Hopefully Elizabeth lives, it would be devastating to Eleanor and Henry if she were to die. I also hope Anthony and Giovanna get to be together!

Hopefully Elizabeth lives, it would be devastating to Eleanor and Henry if she were to die. I also hope Anthony and Giovanna get to be together!
It would be very devastating indeed, though her health may be better than her mother thinks. Anthony and Giovanna are doing well together, obviously, the secrecy they have to maintain is hardly ideal, but it is a sad neccessity. Thank you so very much!

It is a shame Giovanna cannot marry her love, perhaps she can find him the right woman?
One she'll find him a nice convenient wife that he can have a bunch of kids with while deflecting any suspicion about what's going on between them... Thank you very much!

Last edited:
Chapter 91, November 1517
Alcázar of Seville, Kingdom of Castile, November 1517

Months of planning, accounting and diplomacy had led to this very moment. Catalina of Aragon stood in the corner of the great hall, in front of a pillar that supported the structure. Though she was tempted to lazily lean against it, she did not. There was serious ceremony going on before the Regent, the arrival of the girl who would fill her grandmother’s place as Queen of Castile and Aragon. Perchance it was no coincidence that the pale-faced Infanta of Portugal, so similar to the late Isabella of Castile in appearance, had also shared a name with her predecessor. Craning her neck, Catalina watched her niece and nephew stride through the room, a pair of resplendent youths, dressed in cloth of gold, and adorned with a bedazzling assortment of jewels. Isabella whispered something into her husband’s ear, and Ferdinand, normally reserved, burst into laughter.

Her sister Juana looked on with pride, and murmured,”They are well-matched Catalina. To see them get along so well warms my heart.”

The Regent sipped her wine and replied,”As it should dear sister. And soon, your son will have no need of my services.”

“What is it that you mean by that?”
“I simply mean that I believe he no longer needs a Regent, and that he can rule in his own right. Advisors, he shall need, which I intend to be to him.”
“So you end your Regency?” Juana asked

Catalina nodded,”Yes I do, within the next week. Our half-brother Alonso need no longer be his Regent in Aragon, though he shall still assist him in ruling those lands.”

The older of the two looked impressed,“You have it all planned out, don’t you sister?”
“I would be a fool not to do so Juana.”

The pomp and ceremony had ended for the evening. Normally, this would be followed by the bride and groom going to the marriage bed, but in this case, it did not. Catalina wanted her niece and nephew to get to know each other better, yes, but the consummation would be delayed. The bride was too young in her view, and a pregnancy when she had only just turned fourteen could be fatal.

Catalina took off her wimple, and looked to her friend’s husband,”Have you done as I asked Gabriel?”

The man nodded,”Yes, I communicated your wishes to the King.”

“And what did he say?”
Gabriel grinned,”That of course, he is an obedient nephew, and that he and the Queen will wait until she turns fifteen.”

“Good.”

She soon changed the subject, also addressing Maria de Salinas,”Martin behaved himself well during the ceremony, your son is a credit to you both. I am sure one day he will serve these Kingdoms with zeal.”
Maria’s face lit up,”He already likes to think himself a knight, a good rider too.”

“While I hope that peace reigns in Christendom, I have a feeling that one day my nephew will be in need of good, loyal subjects of his age.”

A pause fell at this, as the couple were touched by such words and Maria asked,”What do you think is next for you, now that you retire from ruling?”
Catalina shrugged,”I do not know yet. For now, I will advise young Ferdinand whenever he needs my consul. But, I am sure that God will call me into where I can serve him, and his people, best.”

Aww hopefully Ferdinand and Isabella jr are happy together...they certainly seem to be off to a good start! And I can’t wait to see what’s next for Catalina

great update!

Aww hopefully Ferdinand and Isabella jr are happy together...they certainly seem to be off to a good start! And I can’t wait to see what’s next for Catalina

great update!
Yes they are quite happy together, even if they are getting know each other just on friendly terms rather than fully as husband and wife. As for what's next for Catalina, you'll soon see. Thank you so much!

Not to rain on Ferdinand's and Isabella's parade here, but isn't 14 way to young to rule on his own? Catalina should stay regent for atleast 3 years more.

Not to rain on Ferdinand's and Isabella's parade here, but isn't 14 way to young to rule on his own? Catalina should stay regent for atleast 3 years more.
If he's old enough to marry and be a father, he's old enough to rule, surely?

Also, Isabella's fourteen, but I'm not sure that Ferdinand isn't a year or two older...

If he's old enough to marry and be a father, he's old enough to rule, surely?

Also, Isabella's fourteen, but I'm not sure that Ferdinand isn't a year or two older...
They were both born in 1503. I know that Isabella was born in October but I don't know about Ferdinand.