THICC: The Highly-Inclusive Color Code

Unorthodox use report: I've been making some BattleTech maps as a lark, and decided to see how the THICC colorset looked compared to the random set I'd been using previously. I think it came out looking pretty good:
thicc.jpg

Colors used (starting from the top clockwise): Far-Right Japan, Internationale, Anglo-French Alliance, Secondary California, Fascist China, Republican Russia, Bohemia-Moravia and Monarchist Germany. I was aiming to match each spacefuture state to the closest analogue on the chart, and I managed to find them all without colors being too close or clashing in weird ways.

So, good job!

Can't help thinking more countries should have monarchist/republican variants. In particular, I'd like variants for Hungary, Poland (outside the PLC/Intermarium), and Greece, but that's me.

@angakkuq a fair point, I have noted some from other schemes, but as a potential alternative, you can use Extra THICC to indicate different types of government as a secondary map potentially :)

Thank you for your impressive color scheme. I started to use a version of it since two months.

Now a small suggestion to add additional border options.

Level 0.5 borders
I would find it useful to have some form of internal boundary below the "international borders" but above the "first-level division borders".
Such a border could be useful for territories, vassal states and areas, which are under the authority of a country, but not part of the normal administration.
(For example vassal states, occupied territories under military rule, colonies, special areas, countries/areas with partial independence ...)
This would enable to show more nuance for vassal states and regions with autonomy.
  1. Autonomous departments, counties and smaller areas could be colored as vassal states, with a level-2 border to the main country
  2. Autonomous states and vassals states with a strong integration into the main country could be colored as vassal states, with a level-1 border to the main country
  3. Vassal states with internal independence but no or only limited foreign policy and a medium/low economic integration into the main country could be colored as vassal states, and use a level-0.5 border to the main country
  4. Vassal states with a large degree of independence and a de jure independent foreign policy and no or only limited economic integration into the main country could be colored as vassal states and use a level-1 border

More diversity for wartime, dispute and conflict borders
We could divide the "disputed borders/wartime borders" into to 2 or 3 or 4 different borders.
  • Peaceful disputed border (both countries disagree on the border but nobody is fighting here)
  • Armistice Line (fighting stopped here, still not the official border)
  • Low intensity conflict border (some guerillia skirmishes, two countries/factions/organizations at war have a border here)
  • High intensity conflict border (here are the main battles
  • Closed/fortified borders (like the Berlin Wall or the border between West Germany and the German Democratic Republic

And another suggestion:
Is Atlantis missing in the "fantasy" section?
Also maybe add the various people from the "book of Mormon" in the "fantasy" section. (or to avoid religious controversy in another category connected to mythical people/nations) (Jaredites, Nephites ... ...)

Last edited:
There are a fair few @angakkuq, I hope I spotted them all in my look over for 2.2.1, I know I spotted that one. I've pasted on the list to Boris and he'll do it when he wishes to return back to THICC :)

nah, dw, all help is appreciated, like I hadn't realised we were missing Nigeria/Cameroon and Iraq/Kuwait were missing before you guys pointed it out (those at least are back in 2.2, so view the current deviantart posting I guess as Beta 2/3 (2.2.5, or as I am calling it internally 2.2.1 would be more the corrections of repeats as noted here, as well as some more splits from areas I am still a bit on fence with, with Boris ;).

If you want to draft out a view of what scripts/writing systems you would like in the section, that would cut a decent chunk from both me and Boris's time :), as well as any other suggestions, such as the really cool (though idk whether will go down that path, will discuss with Boris when he back into the tweaking swing) border additions suggestion by Zurirach on this page, or our minor (and still ongoing, though I don't think we plan to go as in depth as UNS has) with tungister which can be seen on earlier pages.

Thanks once again all of you, and we really appreciate your loyalty to the scheme,
best regards,

ML8991, Boris's Little Helper

2020.png

Made some much-needed updates and changes to the modern day Worlda

- filled in the empty grey/green pixel islands
- added internal subdivisions to more countries
- removed MNNA outlines
- updated client states
- Fixed Western Sahara and Bougainville