THICC: The Highly-Inclusive Color Code

Crazy Boris

Banned
unknown.png

Took a break from working on THICC the last few days to put it to the test by making this 1950 QBAM
I think this has turned out very well, I'm happy with my color choices and how it all looks.

regular updates on THICC will resume soon ^^

unknown.png

Took a break from working on THICC the last few days to put it to the test by making this 1950 QBAM
I think this has turned out very well, I'm happy with my color choices and how it all looks.

regular updates on THICC will resume soon ^^
I really like how it looks. I’m also putting it to the test but I don’t know if there’s a good place to post the scenario I’m using it for. Also, just a reminder... I suggested stuff.

Current list:

Roman(ic) Britain / Romance-laguage speaking Britain
Anglo-American Union / Oceania / Holy Britannian Empire
Great Lakes state
Theocratic America
Unified Eastern Bloc
Goths/Latinized Germans
Unified Europe
Unified South America
Alpine State
Chou China
Corportatism
Technocracy
Unified Timor
Eastasia / Chinese Federation / Other pan-Asian state
East India Company
Turkish government-in-exile

THICC 1.3 Update! Asia up to Mongolia/Siberia has been overhauled, as well as a number of additions throughout.

https://www.deviantart.com/crazy-boris/art/THICC-version-1-3-784503321

So far I can see the additions of:

- Roman Britain
- Anglo-American Union
- Great Lakes State
- Asian Union
- Unified Timor
- East India Company
- Turkish government-in-exile

(If there's anything I missed that I suggested let me know)

So that's a lot of my suggestions done, and I'm happy with it. Now, my earlier idea should probably be looked at again:

So, the latest three sections are each way too long. I suggest partitioning them as follows:

Space = Solar System / Extrasolar

Scifi&Fantasy = Scifi / Fantasy

Religion = Abrahamic Religions / Other Religions

It's not compulsory but it'll help during my cru- I mean, analysis of the TOAST3R color code.

(Nice addition of Karafuto/Sakhalin btw, I didn't think of that)

Hey guys, ML the big adder (basically doing what Chistory is doing, but on a mega scale, so looking at the big 3, and then compiling differences/missing states for Boris to look at ;) )

Just to check @Christory before I launch into a help bubble, are your "so far I can see the additions of" things from your list that you have seen added, or things that you want added to the scheme?

and @angakkuq I will prob (as i think DCS puts it) suggest the Portugal in Exile to go on the Azores.

Best wishes all

Thanks for the reply @Christory

Now to help mode :p

-Theocratic America: There is an American Theocracy colour, it is on Secondary New Mexico, however, if that doesn't state you there is also: Puritans (Massachusetts), Jewish North America (NYC), Islamic USA (Michigan) and Mormon State (Utah)

-United Eastern Block: Can use the Commonwealth of Independent States for this (it was the historical successor of USSR, and yes I know it doesn't cover the reach of Eastern Bloc, but it close), could also use Warsaw Pact (both of these are in international organisations)

-Goths: They are covered, with Brunswick/Wolfenbuttel (though there isn't a Latinised Germans colour)

-Unified Europe: Could be covered by EU, but perhaps better served with Council of Europe (it covers all european countries currently, besides Belarus, poor Belarus), also could use the independent national colonal successor organisations, if they come to lead the institution (though that does make me think we need an Italian Colonial Successor organisation ;), all of these are in international organisations )

-Unified South America- there is MERCOSER/Unified South America as an option (in international organisations)

-Alpine State- May be served by Transpadane Republic (with Milan), but fair, could suggest for it to be an alt of a Swiss minor

-Chou China- From what I've seen Chou is just the romanticised form of Zhou, and Zhou can be found, along with the alts of Fengtian Clique/Wu Zetian/Later Yan/Shaanxi (it towards the top of the China Section, a burgundy-dark pink sort of colour)

-Corporatism/Technocracy- in both cases I've not yet got to the colour schemes political section (up to the last but one country column, so nearly there ;) )

-East Asia/ Chinese Federation/ Other Pan Asian State- I take it you want something beyond the Co-Prosperity Sphere? For now could be covered by ASEAN, but yeh, maybe would be good to have a secondary option, given the expansionist culture of both China and Japan.

with the splitting option for the larger sections towards the end, could work, but that is Boris's choice :). And glad my spot of Sakhalin/Karafuto appeased you, think I got that one from DCS ;).
Hope that this helps :)

and glad you liking Boris's scheme,
from ML8991

I would like to see a "Social Democrat USA" or "non-radical left USA", mostly for a case where the USA is a multiparty democracy and/or has turned to the European model of left-wing social market economy.

EDIT: And I think we should have Far-Left Austria and Far-Left Switzerland, too.

Also, @Christory Alpine State and Asian Union should be there, as alts for one of the Austria colors

-Theocratic America: There is an American Theocracy colour, it is on Secondary New Mexico

-Goths: They are covered, with Brunswick/Wolfenbuttel (though there isn't a Latinised Germans colour)

-Chou China- From what I've seen Chou is just the romanticised form of Zhou, and Zhou can be found, along with the alts of Fengtian Clique/Wu Zetian/Later Yan/Shaanxi (it towards the top of the China Section, a burgundy-dark pink sort of colour)

Found'em

Small suggestion: In a side-project that I'm using THICC for, it would help to have a specific color for Sunni-led and Shia-led Iraq. Also for an Alawite state in Syria.

Also, I don't really see how supernovae, dark matter, stellar remnants etc make sense for a color scheme.

Last edited:
Remaining color schemes to look through: TOAST3R. It's the (second) largest scheme so it'll take a while to go through.

So, I'm finally beginning this one. So far, things in there that aren't here include:

- Slavic Scandinavia
- Sark Island
- Celtic Union
- Rhine Delta-based civilisation
- Brussels
- French Netherlands
- German Benelux
- British France
- Savoy/French Alps
- Italian France
- Anarchist Spain
- Germanic Spain
- British Iberia
- Theocratic Germany

So far I've reached the middle of the "North Germany" section.

If I'm allowed to do a suggestion, the scheme would look better if it extended further up-down and not so much left-right, as 10K pixels across is roughly the limit (my) paint can handle without doing some weird shit at opening and deleting the file.

As said @Christory that is what I am doing already, though you technically are being the third read through :p.

On biggest colour schemes, I'd degree with you, DCS (by Drex here) is bigger, especially in Europe (he lags a tad on Canada/USA, but that is because XO has taken some ideas from Drex and then added more in top),

EDIT:
from your TOAST3R look, what we already have in THICC/My thoughts on the suggestions made

-Slavic Scandinavia- Have suggested this to Boris, as have also seen this being quite common, from memory it usually goes with both Estonia and Ingria, so yeh, thanks for reaffirming the desire for this. For when you read this back Boris, would suggest on Ingria, it looks pretty alone atm, vs. Estonia's 2 alts :p.

-Sark- I mean, we could add it, but it is under Guernsey, so that would be one hell of a balkanisation program of the British Isles if you split up the Bailiwicks :p, but it is a valid missed potential.

-Celtic Union- It is already a colour, with Glywysing/Morgannwg. It is the penultimate colour in the welsh section, above Other Welsh State/Anglesey, and is a warm green/yellow colour.

-Rhine Delta-based civilisation- Could be put with Holland/Dutch Republic, given that is the old state where the rhine delta is

-Brussels- Fair point on being missed, but I would wonder (besides being another city state colour) what alts it could serve with?

-French Netherlands- Easy to add, just needs to be put as an alt of Waloonia.

-German Benelux- Could go with maybe Secondary Luxembourg, thoughts?

-British France- A colour I've been fighting for, both in this scheme, and in other matters. Yeh, agreed this needs to be unique, Anjou needs to be Angevin Empire (as Henry II and the Plantagenet line came from Anjou, and people of Anjou are Angevins) and English/British France can serve for the de jure personal union of the two states (the Dual Monarchy or Anglo-French Union to avoid Austria-Hungary confusions) that can be said to have existed for the closing stages of the HYW)

-Savoy/French Alps- Although not having French Alps, Savoy is in, it is with Piedmont/Supalpine Republic in the Italian Section.

-Italian France- Fair point, but any suggested state that currently exists that it could go with, I would think Provence, given the long term personal union between Naples and Provence, but you got other ideas?

-Anarchist Spain- There is now Radical Romances, Other Radical Spain, and the Communarios, if you feel that those could serve the purpose? If not, do you have an idea where they could go?

-Germanic Spain- Agreed, I'd personally suggest to tie it to one of the two visigoth colours, perhaps Secondary, to avoid crowding?

-British Iberia- Again, agreed, needs to be tagged as an alt with Gibraltar's colour

-German Theocracy- Reasonable, though could you not use one of the Theocratic states in the German section to provide the same purpose?

Last edited: