These Fair Shores: The Commonwealth of New England

ZIKNrr3.png

gvjT5GF.png

Winner by margin
Gains/Holds
Second Place finisher
It seems like the links are broken.

Poor liberals getting 27% but still only a fraction of the seats of the Tories.

Probably time for some kind of electoral reform you'd think at least from their point of view.

Poor liberals getting 27% but still only a fraction of the seats of the Tories.

Probably time for some kind of electoral reform you'd think at least from their point of view.

They would absolutely hope so. Luckily the Prime Minister is interested in reforms that would absolutely help the Liberals in the next election.

I'm getting an http error 429 for the three hyperlinked parts and the two images above are broken.

In fact, going through the threadmarks, most of the imgur embeds seem to be broken!

Huh! I really don't know what to tell you... everything works on my end. I'll look into it again!!

I was a big fan of the original timeline in highschool and wow this was a blast to come back to all these years later! CosmicAsh you are a legend.

I was a big fan of the original timeline in highschool and wow this was a blast to come back to all these years later! CosmicAsh you are a legend.
I've been working on a project authorized by CosmicAsh (an election simulation game in SW - just a quick five turn campaign management game) for a while and have been immersing myself in both timelines for references, ideas, and background lore, and I have to say I don't think I've ever been so impressed by anything in a long, long, long time.

Take the latest election infobox for example. I googled he newly elected Green MP from VT, thinking she was a fictional character. No, it turns out this is a real person with no apparent political experience other than being a student activist with a promising career as a climate leader ahead of her. The only information I found was a LinkedIn, which means that Ash had to really go deep to find these people.

When you consider the fact that the MPs list is actually data driven and not just names slapped onto a colored map, it's even further astonishing stuff. Thanks to the image below, I can basically run a whole election simulation with stunningly realistic results.

As my late brother would say, "this shit slaps!"

Z8JVa2m.png

Huh! I really don't know what to tell you... everything works on my end. I'll look into it again!!
This may explain it for me.

Ongoing intermittent issues loading content

Investigating - We are working to address ongoing issues causing degraded performance across all platforms causing errors on apps, blank screens to appear, and generally wonky behavior.
May 12, 2023 - 14:00 PDT

Im excited to find out more about the History of the Boers, It seems they Managed to go much further north in this timeline. Are there any surviving Griqua/Baster states?

Just a question, how come Wiki says 'Independence recognised' in the 'Independence from the United States' box, istead of, say, beginning of recognition of independence? Sounds contradictory. Is there some information behind it that's not obvious to someone from OTL, like in-world British propaganda? We don't even have a somewhat all-recognised UN here who's words might make such and edit valid. The OTL Kosovo box only says 'Declaration of independence' where most western powers acknowledged her independence - and her former parent country, Serbia hasn't. Maybe I'm just taking it too literally.

This was incredible. I have family that live in Puerto Rico and it is nice to see this level of detail.

Awesome!! I'm happy that you enjoyed it!

Just a question, how come Wiki says 'Independence recognised' in the 'Independence from the United States' box, istead of, say, beginning of recognition of independence? Sounds contradictory. Is there some information behind it that's not obvious to someone from OTL, like in-world British propaganda? We don't even have a somewhat all-recognised UN here who's words might make such and edit valid. The OTL Kosovo box only says 'Declaration of independence' where most western powers acknowledged her independence - and her former parent country, Serbia hasn't. Maybe I'm just taking it too literally.

Wikipaedia is heavily monitored by the British Government as its directors board shares several members with the BBC. Items on the wiki are deliberate, and not entirely free and open source.

Wikipaedia is heavily monitored by the British Government as its directors board shares several members with the BBC. Items on the wiki are deliberate, and not entirely free and open source.
The "fifteen arrested in Newcastle for online independence movement" headline is rather ominous. Compared to OTL Britain, free speech seems to be considerably more restricted (as shown when sensitive news were broadly censored on the Twitter equivalent). Is just talking about independence online considered sedition? And what region do they want independence for, anyway - the North seems unlikely, so maybe Scotland?

Last edited: