Poor Giovanna...her mom should give her a break. Losing ones spouse is not an easy thing to go through.
Yeah, Joanna the elder is a demanding woman.. Still, it's tough love more than wanton jerkishness. That may be what Giovanna needs to realize that she needs to distract herself from her grief... Thank you so much!

Yeah, Joanna the elder is a demanding woman.. Still, it's tough love more than wanton jerkishness. That may be what Giovanna needs to realize that she needs to distract herself from her grief... Thank you so much!
Oh of course. It still seems like Giovanna and her mother have a good relationship. I look forward to seeing how Giovanna gets on in the future.

Also do not forget who Henry was the second husband who Giovanna lost and surely her first widowhood had been much more traumatic than this one, but is likely who the previous situation will influence also her reaction to her new condition

Also do not forget who Henry was the second husband who Giovanna lost and surely her first widowhood had been much more traumatic than this one, but is likely who the previous situation will influence also her reaction to her new condition
True, but I'm unsure as to if Giovanna loved her half-nephew Ferdinand as much as she does Henry.. You are definitely right in that it will influence her reaction to her second widowhood, for the poor woman is in despair as she thinks herself cursed. Thank you so much!

True, but I'm unsure as to if Giovanna loved her half-nephew Ferdinand as much as she does Henry.. You are definitely right in that it will influence her reaction to her second widowhood, for the poor woman is in despair as she thinks herself cursed. Thank you so much!
Pretty likely who Ferdinand (who was 10 years older than her) was her dream prince while she was growing up as their wedding was planned well in advance.

Chapter 47, October 1511
Toledo, Kingdom of Castile, October 1511

The two men glared at each other in the town square. By the neatly trimmed, if unimpressive beards that they sported, and the clean, yet cheap woolen tunics they wore, Catalina could tell that they were middling farmers. Prosperous, if hardly rich, the men were in a dispute over goats of all things. Apparently, Señor Muñoz had been careless with his animals, and they had trampled some crops owned by Señor Garcés. Things had escalated, and the two men had come to blows, quite literally, outside of the local tavern. Señor Muñoz raised his voice, pointing at his rival,”You sir, are a knave, worth less than the manure of my animals.”
The other man, short yet burly, rushed towards the other, until stopped by one of the guards. Catalina shook her head, and gave the two farmers a stern rebuke,”How dare you conduct yourselves so! I thought I was to dispense justice for men, not small children!”
Some of the crowd chuckled at this, amused to see the two criticized by their Regent.
She continued,”I do have a solution for your dispute though. The two of you shall build a fence separating your farmsteads.”
Señor Garcés nodded, yet spoke up nonetheless,”Milady, perhaps he should build it all himself, it is his animals that ruined my crops.”
Catalina shook her head,”No he shall not. Were you calm during these proceedings I may have passed such judgment, but alas you were not… In any case, the both of you are to build the fence, and live in peace or your lands will be taken by the crown.”
The two men bowed their heads, apparently accepting the compromise.
As the first pair left, another man was roughly dragged forward by the guards. This one was younger than the other two, perhaps five years her junior. He had a black eye, a bald head and a small trail of stubble on his chin. As the young man sprawled to the ground, his limbs in chains, Catalina realized this was likely more serious than the cases she had already dealt with today. The herald announced,”Don Mateo Sánchez was found breaking into a convent. He then strangled a young novice before the Santa Hermandad arrested him.”
The woman pursed her lips, before looking upon the accused,”Have you anything to say for yourself?”
That he had even answered her was a shock and the words that he uttered added to it,”Yes actually… My uncle is a Bishop, and he would be most displeased to find that I was harshly treated. So, I ask that you be lenient.”
Catalina’s nostrils flared in anger, and she shouted at the prisoner,”You presume to make demands of me? I who rule in the name of his most sovereign majesty, my nephew? No! You will be hung by the neck until dead, and should your uncle voice any complaints, he shall by investigated the Holy Office of the Inquisition.”
As the man was dragged away, protesting, Catalina mused, To enforce God’s law is a heavy burden, but one I that I must do so with zeal to ensure this land remains in good order.

Well, Catalina seems to be doing well in her position as regent. I commend her for her judgements on both of those cases.
Yes she certainly is, it's a role you could say she was born for... Much like her mother Catalina believes that enforcing the law is about the most important things a ruler can do, even if she is a bit less harsh than Isabella... Thank you so very much!

Thank you to everyone who nominated my TL, the voting for the 2021 Turtledoves is open, so please vote, even if it's not for me!

Ooh, I love seeing these pointless meetings with the ruler to sort a stupid dispute, in these sort of meetings. Is the farmer story based off a similar event that happened to Catherine The Great? Great update by the way, good to see Catherine trying to be a fair ruler!

Ooh, I love seeing these pointless meetings with the ruler to sort a stupid dispute, in these sort of meetings. Is the farmer story based off a similar event that happened to Catherine The Great? Great update by the way, good to see Catherine trying to be a fair ruler!
Actually it's based on a game that I played, where you have to try and mediate a fair solution. Catherine's priority for Castile, other than faith, is definitely justice and good governance... Thank you very much!

Caught up with this timeline- Very interesting. Multiple times I felt very happy or sad for the characters esp our title character.

Is Arthur still buried in Worcester? His tomb is very popular and spectacular even unpainted as it is now.

A united Spain - will think big Catherine! How is the African war going?

An older, more stable Henry VIII taking the throne should have some fun consequences. Hopefully Giovanna will return to Court and keep him stable and sensible soon.

Great story. Much fun. Thanks @Awkwardvulture.

Caught up with this timeline- Very interesting. Multiple times I felt very happy or sad for the characters esp our title character.

Is Arthur still buried in Worcester? His tomb is very popular and spectacular even unpainted as it is now.

A united Spain - will think big Catherine! How is the African war going?

An older, more stable Henry VIII taking the throne should have some fun consequences. Hopefully Giovanna will return to Court and keep him stable and sensible soon.

Great story. Much fun. Thanks @Awkwardvulture.
Henry VIII only really became unstable due to his head injury and declining health during the last decade of his reign. Also there is the overeating culture which started during the reign of king Richard II of England also Richard introduce your majesty to how he should be addressed previously used to be your grace. Henry VIII was described as a natural bully intimidated people Thomas Cromwell was not affected buy Henry's behaviour in fact the king goroved to like him because he was disarming in his behaviour to king Henry. Henry was not a great King like Edward I and iii of England and king Henry's I,ii and V he was more the Playboy who lost interest quite easily. He did not have the ability to be a great reformer or conqueror like his ancestors he did not have the patience or temperament to be a great King. But with all that stated he was not a horrible King but he was the most selfish King England has ever had.