There is a Radical Left Party Front but no Right-wing equivalent

Discussion in 'Help and Rules' started by Euskadi Herria, Mar 3, 2019.

1. CalBear Your Ursus arctos californicus Moderator Moderator Donor

I am talking about his opening paragraph in the Largest type. He made that up out of whole cloth and posted it like it was part of Board policy.

The rest of the Insta-ban are correct.

Please take further discussion of this, and any other Mod action to the Hall of Infamy (in Chat).

Alpha-King98760 and Zagan like this.
  2. Red Arturoist Napoleon II. - Marxist-Arturoist-Trałkaist Donor

Understandable, but the original question did not arise from a mod action. So I think it should go in this Help and Rules forum...

3. Euskadi Herria Banned

So a right wing version of the radical left party front thread would be allowed if precautions were taken to avoid any genocide advocacy, nazism etc.?

4. CalBear Your Ursus arctos californicus Moderator Moderator Donor

Sure. The problem tends to be that some folks, at least here, who espouse the Far Right can't seem to do so without triggering actions for things like racism, sexism, other sorts of bigotry or insulting other members. As a result there is an unfounded belief that you can't be Far Right here. You can be, but given the tilt of the Board you are going to be challenged, a lot, often by folks who have gigabytes of documentation to support their arguments.

I rather wish we had more conservative members. Chat tends to be an echo chamber, that isn't useful for anyone.

Actually, in Chat we have the "Cordial Conservative Club" thread that sort of fulfills this exact slot.

5. fdas Professional Jobber

Well, it is kind of true, since being Far Right implies being a bigot which is bannable.

KorgusCyborgus likes this.
  6. RiverDelta Gwen, Gwen, the Mirror Gem

I think the CCC is generally for reasonable conservatives and libertarians, though? A Radical Right Party-Reich would be full entirely of crazy people, crypto-bigots, and edgy teenagers with problems with minorities.

Leon Trotsky and SetofEgypt like this.
  7. CalBear Your Ursus arctos californicus Moderator Moderator Donor

Not for all that long.

If that is what is meant by a Far Right, then those sorts of folks won't last here, not because of their politics but because of crazy or bigoted posts.

Alpha-King98760, Zagan and RiverDelta like this.
  8. RiverDelta Gwen, Gwen, the Mirror Gem

I mean, how many Far Righters are there who'd survive long on this site?

9. CalBear Your Ursus arctos californicus Moderator Moderator Donor

Really?

I must have a very different definition of "Far Right" than is being discussed here.

10. CalBear Your Ursus arctos californicus Moderator Moderator Donor

No idea. I only see the ones who draw Mod attention for the most part.

Zagan likes this.
  11. Euskadi Herria Banned

Thanks for the clarification CalBear.

Alpha-King98760 likes this.
  12. Edward_Elric Socialchemist

Uh - The record of the OG Italian Fascists tells a different story. Mussolini and his buddies allied with the Nazis, aided and abetted the Holocaust, and genocided/mass-murdered their way through the Mediterranean and the Horn of Africa. Fascism was directly formulated by the people who went on to form the Italian Fascist government, so the connection between original Fascist theory and Fascist practice is a circle rather than any kind of Venn Diagram.

I wonder why.

13. Euskadi Herria Banned

Mussolini wasn't willing to hand over Jews to the Nazis and I don't want to debate fascism since it could lead to a debate that will end with people being kicked or even banned. I don't want that.

Alpha-King98760 likes this.
  14. Jasen777 AOC Twitter Repost Bot Donor

Well this is what wiki says -

Now in some ways such groups like the tea party could be considered far right, but doesn't seem to be how the term is commonly used.

Leon Trotsky likes this.
  15. CalBear Your Ursus arctos californicus Moderator Moderator Donor

I was seeing the Tea Party or, as an example, the House Conservative Caucus as what was being discussed.

16. Jasen777 AOC Twitter Repost Bot Donor

They may be the right end of what is considered acceptable in the public sphere, but for instance even the GOP House turned on Steve King eventually (who would seem to fit in better with how the term far right is used).

In comparison the left-wing in U.S. discourse pretty much stops at Bernie Sanders, the radical left thread has people to the left of him, but it is (normally) not so in a way that risks administrative action.

17. CalBear Your Ursus arctos californicus Moderator Moderator Donor

Actually, while there are plenty of elements of potential genocide to charge the Mussolini regime with, especially in Africa, the Holocaust isn't really one of them. There were the 1938 Italian Racial Laws, but to be frank, those were not much over the par for much of the U.S. (keeping in mind that it was literally illegal in many U.S. states for a White person to marry an African American before Loving v. Virginia in 1967 and Jim Crow in the South)

The mass deportation of Jews from the Italian Peninsula didn't start until after Italy's surrender when the Reich took over the part of Italy that had not been liberated by the WAllies. A general defense of Mussolini's regime is questionable, at best, but specific to the Shoah, the evidence isn't really there.

18. Bassarion Korax Well-Known Member

So, when I think of the term “far-right” in today’s political paradigm, I think of what is often called “ethno-nationalism” on the internet (I just call it nationalism). This would mean France for the French, Spain for the Spaniards, Turkey for the Turks, and so on. I know a lot of people who are nationalists of this sort, and none of the ones I know are hateful or otherwise bigoted, rather, their politics come from a position of love for their own people, and they want to see their own cultures and traditions be allowed to flourish in their own right, in homelands set aside for them.

Some of these people are White, but I also have a lot of friends who are East Asian, and especially the latter see the world very exclusively in these terms. Is THIS kind of discussion allowed on the board?

19. Windows95 Well-Known Member

No, because these are not just slogans, but they are a message to OTHER people living in these areas: You are not welcome.

20. CalBear Your Ursus arctos californicus Moderator Moderator Donor

Racism is not acceptable, neither is ethnic cleansing (which is considered to advocating a Crime Against Humanity) so the entire concept of racially or ethically exclusive "Homelands" is pretty much a non-starter.

Leon Trotsky likes this.