These Fair Shores: The Commonwealth of New England

Why hasn't any other US state government declared independence?
And, am I also right to assume that the rebellions in the US are widespread, though perhaps disunited?

Argentina
zBrPyQc.png

Last edited:
Five questions:
  • Why did wealth come from both the United States and the United Kingdom migrate to this country?
  • How do you know that the Argentina has 107 million people?
  • What does everyday life in Argentina look like?
  • What happened to Peron where the country hasn’t spared in the 20th century has caused dictatorships?
  • Who is the first human into space by astronaut name and mission from Argentina?

Argentina as a prosperous world power is such a cool idea and a nice change of scenery from the doom and gloom that is the US ITTL. Two things I’m wondering about are if Argentina has its own sphere of influence and what Argentine welfare programs look like. On the latter, I’m curious if the high standard of living and large immigration to the country have anything to do with Argentina potentially being a social democracy akin to the Nordic countries of OTL.

Why the [A] by the name? Some sort of note, I am sure but what? (Probably about alternative official names but I wanna know)
It's probably the same note in OTL Wikipedia.
Article 35 of the Argentine Constitution gives equal recognition to the names "United Provinces of the Rio de la Plata", "Argentine Republic" and "Argentine Confederation" and using "Argentine Nation" in the making and enactment of laws.

Though the different names Argentina can go by might differ ITTL.

It's probably the same note in OTL Wikipedia.
Article 35 of the Argentine Constitution gives equal recognition to the names "United Provinces of the Rio de la Plata", "Argentine Republic" and "Argentine Confederation" and using "Argentine Nation" in the making and enactment of laws.

Though the different names Argentina can go by might differ ITTL.

Yeah, I am aware of that iOTL but asked because it might be different iTTL.

Seeing as Finland got its independence from Sweden, how did the Bernadottes gain the Swedish throne if the disastrous war in 1809 didnt happen and cause the deposition of Gustav VI?

TTL's Space Race between the UK and Russian Empire is called the "Cosmic Game"? Love it.

It's the Great Game...in space. :cool:
The naming convention makes me wonder if the Cosmic Game is a bit more than launching satellites and astronauts into space and actually involves attempts to lay claim to Lunar territory. It’s be really interesting if Lunar bases are thing and space stations are more common ITTL.