These Fair Shores: The Commonwealth of New England

Does the US rely on cults of personality to maintain authoritarian rule? Who is revered? Hamilton perhaps?

russian suburbia
russian suburbia

Gotta be honest here, I didn't expect to see a video like this and I didn't expect to lose sleep over it, but I think it's neat, have an apex predator.

5be38963240000420299ad3b.jpeg

Question: what city is depicted in the video starting at 1:10? (in-universe and out-of-universe, if you don't mind)

Okay, how did a party with 13% of the votes win the most seats?

Each town gets 1 MLA, regardless of population, elected using FPTP. Second, each country gets 5 MLAs plus 1 MLA for each town in the county. The overall result in the county determines the distribution of seats.

This system is modelled after Connecticut's pre-Civil Rights Act legislature where (most) towns had 2 Representatives, regardless of population.

Each town gets 1 MLA, regardless of population, elected using FPTP. Second, each country gets 5 MLAs plus 1 MLA for each town in the county. The overall result in the county determines the distribution of seats.

This system is modelled after Connecticut's pre-Civil Rights Act legislature where (most) towns had 2 Representatives, regardless of population.
I assume that those in the urban areas of Connecticut aren't too happy about it.

Connecticut desperately needs a new electoral system. It's more of a farce than a democracy.

At any rate, what's stopping a Labour-Liberal coalition from coming into power? Or for a Liberal confidence-and-supply arrangement for a Labour minority government?

Connecticut desperately needs a new electoral system. It's more of a farce than a democracy.

At any rate, what's stopping a Labour-Liberal coalition from coming into power? Or for a Liberal confidence-and-supply arrangement for a Labour minority government?
this is my thought as well, only five Liberal MPs need to defect for Labour to take control. Unless the Conservatives greased their palms to not do so?

Connecticut (and New England as a whole) never had a ruling along the lines of Reynolds v. Sims I'm guessing.