THICC: The Highly-Inclusive Color Code

Crazy Boris

Banned
So, I'm making a color scheme. And it's a big one (hence the name).

I've toyed around with the idea of making a color scheme for a couple years now, but never really got around to making something until December, when, out of boredom, I just decided to go for it one day. Since then, I've been on and off making a list of entries, and today finished it with what I think is a good set. (That said though, I am open to suggestions for additions)

So, here it is, the 1600+ places that will be given a color in THICC, sorted by continents and regions. I'll start work on the actual colors and a chart later today or tomorrow.

unknown.png

And I already have a suggestion, @Crazy Boris : Include a Secondary Luxembourg colour if it's gonna be THICC anyway...

EDIT: And include "technocratic" colours for at least the US, Britain, France and Germany. At least as double-up colours.

Crazy Boris

Banned
And I already have a suggestion, @Crazy Boris : Include a Secondary Luxembourg colour if it's gonna be THICC anyway...

EDIT: And include "technocratic" colours for at least the US, Britain, France and Germany. At least as double-up colours.

Done. Added Secondary Luxembourg as a new entry, and technocratic countries as alts for Northern California (USA), Rheged (Britain), Poitou (France), Oldenburg (Germany), Pskov (Russia), Ladakh (India), Jin (China), and Mori (Japan)

Cool, @Crazy Boris . I would add a colour for "left-wing America" (e.g. if it is social democratic/European-style democratic), and separate the CSA colour from Virginia. The CSA colour is good, and I would give Virginia a new colour.

Otherwise, THICC is off to a good start!

Well, this was almost expected XD.

Agreed with Atlacamani good start man, and a comprehensive looking scheme to be sure.
Though, must admit, the font (I recall it is your typical so understand if keep it the same) may prove difficult to read at points.

Just wondering will there be any colours beyond nations, such as religions, economic styles, and other similar affairs? Also, perhaps add a primary and secondary other native state for both Canada and USA?
Also, final thing, promise, could South America be expanded? It looks rather small relative to the other continents.

Best of luck, and onwards to the next posting,
from ML8991

One thing I'd like to see in these is more options for supra-national organizations and EU-like structures. What color should a Federalized NATO be? Or MERCOSUR? What about a UN governed from New York vs. a UN governed from Geneva? Or an East Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere? So many options!

EDIT: And don't forget Fantasy/Sci-Fi stuff! The Republic of Mars' troops have landed in Eurasian Union territory! How do we color that?

Crazy Boris

Banned
unknown.png

North American entries finished.

So, here's what's different:
-Plymouth Added as a Vermont alt
-Muskogee moved to the same spot as Louisiana
-Virginia/Powhatan given a separate color
-Secondary Aboriginal Canada added as a Metis alt
-Aboriginal America plus Secondary and Tertiary added as alts for Nevada, SoCal, and Oregon

There will be sections for religions, economic systems, ideologies, international organizations, etc. as well as space, sci-fi, and fantasy stuff at the end.

Addressing South America being a small section: I can't really think of much more to add there, but I'm more than open for suggestions if anyone's got any.

Wow, very vibrant :),

DCS has a lot of colours for south america, so perhaps have a look there for inspiration?
Best of luck
ML8991

I gotta say that while I might not truly be able to appreciate how hard is to make a colour scheme, I adore your headers!

Another suggestion here: I would separate "Cuba" and "Communist/Far-Left Caribbean". Or leave the colour intact, but separate non-Communist Cuba, maybe doubling for English Cuba.

Addressing South America being a small section: I can't really think of much more to add there, but I'm more than open for suggestions if anyone's got any

I would love all Brazilian and all Argentinian states. And a colour for a Polish and an Ottoman colony/successor in South America - I would immediately use that.

A suggestion would be a colour for a Mennonite state, doubling as a secondary or tertiary and as a German Paraguay.

On the far-left side, there should be separate colours for all the several guerilla movements in Colombia and Peru - the same applies to the right-wing paramilitary forces (AUC etc.).

@Crazy Boris

For North America, I would like colours for a Chinese and a Japanese America (California mainly). This could double for "Pacific States of America" types of scenario.

And in Central America, I would definitely add several things:

- Secondary/Tertiary Maya EDIT: This point is moot after reading the Mexico section.
- Ixil people (or other native state)?
- Poyais/Scam-based state (with a secondary scam-based entry possible in Nigeria)
- German, Dutch, English, Portuguese, and Polish Central America
- Muslim Central America
- Sinic and Japanese Central America

For South America, if this scheme is gonna live up to its name, we need some more colours, too:

- Sinic (Chinese) South America/Zheng He colony in the Americas
- Japanese South America
- Polynesian South America
- possibly Maori South America?
- colours for the four provinces of Tawantinsuyu: Chinchaysuyu, Antisuyu, Qullasuyu, Kuntisuyu.

Crazy Boris

Banned
By the way, in case anyone's curious, here's the header images (every time I finish a continent I'll post what the new ones are)

Canada: Canadian Parliament Building
USA East: The White House's North Facade
USA West: The Alamo
Mexico:El Castillo, Chichen Itza
Central America: The Crystal Maiden in Actun Tunichil Muknal cave, Belize
Caribbean: Sans-Souci Palace, Haiti
Gran Colombia: Salto del Tequendama waterfall, as viewed from the Hotel del Salto, Colombia
Guianas: Suriname's Presidential Palace
Brazil: A view of Rio de Janeiro
Peru and Bolivia: Vicunas crossing the Salar de Uyuni Salt Flats in Bolivia
Southern Cone: Skyline of Buenos Aires

Regarding the Peru-Bolivia section, you should definitely add:

- Revolutionary Movement "Tupac Amaru" (MRTA)
- Red Inca/Inca Roja
- Right-wing/Nationalist modern Quechua state
- Aymara
- Santa Cruz (that's a separatist movement in Eastern Bolivia)