s next for THICC.

Personal stuff and other projects have put progress on hold for a bit, but I’m going to be getting back to work on the final stretch of THICC 3.0 very soon.

The rebels section currently has all of the Americas and Western Europe done, with Zapadoslavia being the next section on the line. It’ll be a while before it’s ready and released, since as with the rest of 3.0, it’s huge, but it’ll definitely be worth the wait.

After that will be the remaining sections for core THICC, space and sci-fi/fantasy. Space should be a bit of a cakewalk, not too much is planned for additions, the main edit will be organization and subsections (inner solar system, outer solar system, and interstellar space)

S/F is going to be a bit tricky though since defining subsections has been difficult, especially given some of the combinations existing (Homo Floresiensis/Hobbits is a great combo, but you can’t exactly fit the pair under a clear category.) A few different possibilities have been thrown around, but nothing’s definitive.

After that, though core’s certainly not done, and some ideas for 3.5 have already been discussed, but it’ll be time for Extra THICC 3.0 to get it’s due.

For extra, one of the biggest changes you can expect is languages. A language color key has already been largely completed, with only very large families (Austronesian, Niger-Congo, Trans-New Guinea, Pama-Nyungan) and a few small ones (in Australia and New Guinea) not done.

Religions is another section you can expect some changes in, with better organization and new entries of obscure new religious movements (Gadgetology and Subgenius for example) and small factions of more mainstream religions, like sedevacantist and conclavist Catholics.

You can also expect expansion and organization for trade goods, so you can proudly proclaim your world’s largest supplier of ytterbium and where lamprey aquaculture reigns supreme.

That’s all there really is to say at the moment, hope you enjoy what we come out with, and thanks for keeping up with this project the last 3 years.

Why would there be "colour it whatever works" for thicc? this is the colour scheme that has such goofs as "secret texas" and "finland", you can fit actual, historical states or rebellions, too.

This is honestly absolutely crazy man. I love it.
Although I have one criticism; the ‘International’ section is so blurry I can’t see the writing.

Oh shit, so which Peninsulares color gets the new Pokémon region that covers all of Spain and Portugal? Assuming it's "Vadal", and the evil team are Conquistadores, who gets it?

Hi @Crazy Boris
Hope you don't mind some comments.
I have just been trying to use the Silesian colour scheme. Accepting the difficulties in any palette of finding the place you want this one is even more difficult as only Polish place-names are used. I have been desperately trying to translate and then find it on the list [hmmm... this says brz#### but its not this brz### or is it a variation?].

Anyway, I wanted to ask if this one can have the German names for each as well as the modern Polish ones.

Also, could not find Bar [or Rethel] in either French or German lists, had to use generic Lorraine/Burgundian Circle which is unfortunate as I'm also showing Lorraine.

That aside, I am loving this massive body of work, you must have loooooooooooooooooooooong nights doing this.

Hi @Crazy Boris
Hope you don't mind some comments.
I have just been trying to use the Silesian colour scheme. Accepting the difficulties in any palette of finding the place you want this one is even more difficult as only Polish place-names are used. I have been desperately trying to translate and then find it on the list [hmmm... this says brz#### but its not this brz### or is it a variation?].

Anyway, I wanted to ask if this one can have the German names for each as well as the modern Polish ones.

Also, could not find Bar [or Rethel] in either French or German lists, had to use generic Lorraine/Burgundian Circle which is unfortunate as I'm also showing Lorraine.

That aside, I am loving this massive body of work, you must have loooooooooooooooooooooong nights doing this.
Thank you for these suggestions,
We copied the Duchies from another colour scheme, so apologies there.

Thank you for the thoughts for Bar and Rethel, I thought Rethel was in, but I'll be sure to check and give some check overs for another update.