Nice little ‘domestic’ chapter there- I like these snippets into the royal lives.

Does the King know about and ignore Giovanna and Anthony’s life together, or have they kept it under wraps?

Nice little ‘domestic’ chapter there- I like these snippets into the royal lives.

Does the King know about and ignore Giovanna and Anthony’s life together, or have they kept it under wraps?
I am happy to hear that you liked it. Giovanna and Anthony are indeed keeping it under wraps, as it's not necessarily something that Henry (being a hypocrite) would approve of. Thank you so very much!

I am happy to hear that you liked it. Giovanna and Anthony are indeed keeping it under wraps, as it's not necessarily something that Henry (being a hypocrite) would approve of. Thank you so very much!
Oddly, Henry had a bit of a puritanical streak when it came to other peoples' love lives...

Chapter 98, October 1518
Ribeira Palace, Kingdom of Portugal, October 1518

Catalina plucked a green grape from the vine, and brought it to her mouth, daintily biting into it. Manuel gazed at her from where he stood,”May I have the other half of that grape darling?”

The Queen of Portugal smiled coyly before plopping the rest of the piece of fruit into her mouth.

Her husband chuckled,”Oh wicked wife, that was the last grape. How will I taste them now that you’ve eaten them all?”

She puckered her full lips,“I think I know how milord...”

Manuel laughed,”Oh is that so?” and then he kissed her deeply, gently grasping his wife’s hair as he did so.

Pulling away for a moment, he smirked,”Shall I visit your bedchambers tonight my Queen?”

Catalina flushed, shaking her head softly,”I am sorry but you should not.”

The King of Portugal nodded, seeming to understand her wishes,”I see... Is it your monthly bleeding again?”
“I should hope that I do not bleed again for many months Manuel.”

Manuel’s eyes widened,”You are saying that you are….”

Catalina answered him midsentence,”With child, yes.”

“Oh Catalina, you will be a lovely mother to our child, just as you have been to your nieces and nephews.”

“I hope so Manuel. To tell you the truth I did not know if I could ever have one of my own. It has been sixteen years since Arthur’s child, Mi hija, was taken away from me…”

He stroked her cheek,”God will protect our child Catalina. For you, who have served Him so well shall be rewarded.”

Catalina could only pray that her husband was right and that they would soon have a healthy child to cherish.

Last edited:
Oh i hope the baby is healthy....so happy for Catherine!!!
Indeed, many people here (in story) are happy for Catherine/Catalina, as she's done everything she could to help her people and her family. As for the fate of her unborn child, we'll find out eventually. Thank you so much!

They both deserve some happiness after everything they've been through before, and yes, hopefully both mother and child end up safe. Thank you very much!
You’re welcome! They absolutely deserve happiness, and Catalina especially deserves a healthy, living baby after the loss of her daughter with Arthur. Also…fluff scenes with Catalina and her new stepchildren? Pretty please?