There's a book that I need to know the title for

I heard about a book made pre-WWII that accurately predicts island-hopping in the pacific. What's it's title?

Gamingboy said:
I heard about a book made pre-WWII that accurately predicts island-hopping in the pacific. What's it's title?

Could that be "The Great Pacific War: A History of the American-Japanese Campaign of 1931-1933" by Hector Bywater?

I also remember "The Great Pacific War". I used to have a copy but it has disappeared in the past 20 years. Several interesting items that struck me when I first read it: (1) use of armor piercing poison gas shells in BB actions, (2) significant use of rigid airships (I remember a USS Memphis in particular), and (3) surprisingly sympathetic portrayal of Japanese - patricularly their strict adherence to Geneva accords regarding treatment of POWs (Hah!). I sort of remember it as a novelization of a Plan Orange scenario, not about island-hopping per se.

Grey Wolf

Donor
zoomar said:
I also remember "The Great Pacific War". I used to have a copy but it has disappeared in the past 20 years. Several interesting items that struck me when I first read it: (1) use of armor piercing poison gas shells in BB actions, (2) significant use of rigid airships (I remember a USS Memphis in particular), and (3) surprisingly sympathetic portrayal of Japanese - patricularly their strict adherence to Geneva accords regarding treatment of POWs (Hah!). I sort of remember it as a novelization of a Plan Orange scenario, not about island-hopping per se.

Well, the book's author had no reason to believe that the Japanese would change from their previous very good treatment of POWs, most recently of Germans etc in the Great War

Grey Wolf
suddenly all tired