TheWhereWolf's Map Thread

Hey! Welcome to my Map Thread! If You're here, its probably because you like one of my maps enough to click the link in my sig. If so, thanks! (If you just accidentally clicked it, then, well, thanks anyway?) I really appreciate feedback, so feel free to comment on any one of my maps, ask for follow up, or give me a request for a map to make.

Now- TO THE MAPS!

Last edited:
The Not-So-Golden-Circle
Hello everyone! Even though I’ve posted a few WIPs and maps, will be my first real AH scenario (One Shot, not a full TL). I’m free to answer any questions or comments on the scenario. (Also shoutouts to B_Munro and Rvbomally, who were my biggest inspiration of getting into AH.)

The Not-So-Golden Circle

• PoD- James Madison died three months into his presidency, with George Clinton being inaugurated as the 5th president of the United States

• Butterflies and changes in congress kick the can of the War of 1812 down a year, where the British are able to muster a larger force due to Napoleon being defeated earlier, and thus, even though it is a bit of a stalemate, wins some territory in Maine and out west as compensation

• Further down the line, there is a greater North-south difference within the states, bringing up the issue of slavery several times, combined with a larger lake in a war over Texas with Mexico, causes the north to secede from the union in the 1840s in the Second American War, establishing an equally corrupt Republic of American States

• Unburdened by the North, Southern Americans continue to filibuster their way across Central America with their ally Brazil, until it suffers dealy from save/latino/poor white revolution in the early 1890s, establishing the United American Sovereign States (Third American War).

• The Fourth American war spills over into the Global War, when Sovereign Troops conflict with their old allies in Brazil, triggering world alliances against the Prussian-Russian-Brazilian-RAS *Fascist Bloc, which ends up losing by most falling into revolution or being heartily dismantled.

• Great Britain Ends up being taken over in a *Fascist coup, exiling the royal family and having its dominions Break off. However, the country falls to a Collective-Nativist revolution before the monarchy Can be restored, though relations aren't too hostile anymore.

• After the peace of Brussels, the world fell into four major power blocks, that can fall into two larger categories, though these alliances are somewhat oversimplifications.

• The Collectivists, lead by the rebellious Platina’s, espouse workers rights and a collective large government. Each have their own disagreements with the other and are more united in concept than anything else, though are somewhat isolated.

• The Sovereigns, lead by the UASC in Liberty City (Formerly Merida). They prefer a government for the people, though still with ownership and liberty of the people. In the USA itself, there are the local Community Counties that wield some distinct power, subject to the somewhat ethnic Sovereign Regions (Though are now more mixed than at their inception). Following that are the Larger Confederations, with minimal powers, and the Federal government, who is there for Inter-confederation disputes and International Affairs mostly.Their bloc is more united, due to a world revolution vibe, though of course, at the local level.

• The Royalist or Democratic bloc is mostly made of the Remains of the formerly huge British Empire, that now plays a small part in the affairs. They are mostly spearheaded by Boaralia, who made massive gains against Russia in the Global war, and despite losing Canada, is a major trading partner. They don’t really share a unique ideology, just mostly that people have basic rights to be respected, including wanting to have a Monarch. Also closely allied via numerous Trading zones, some of which might become full fledged countries in the future.

• Last are the Globalists or Geoists. They are really loosely held together, but mostly just all support the World Congress of Nations [which has more heft to it than our SUN] and reversing our impact on nature, especially as caused by the Global War. As such, their isn’t really a leader about them, With the French, Coloradans, Viets and Industanis all having their own allies inside. There is also some crossover between the blocks recently which has been both good and Bad. They also set up the Environmental protectorates, used to maintain large areas of nature and those that live in it peacefully, (Natives or Eco-fanatics).

• The world has been relatively peaceful during the Chilled Peace era of the last 50 years since the end of the Global war. Biological technology is somewhat ahead of OTL, as with Rocketry, with one member from each of the blocs, having made it to the moon,(except the collectivists, who think its a waste of time) The next is a race to put a man on Mars, which the Borealians seem intent on winning. Computing power is somewhat ahead, with personal Computers and the :skynet” taking the world by storm. However, longer field communications of Cell phones and studies into Atomic particles were stunted, with the atomic power only being a recent forey and “Atomic Bombs” are only sparkles in the eyes of War Hawk Generals.

And the Map:
GoldenCircleRemix Finaler Copy.png

WIP - Confederation of America
Hi Everyone! I've been a longtime lurker on the site, enjoying everyone else's works and ideas, and though I should start to contribute. So, here's a teaser for a full Map I'm working on right now...

PoD-1802 A.D.
The United States of America and members of the Confederation of America, 1973.
unitedwer-png.349038

(Questions are welcome!)
(This post insanely got 43 likes)

Three WIPS and a baby (flag)
Wow! I've been off the site for a month due to several reasons, but I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who liked my original map (Shockingly including B_Munro, my biggest inspiration!) It really convinced me that maybe my work isn't half-bad, as one's own work always looks at first.

Now, I'm at a Crossroads on where to go from here. I can't decide which WIP I shouldmake a full map and scenario for first, so I thought I'd leave it up to you!

First:, a slightly modified version my original post:

Year 1974; POD 1743
The Under Vespurtian Confederations:
united-vesturian-confederations-png.354033

Second:

Year-1878; POD 1775
The North American members of the British Empire and neighboring states:
freedonian-america-png.354034

(Link to my inspiration for this one: https://latexiana.deviantart.com/art/Fredonian-Republics-REBOOT-iPad-Idea-12-437487221)

Third:

Year-1793; POD 1162
Map of Europe and Asia Minor at the Dawn of the Age of Progress:
the-land-of-wolves-png.354038

(Bonus: a map of the Empire of Wolves):

Let me know which one I should pursue first, and question me on anything about these scenarios.

Cheers!

Water Whirled
Water world Threper.png

The PoD is an ASB one; Nazi Scientist make a "Greenhouse Gas" bomb, but don't release it until secretly doing so in the year 1948, flooding the Globe with water, water everywhere. The map is set 50 years later, showing the state of the world. (Credits to RVBomally I think for the base map(Correct me if I'm wrong))

I have most of why things are the way they are set in my head, so feel free to ask any questions about it. If not, just enjoy the (hopefully) pretty colors. Happy Easter Monday

Last edited:
The Bohemian Revoution
[/preamble]
Hey! This is a scenario I spent most of the day working on figuring out and creating after I couldn't get the idea of it out of my head. I'm thinking of possibly doing more maps/flags/scenarios in this TL, which I don't think has been done before quite this way. (If anyone has, please point me in its direction, I'd love to read it.) If you are interested in this, check my sig for a link to the TL (Which currently consists of this one post!) if you are interested in it or want to give your thoughts and ideas towards it. Comments and questions on just the map itself are also wanted and appreciated.
(It is my first non-worlda map, so I know its a bit [litterally] rough around the edges.)
[/endpreamble]

The Bohemian Revolution-

Bohemian Revolution.png

The basic premise behind this is that the Bohemian Revolt, which in OTL leads to the Thirty Years War is mostly successful. The two major PoDs leading to this are that Henry IV of France survives his assassination in 1610, and that James I dies the next year, leading to his so being crowned Henrey IX, butterflying away his own death. These two monarchical Henrys are more invested in a thriving Protestant state to oppose the Hapsburgs (Especially one with IX's beloved sister as Queen), so aid in both arms and men. This convinces the Protestant Union to do the same, which results in a victory in the Battle of White Mountain against the Hapsburg Forces

The Year is now 1647. Europe is once again at peace following the War of Secession, lasting from 1628-33, which followed the declaration of succession from the HRE of most of its Protestant states. The Hapsburgs were mostly powerless to stop it, fighting a downhill battle, as all of Europe seemingly piled up on. However, tensions are once again starting to Rise between the ascendant Great Powers. England, France and the Netherlands are starting to heat up over colonial disputes, with the Iberian Union slowly starting to up their colonial game over the massive territory they control. Transylvania yearns to take back all of Hungary from the remnant HRE. Poland is trying to wrestle control from the Danes, who seem more interested in the Germanies than the Baltic. And the Holiest Emporer of all the Romans stews in his capital of Wien at the losses his father has sustained.

Then, on July 17th, Frederick V of the Kingdom of Grand Bohemia dies peacefully in his sleep. Europe, especially those in the Protestant Union, Morn the loss of their great leader, and hold their breath to see if this is the spark of yet another War.

Alliance Map of Europe-
Bohemian Revolution Alliances.png

Last edited: