Charles may do as he wishes as he grows older, perhaps he’ll even marry someone he is fond of, rather than Lord Suffolk’s eldest girl…
I wouldn't be so sure of that, Giovanna. Henry will still want to weave Brandon's family with his own. How better to do that than with a Charles/Frances match?

I wouldn't be so sure of that, Giovanna. Henry will still want to weave Brandon's family with his own. How better to do that than with a Charles/Frances match?
To be fair she's currently thinking that with a son Henry would be jubilant enough to accept such a request, though you are right of course.. Thank you so much!

I hope that Giovanna and Anthony can someday be married.
Well they wish they could, and theoretically it's possible but they won't. Things should remain covert, at least as they feel the King would be upset with her having a lover. On a more personal level, Giovanna wants Anthony to marry a younger woman who could give him children.. Thank you for your input!

Chapter 118, March 1521
Ribeira Palace, Kingdom of Portugal, March 1521

Catalina hummed to herself as she gently rocked her daughter in her arms. Little Maria de Avis, Infanta of Portugal had begun to drift to sleep, having just been fed by a wetnurse. The woman herself was still mournful, distraught that her only child would never meet her father. Still, even as she silently cried, the Dowager Queen was determined to be the best mother she possibly could be to her daughter. Sitting in the chair in the middle of the nursery, Catalina of Aragon knew that despite her sorrows, she must be grateful that she at least had her daughter and all those who had supported her. Maria de Salinas walked over with a goblet of wine, and asked,”Would you like something to drink Your Majesty?”
The woman nodded,”Yes, and please, when we are in private there is no need for such protocol my dearest friend.”

Maria grinned and brought the cool metal goblet to Catalina’s mouth, who drank it all as it was only half full.

“Thank you, Maria...” The Dowager Queen said as her lady passed the empty goblet to a servant,”How are your own children my friend?”

“They are doing quite well.” Maria nodded emphatically.

Catalina gently stroked the dark, soft down on her daughter’s head,”Good, I remember when little Lina took her first steps last week, and Pelayo steadied her because he thought she would fall.”

Maria laughed, though quietly so as not to wake the baby,”Yes he’s such a sweet boy, listens well...”

“Are you saying that Martin does not?” Catalina asked

Maria shook her head,”That’s not exactly what I mean… Just that, well he looks up to Gabriel, as an official and a soldier, he does not quite seem to appreciate old tomes in the same way that Pelayo does.”

“That’s fair enough I suppose, we all have different talents. Just know that I will ensure that your children, no matter their talents, have the opportunities that they deserve.”

Maria de Salinas beamed,“I appreciate all you’ve done for my family and I Catalina, I truly do.”
Catalina of Aragon smiled back,“Anything for you Maria, mi querida amiga.”

She sank back into the chair for a moment, until her daughter woke up with a cute little sneeze, and Catalina chuckled,”Perhaps in a few years you shall have nieces and nephews joining you in this nursery too, I think you could use the company hija.”

So the Dowager Queen would spend much of the rest of her day in the nursery, unaware of the coming events that would soon change the lives of herself and her family, as well as the balance of power across all of Europe…

Maria de Salinas Family Tree
Also since Gabriel and Maria are done having children here's a family tree for them

Gabriel Fernández Manrique (b.1486) m. Maria de Salinas (b.1490) had issue

1) Martin Fernández Manrique (b.1510)

2) Pelayo Fernández Manrique (b.1512)

3) Stillborn son (1513)

4) Josefa Fernández Manrique (b.1515)

5) Pedro Fernández Manrique (b.1517)

6) Catalina "Lina" Fernández Manrique (b.1520)

Last edited:
Also since Gabriel and Maria are done having children here's a family tree for them

Gabriel Fernández Manrique (b.1486) m. Maria de Salinas (b.1490) had issue

1) Martin Manrique (b.1510)

2) Pelayo Manrique (b.1512)

3) Stillborn son (1513)

4) Josefa Manrique (b.1515)

5) Pedro Manrique (b.1517)

6) Catalina "Lina" Manrique (b.1520)
Is Fernandez an actual Patronomyc? Or is it another last name?