THICC: The Highly-Inclusive Color Code

Some incomplete additional colors for Switzerland and Swiss minors

A color for a communist Switzerland
A color for an authoritarian Switzerland

The Bisophric of St. Gallen – also theocratic Switzerland, also secondary St. Gallen (Yes – there was a territorial state of the Bishopric in direct opposition to the city of St. Gallen itself)
Grauer Bund – Secondary Graubünden
Zentgerichtsbund – Tertiary Graubünden
Gotteshausbund – Fourth Graubünden
Haldenstein (was a minor barony/ village as a protectorate of Graubünden)
Rhäzüns – Fifth Graubünden / Habsburg dominated Graubünden
Baden (Switzerland) – Secondary Aargau
Lower Valais – Secondary Vallais
Gersau
Monastery of Engelberg
Valangin – Secondary Neuchatel
Sargans
Secondary Basel
Tertiary Basel – Bishopric of Basel
Hypothetical Rhine Valley Canton / or Liechtenstein as a Swiss Canton
Schwarzenburg

Interesting. You guys also have the major Sumerian states listed?
We don't have all of them listed, but there are 11 colours you can use to represent Sumerian states in the scheme currently in 3.0.

If you want to list the ones that should be in (compare to 2.2 first, i'd advise), please do tell us :).

Thanks for the welcome questions and looking forward to more,
From ML8991

We don't have all of them listed, but there are 11 colours you can use to represent Sumerian states in the scheme currently in 3.0.

If you want to list the ones that should be in (compare to 2.2 first, i'd advise), please do tell us :).

Thanks for the welcome questions and looking forward to more,
From ML8991
Cool! I'm interested. I mainly use DCS for my maps, but when it's larger in scope I sometimes use THICC.

What are the current plans for the sci-fi and fantasy section? Because as far as I'm concerned it is the section that needs a rework the most.
I have some ideas but i firs wan't to know what's planned for it now.

Crazy Boris

Banned
What are the current plans for the sci-fi and fantasy section? Because as far as I'm concerned it is the section that needs a rework the most.
I have some ideas but i firs wan't to know what's planned for it now.

Nothing is set in stone just yet, but I have a basic idea for how I want the subsections to look. I figure we can split it up into a few rough basic sections (non-human hominids, aliens, supernatural beings, cryptids, etc.) followed by smaller subsections corresponding to specific fictional worlds (Avatar, Cthulhu, Fallout, MLP, Zelda, etc.)

Nothing is set in stone just yet, but I have a basic idea for how I want the subsections to look. I figure we can split it up into a few rough basic sections (non-human hominids, aliens, supernatural beings, cryptids, etc.) followed by smaller subsections corresponding to specific fictional worlds (Avatar, Cthulhu, Fallout, MLP, Zelda, etc.)
The firs idea is good. I would personally suggest following sub-sections:
- non-human hominids
- aliens
- fantasy races
- supernatural beings
- cryptids
- future humans and post-humans
- AI
- sentient animals and beastfolk (the colors can duble for both fantasy animal races and for uplifted animals in SF settings)
- mythical lands and lost continents

However I don't think that putting in colors based on specific works of fictions is a particularly good idea. Why put in specific colors for Vulcans and Klingons for example when you can just put a couple of colors for Human Aliens (i.e. aliens that are barely distinguishable form humans) in the Aliens sub-section
Same goes for the Galactic Republic and Galactic Empire. They would be served well enough if you put in the future humans and post-humans section a couple colors for human interstellar states based on their ideology (Republic would use color for (Primary) Democratic Interstellar State while Empire would use one for Totalitarian Interstellar State, etc.)

Crazy Boris

Banned
The firs idea is good. I would personally suggest following sub-sections:
- non-human hominids
- aliens
- fantasy races
- supernatural beings
- cryptids
- future humans and post-humans
- AI
- sentient animals and beastfolk (the colors can duble for both fantasy animal races and for uplifted animals in SF settings)
- mythical lands and lost continents

However I don't think that putting in colors based on specific works of fictions is a particularly good idea. Why put in specific colors for Vulcans and Klingons for example when you can just put a couple of colors for Human Aliens (i.e. aliens that are barely distinguishable form humans) in the Aliens sub-section
Same goes for the Galactic Republic and Galactic Empire. They would be served well enough if you put in the future humans and post-humans section a couple colors for human interstellar states based on their ideology (Republic would use color for (Primary) Democratic Interstellar State while Empire would use one for Totalitarian Interstellar State, etc.)

Allow me to explain my reasoning for separate subsections for certain worlds

First is convenience, if someone is making a map based on Middle Earth, it would be nice and convenient to have all the Tolkien-related entries in one area rather than scan the individual subsections looking for Hobbits.

Second is that I want specific entries more than generic entries. Stuff like “humanoid aliens” is fine for an alt entry on a color, but having that as the sole thing there doesn’t give me much to work with when choosing a color and having a specific name on there too gives an example which can be helpful.

Thirdly, if what you’re concerned about is an abundance of super-small subsections, not to worry, because having separate subsections would be reserved only for worlds big enough to necessitate it. For example, the world of Fallout has tons of states and factions to work with, But Day of the Triffids only really has the one thing, Triffids. So Fallout could get its own subsection with dozens of entries, but Triffids could be placed under one of the generic subsections (I’m not sure which though since the book and the movie have different origins for them but you know what I mean)

Triffids could be placed under one of the generic subsections (I’m not sure which though since the book and the movie have different origins for them but you know what I mean)
I would say that you could place them among plantoid aliens since, even if the novel came first, the movie version is more well known and iconic.

Hey guys, I’m new here to this thread, and I was wondering, and I don’t want to be the guy to ask this, but any words on how much longer until 3.0?

It’s nearly been 25 days since that was last asked, and nearly 20 since the last post even. So has progressed stalled or are you guys chugging along?

Sorry, if these questions sound redundant, but I absolutely LOVE the work you guys put into these schemes, and I absolutely love the QBAMs in particular that Boris does, I even started modeling my own maps after them (Currently I am working on a Feburary 12th, 1912 one, which was when Emperor Puyi stepped down from the throne of Qing Dynasty China)

Best of luck to you guys as you push out this update, I just know it will be terrific as always! 😉

Crazy Boris

Banned
It's still some time until It's totally done
However
it's been decided that 3.0 will be released early as soon as the new syntax key is done, and the remaining sections (rebels, space, sci-fi/fantasy) will be added as finished

So it will be released very soon

It's still some time until It's totally done
However
it's been decided that 3.0 will be released early as soon as the new syntax key is done, and the remaining sections (rebels, space, sci-fi/fantasy) will be added as finished

So it will be released very soon
Syntax key??

Crazy Boris

Banned
Didn’t think you would have to revise those? Any word on what’s changed?
its mostly minor changes to make things easier to differentiate and for aesthetic changes, like the shade difference between international and first level borders will be bigger, that sort of thing