THICC: The Highly-Inclusive Color Code

Ooof, ignoring me @SaveAtlacamani

-Neutral Moresnet/Esperanto is already in, bottom of Benelux
-Technocratic Italy- we do have Technocracy now, and Italy, but not a unique colour, so eh, can be covered
-More Rome colours- A fair idea, but do recall though that there wasn't overlap for any of the current ones on the scheme

@black_0
I'll admit blame here, as I just said to Boris that he should expand silesia without giving much by way of resources, so thanks for giving more depth, so you know, we were trying to represent the splintering of the duchy in the 11-1300s

Now I'm in the middle of the "Russia" section and I've noticed the following potentially missing:

NEXT *CLAP* LIST *CLAP*

Murmansk
St Petersburg
Veps
Volgograd
Komi
Bhuddist Russia
Turkic Russia
Amur
Jaxa
Chukchi Peninsula
Unified Balkans
Germanic Balkans
Metohija
Secondary Islamic Balkans
Communist West Balkans
Islamic Macedonia
Latin Balkans
Bukovina
Slavic Romania
Dobruja
Pridnestrovie
Pannonian Avars
Gagauzia
Monarchist Greece
Greek Albania
Corfu
British Greece
Turkic Greece
Slavic Greece
Greek Cyprus
Galatia
Edessa
Doria
Istanbul/Constantinople
Sevastopol
Crimean Tartars
Kartvelia
Mingrelia
Scythia
Colchis

(Currently in the middle of the Caucasus section)

Replies to @Christory , mk2

Thanks. The above probably has a few mistakes too since I was multitasking and there was a lot to look at.

Ok @Christory

Murmansk- It is there, with Kola Peninsula/Eastern Sami/Bjarmaland

St Petersburg- Ingria/Slavic Scandinavia can serve

Veps- in Baltics with Tartu

Volgograd- Not outright in, but there is Volga based State with Idel-Uralal/Volga Germans

Komi is with Qasim Khanate/Golden Horde/Mongol Russia

Buddhist Russia- Don't have, but could use Kalmykia/Kalmyk Khanate colour (they practised Tibetan Buddhism

Turkic Russia- perhaps post back in the next change an example (beyond TOAST3R) it could be tied with ;)

Amur- With Green Ukraine/Tatar Confederation/Primorye

Jaxa- Don't have, and can have a Polish China as an alt

Chukchi Peninsula- Not in, but there is Beringia/Diomede Islands as well as 4 other Samoyeds colours

United Balkans- There are two you could choose from- Illyria or Yugoslavia

Germanic Bulakans- With Slovenia/Wends/Carniola

Secondary Islamic Balkans- Why/When would there be two? Though you could use Islamic Balkans (with Bosnia) and Sandzak/Turkic Balkans, if you needed it

Communist West Balkans- Why the need to split? And even if a needed split, we have political colours also to show this.

Islamic Macedonia- We don't have, but given Albania's history, could use Albania Macedonia/Illrida

Latin Balkans-To be served with Illyrian Provinces (the extension of France Napoleon made in the region, from Venice's Adriatic lands)

Bukovina- With Transnistria/Soviet Remnant

Slavic Romania-We don't have outright, but there are 4 other Romanian colours, perhaps Oltenia/Other Romanian State- It got merged into A-H, so could serve

Dobruja- Own colour below Bulgaria- would suggest to Boris now to add Principality of Karvuna as alt

Pridnestrovie- See Transnistria (Pridnestrovie/Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic is just the more official name)

Pannonian Avars- See Pannonia, with Hungary/Huns/Magyars

Gagauzia-With another Turkic Balkans (don't worry, I am planning to do a grammar/ cohesion runthrough once all add-ins are done

Monarchist Greece- Did ask on this, Boris said (this is when I was doing what you are doing
"yeah decided to keep Greece as a single thing"

Greek Albania- Lacking, but there are 3 colours for Albania, or you could use Epirus

Corfu- Missing, good catch

British Greece- Not explicit, but is with U.S. of the Ionian Islands, with Cephalonia and Zakynthos/Other I. Is.

Turkic Greece- With Eastern Thrace

Slavic Greece- Not here, but can you think of a state for it to go with?

Greek Cyprus- We do have South Cyprus, which is the Greek half currently

Galatia- With Jandarids, below Cappadocia's alts

Edessa- In the Levant- with Ebla/Druze State

Doria- In South Eastern Europe with Dorian Hexapolis (Doria is just the same tribe in Anatolia

Istanbul/Constantinople- See Latin Empire/Frankokratia State/International States Zone

Sevastopol- Don't have, but there are a fair few colours for Ukraine, or could use Bosporan Kingdom/Tmutarakan

Crimean Tartars- Don't have, and probably should

Kartvelia-Just another name of Georgia

Mingrelia- Although we don't have this atm, we'll be adding something to cover this, but don't be looking in the countries section ;).

Scythia- though not overlooked, I think we had some confusions over who is whom in the history ;) (@Crazy Boris I'd suggest feeding back on at least this one to explore what you did ;) )

Colchis- In South Caucasus, with Lazica/Kakheti-Hereti/Kakheti/Far Right Georgia

Would you want to join the discord for the scheme and other such things, will save us having these to and fro situations ;)

Crazy Boris

Banned
Alright, so Chuchki Peninsula, I've got Chukotka, that should cover it

Scythia is a Kazakhstan alt

Mingrelia, Karvuna, and Corfu will be added

As for all of these countries, I recommend an exclusive list for each that have to do with what kind of federal/national government is in power and not quite regionally-locked. While it is okay for me to leave specific location-based states (such as a San Francisco-based state that rules all of the USA), it might be better that the general classifications (such as Fascist USA) are left out of region-locks. Take Drex's color scheme for example:

https://www.deviantart.com/dinospain/art/Drex-s-Colour-Scheme-V-1-37-766061410

I already did advise this, least I think I did, if not, just another thing to add to the grammar rundown

Crazy Boris

Banned
1900 redo.png

1900 Q-BAM using THICC

Some new ideas for improving the technology scheme if you so choose to use or just some parts or none, including the addition of the Kardashev Scale.
  • Pre-Tool Age
  • Tool Age (chimpanzees etc.)
  • Stone Age
  • Bronze Age
  • Iron Age
  • Steel Age
  • Industrial Age
  • Atomic Age
  • Space Age
  • Information Age
  • Kardashev Type I-minus (manipulating larger objects)
  • Kardashev Type II-minus (manipulating genes)
  • Kardashev Type III-minus (manipulating molecules)
  • Kardashev Type IV-minus (manipulating atoms)
  • Kardashev Type V-minus (manipulating atomic nuclei)
  • Kardashev Type VI-minus (manipulating subatomic particles)
  • Kardashev Type I (harnessed the power of a planet)
  • Kardashev Type II (harnessed the power of a collection planets)
  • Kardashev Type III (harnessed the power of a galaxy)
  • Kardashev Type IV (harnessed the power of the universe)
  • Kardashev Type V (harness the power of a collection of universes)
  • Kardashev Type Ω-minus (manipulating space-time)
  • Kardashev Type 0 (beyond the Kardashev scale)
  • Stonepunk
  • Clockpunk
  • Steampunk
  • Dieselpunk
  • Atomicpunk
  • Cyberpunk
  • Otherpunk
  • Mythpunk

@Trackah
Thanks for these, we do have a fair few (see below), but thanks for the expansion to the tech levels

What we already have:
=In tech levels (at bottom of second cultures column)- Pre Stone age,Stone age,Bronze Age, Iron Age,Steel Age,Industrial Age, Atomic Age (as Nuclear Age),Information Age (as computer age), Space Age (we took this to be the stellar exploration, colonisation and habitation, not the creation of spacecraft in itself
=In Space: Type II and Type III Kardashev civilisations

but yeh, will copy over that which you posted which we don't have, thanks :).

Some new ideas for improving the technology scheme if you so choose to use or just some parts or none, including the addition of the Kardashev Scale.

If you're going to include Kardashev scales, at least use the terminology correctly. That scale has nothing at all to do with the physical size of objects they can manipulate, so scrap the minus-levels. Defining the levels by the size of object manipulated is actually how GURPS 4th edition tech levels work, so you might want to adapt that. However, the actual Kardashev scale, since it is based on a logarithmic scale of how much energy is harnessed, won't typically be useful for any maps. The difference between type-1 and type-2 is similar to the difference between modern Earth's if it was a unified global civilisation, and Attila's Huns. Also, "Kardashev Type 0" has a specific meaning already in the real-world definition of the system - its a civilisation that uses 1 MW of power.

If you're going to include Kardashev scales, at least use the terminology correctly. That scale has nothing at all to do with the physical size of objects they can manipulate, so scrap the minus-levels. Defining the levels by the size of object manipulated is actually how GURPS 4th edition tech levels work, so you might want to adapt that. However, the actual Kardashev scale, since it is based on a logarithmic scale of how much energy is harnessed, won't typically be useful for any maps. The difference between type-1 and type-2 is similar to the difference between modern Earth's if it was a unified global civilisation, and Attila's Huns. Also, "Kardashev Type 0" has a specific meaning already in the real-world definition of the system - its a civilisation that uses 1 MW of power.
I attempted to simplify the definitions since most people simply don't have a concept about how much energy is used in each level, if you know of a better way to explain it be my guest I couldn't think of anything else. As far as the minus-levels they are an unofficial expansion proposed by John Barrow (I believe).

Well, the "Kardashev type 0" in the post upthread was the only objectionable item in absolute terms, as it assigns a new definition ("beyond") to something that actually already has a definition in that scale (a civ that uses 1 MW of power). However, Kardashev-anything is going to be less than useful for most mapping purposes, as each step is ten orders of magnitude greater (that is to say, x10000000000 bigger) than the last. There really isn't any map scale that could meaningfully draw multiple civilisations from different Kardashev levels.

You could, but it would be pretty awkward a representation.

On a more serious note though, it is just a generally useful division to more modern societies, so allowing for those who are working in that scope.

Furthermore, it makes an absolute to the relatively flexible age brackets that we have currently tbf ash

Well, the "Kardashev type 0" in the post upthread was the only objectionable item in absolute terms, as it assigns a new definition ("beyond") to something that actually already has a definition in that scale (a civ that uses 1 MW of power). However, Kardashev-anything is going to be less than useful for most mapping purposes, as each step is ten orders of magnitude greater (that is to say, x10000000000 bigger) than the last. There really isn't any map scale that could meaningfully draw multiple civilisations from different Kardashev levels.
I agree, but I also couldn't think of anything else for "future" ages, which is why I also included the minus-levels so there would be more "map-ability", though since my last post I have been thinking of new description and accidentally came up with names for them. The which would make the list:
  • Pre-Tool Age
  • Tool Age (chimpanzees etc.)
  • Stone Age
  • Bronze Age
  • Iron Age
  • Steel Age
  • Industrial Age
  • Atomic Age
  • Space Age
  • Information Age
  • Interplanetary Age
  • Interstellar Age (a better name for Hyperspace Age)
  • Intergalactic Age
  • Inter-universal Age
  • Inter-temporal Age
  • Post Apocalyptic-punk
  • Stonepunk
  • Clockpunk
  • Steampunk
  • Dieselpunk
  • Atomicpunk
  • Cyberpunk
  • Otherpunk
  • Mythpunk
With the other future Ages I wouldn't include the Kardashev Scale as it would be a little redundant even though they don't use the same measure, so it would be one or the other.

Also idea for discussion: Power Level
(insert obligatory over 9,000 joke here)
  • Hyper-power
  • Superpower/World power
  • Great power
  • Regional power/Middle power
  • Minor power/small power
  • Non-power
  • Under-power (under control of another state)
  • Emerging power/Potential power