THICC: The Highly-Inclusive Color Code

Ok guys, I am in a rut for Extra THICC expansions

Don't worry, it isn't too big, the sections themselves are nearly all decided (may still add another one or two), but one of the new sections is proving difficult, and I hope you guys can help.

One of the new sections is Surface Rock Type, and I am struggling to know what to put in the section. THICC has permission to adapt in UNS (Thanks a million and one times to @tungsterismapping , truly been a right hand in my expansion help for Boris)
and in UNS Tungster added in the list on wikipedia. Is this what you guys would want, or do you know of other resources, or otherwise have any other suggestions to how this section should be done.

Also, if you guys have any suggestions for new sections for Extra, please also say (if a bit obscure, please show some examples, so can get an idea of what you mean).
To give an insight to a suggestion: it should be global/extrasolar (so able to cover space if that is what the section relates to), and able to have variety to it (and don't make it too niche)

All the best, and hope you may help,
From ML8991, Boris's Little Helper/Expander

Screenshot 2020-10-17 123516.png

Crazy Boris

Banned
THICC 3.0 Sections overhaul poll

So, plans for 3.0 are being put in place and we have a lot of stuff on the table

top priority for me right now is overhauling the sections, a few ideas are already greenlit to go in the next version
  • Ruthenia (Belarus and Ukraine + Crimea) will be seperated from "Greater Russia", which will be renamed to just "Russia"
  • Gran Colombia and Guiana will be merged into a new section called Paria
  • Southeast Europe will be divided into Greece and Balkans
  • Switzerland, Liechtenstein, and Austria will be split from Germany into a new Alps section
  • Hungarian and Romanian entries will be moved into a new Hungary and Romania section
  • and Northeast Europe will be renamed "Zapadoslavia"
In addition to these, there are some ideas that are still in consideration
  • Seperating Burma (including Karen, Wa, and Shan entries) into a new section
  • Splitting Polynesia and Canada East/West
  • Splitting China into North/South
  • Splitting Nusantara into East (Sunda) and West (Sahul and Wallacea) using the Wallace Line
  • Moving New Guinean entries to Sahul-Wallacea, or alternativley, moving West Papua to Melanesia

I've put together a google form so everyone here can give their thoughts on these ideas, I'll tally the results in two weeks (on Halloween, because nothing is spookier than reviewing the responses to a poll) and the sections will be decided.

Last edited:
I had some time to play around with this awesome colour palette and I have come with new ideas:
  • Faction-Backed states / Protectorates (In their literal meaning): Marked by thin diagonal lines in the colour of the Faction/Country backing it.
  • Faction Occupation: Marked by a border around the occupation and diagonal lines in them in the colour of the faction.
  • International Territory: A pattern of the colour of international territory and the colour of the faction/country backing it.
  • Sphere of influence: Marked by a continuous border of the area influenced, with the colour of the influencer.
  • Claim on a whole country: a dotted border around the inside of the political border of the country claimed, of the colour of the country.

I have come for more; now I will provide examples for these suggestions.
  • Faction-Backed states / Protectorates - A bit like Denmark during WWII.
  • Faction Occupation - for example, Entente forces in the Russian civil war.
  • International Territory - The proposed International Territory of the Dardanelles was going to be backed by the League of Nations.
  • Sphere of influence - Like come on this exists everywhere.
  • Claim on a whole country - this could be like mainland China claiming Taiwan.
And I have four new suggestions:
  • Colonial Claim: unlike claims on other countries' territories this claim is on uncolonized land. marked with a solid line of the second-darkest colour of the country claiming. This happened in colonial Brazil.
  • Tribal Border/Undefined Border: Brown solid border. Literally all of Africa pre-Berlin Conference.
  • Reclaimed Land/Declaimed Land: Land Reclaimed by Dutch magic has a light brown-yellow colour and Declaimed Land by events such as global warming have a light blue with a reddish tint.
  • Company Owned Land/Undirect Ownership: Like the Hudson's Bay Company, this land isn't directly owned by the country. they are represented by a yellowish border around the territory.

THICC 3.0 Sections overhaul poll

So, plans for 3.0 are being put in place and we have a lot of stuff on the table

top priority for me right now is overhauling the sections, a few ideas are already greenlit to go in the next version
  • Ruthenia (Belarus and Ukraine + Crimea) will be seperated from "Greater Russia", which will be renamed to just "Russia"
  • Gran Colombia and Guiana will be merged into a new section called Paria
  • Southeast Europe will be divided into Greece and Balkans
  • Switzerland, Liechtenstein, and Austria will be split from Germany into a new Alps section
  • Hungarian and Romanian entries will be moved into a new Hungary and Romania section
  • and Northeast Europe will be renamed "Zapadoslavia"
In addition to these, there are some ideas that are still in consideration
  • Seperating Burma (including Karen, Wa, and Shan entries) into a new section
  • Splitting Polynesia and Canada East/West
  • Splitting China into North/South
  • Splitting Nusantara into East (Sunda) and West (Sahul and Wallacea) using the Wallace Line
  • Moving New Guinean entries to Sahul-Wallacea, or alternativley, moving West Papua to Melanesia

I've put together a google form so everyone here can give their thoughts on these ideas, I'll tally the results in two weeks (on Halloween, because nothing is spookier than reviewing the responses to a poll) and the sections will be decided.

Can I suggest that you look at the possibility of grouping by Time-Period as well as area.
I envisage each section broken down into standard defined time periods. It will generally be states of the same period together so the colour palettes can be crucial.

Can I suggest that you look at the possibility of grouping by Time-Period as well as area.
I envisage each section broken down into standard defined time periods. It will generally be states of the same period together so the colour palettes can be crucial.
that would be painful to make but why not

Much as could be a good idea in practice, a lot of the entities cover a large span of time, and thus aren't rooted chronologically. And Bonkey says, this would definitely prove painful.

I am not denying that it would be a helpful approach, but I fear that, unless Boris suggests otherwise, one that would prove unfeasible.

I am sorry to disappoint, and I hope it doesn't change your perspective on the scheme.

Best regards, Ml8991, Boris's Little Helper and 3.0 note taker.

A possible addition to the scheme could be Strasserist Germany, as it cannot really be put into "communist" or "fascist" labels. Other ideas are Duginist Russia/Eurasia, Nazbol Russia, Mladorossi Russia and Falangist Spain (since they all dont follow the traditional left-right classification)

I have le suggestions:
  • Move everything from "Cities" to "Other Wastelands" to Thicc Extra
  • Add to that Military Divisions and movements
  • Add "Loose Federation" - Marked by a dotted border around the nations in it. An example would be the HRE.

Crazy Boris

Banned
THICC SECTIONS POLL RESULTS

Happy Halloween, everyone!
So, it's been 2 weeks since the poll went up, so now it's time to count up the responses and see what the results are

Burma
Split into new section: 16 votes
Keep in Indochina: 2 votes

Polynesia
Keep as one section: 13
Split East-West: 6

Canada
Split East-West: 10
Keep as one section: 9

China
Split North-South: 18
Keep as one section: 1

Nusantara
Split Sunda and Sahul-Wallacea: 11
Keep as one section: 6

New Guinea
Seperate section: 10
Move to Melanesia: 2
Move to Sahul-Wallacea: 1

Given how incredibly close Canada was, I'm curious to hear some of the reasons why people chose the answers they did

I'm guessing all Coronaviruses get the SARS color? And if a map needs both Autobots and Decepticons, which Fantasy/Alien colors do I use? Also, Hololive/Vtubers needs a color under either trade goods or religion lmao...

Crazy Boris

Banned
I'm guessing all Coronaviruses get the SARS color? And if a map needs both Autobots and Decepticons, which Fantasy/Alien colors do I use? Also, Hololive/Vtubers needs a color under either trade goods or religion lmao...

COVID itself will get a seperate color in the next update, but using SARS is fine. As for Autobots and Decepticons, there are a couple robot colors in there, so pick whatever you like.