These Fair Shores: The Commonwealth of New England

ofO3V0D.png
The banner ad here is golden. With the conflicts in Niassa and the USA going on, I could see people buying standalone war and terrorism insurance in a move that reminds me of OTL!USA men buying Hummers after OTL!9/11.

Last edited:
What is the overall political slant of the Empire and Mail? Because I suspect their offices could be raided by police for "unpatriotic" and "un-Imperial" activities and/or sympathies.

How on earth did Hone Harawira get elected PM?
New Zealand is far more Maori-dominated than IOTL, I believe, with the population being majority Maori. Apparently, the Empire has taken a largely hands-off approach in terms of settlement there, which may have allowed firebrands like Harawira to get elected in the first place.

Russia's Tsar close friend with French emperor under Bonaparte? Now, they are pitting and competing against the French in the Great Game? Late Russo-Ottoman War? What about Prussia? No Otto von Bismarck, the Prussian/German great leader with a leading Chancellor and an architect or engineer of German Unification which led to development and industrialization including on the Rhine?

Russia's Tsar close friend with French emperor under Bonaparte? Now, they are pitting and competing against the French in the Great Game? Late Russo-Ottoman War? What about Prussia? No Otto von Bismarck, the Prussian/German great leader with a leading Chancellor and an architect or engineer of German Unification which led to development and industrialization including on the Rhine?
I personally can't comment on a lot of this, but Germany was very clearly not unified ITTL. There's a country called Germany, but it exists in southern OTL Germany and Austria whereas Prussia, and the rest of northern Germany for that matter, remains independent from any single German state (I also want to say that the "Germany" ITTL was created after the Continental War in the mid-20th Century). If Otto Von Bismarck even did exist ITTL, it's obvious he had a very different role in history.

Bismark was never a German nationalist. His goal was always strengthening Prussia and at the time rallying Germany to Prussia was the best way to do that.

Assuming he exists in this TL, presumably he found a different way to help prussia