So the sforzas will live on for at least another generation - excellent! I hope isabella and massimiliano grow up well, as i suspect they will if their parents remain at catalina's court for any significant amount of time.
We'll see just how things turn out for the Sforza twins, and they'll certainly be somewhat influenced from their time in Castile (and of course their father may owe Catalina thanks for retaking his lands one day...) Thank you for your praise!

Catalina is really becoming a chessmaster in here and I love that. Without long years of grief and shit from England, she's making her wily father very proud and I stan this flawless queen.

Catalina is really becoming a chessmaster in here and I love that. Without long years of grief and shit from England, she's making her wily father very proud and I stan this flawless queen.
Catalina certainly is becoming quite the poltican on her own right an intersting combination of her mother and father. I'm sure Ferdinand is proud of her, especially as she'd making his life easier by governing Castile on his behalf, and being a pain in the ass to the French by taking in the Sforza... I'm glad to see that you liked it, thank you!

Oh yes she would be,I play that game too, and I can imagine they'd be that, along with higher than average martial skills, and all the traits.. Of course considering that her father is a master manipulator and her mother was both loved and feared it makes some sense as well... This was all a day's good work for Catalina, having used her cunning to secure Milan as a loyal, subservient ally.. Thank you so very much!

She's quite good at it, and we'll see if she has to use said skills again soon.. Thank you so much!
A fellow Crusader Kings player? Hello!
And yes, Catalina would definitely be an Elusive Shadow or a Grey Eminence with the genius trait...surprising Ferdinand didn't matrilineally remarry her to an heirless ruler like any proper CK player would have done.:p
Stan Catalina!

Chapter 65, February 1514
Richmond Palace, Kingdom of England, February 1514

A faint whisper was barely heard,”Have you seen the Lady Hastings?”

An equally covert reply was given,”Yes I have, just think of the scandal Martijna.”

“Should we tell the Queen?”

“No, we mustn’t, it would be unwise given her condition…”

The Queen of England pushed herself up from where she sat at the edge of the bed, the ladies that were not engaging in gossip tried to help her to her feet, but she shooed them away. Straightening herself, she glowered, narrowing her eyes at the pair,”What is it the Queen must not know? I want the truth of it Martijna and Jacoliene.”

Both young women hesitated, and Jacoliene would be the one to answer, her hazel eyes downcast as she explained,”Just days ago Anne Hastings had entered King Henry’s rooms, and when she left later that hour her clothes were disheveled. My sister thinks what they were doing is obvious…”

Eleanor gasped softly, she felt heartbroken and betrayed, that her husband would take another woman into his bed, all while he professed his love to her. It was unthinkable, and she was determined to get the truth of the matter directly from Henry himself. Thus the Queen steadily stomped out of her chambers, brushing past all those who dared to try and dissuade her.

Eleanor of Austria entered her husband's rooms, brow furrowed with barely suppressed rage. Her husband, the King, who sat at his table reviewing some paperwork looked up at her quizzically," What is it, my dear? Does something trouble you?"

"Yes... Tell me is it true Henry?"

The man rose an eyebrow,"Is what true Eleanor?"

Eleanor glared at her husband,"That you lay with Mistress Hastings."

Henry shook his head as he rose from the chair, though his reddened face gave her all the answers she needed,"No I do not, I would advise you not to pay any attention to such wild and malicious rumors."

"Then why was she seeb leaving your rooms just a few nights ago? No proper woman would visit a man who is not her husband or kin during such hours."

The King of England chuckled."I have no idea what you speak of my dear, perhaps your belly is making you imagine things that have never happened."

"You liar!" she hissed,"You made it no secret that Anne visits your chambers, half the court speaks of this."

Henry rose his voice, angry with her,"If I did have a mistress what would it matter? It is not uncommon for a King to take a mistress while his wife is with child."

Tears blurred her vision and Eleanor shouted,"Because of our vows you fool! It seems that I am the only one that kept them, I have been a loving wife to you, and this is what you do? How could you do this, Henry?!"

Her husband stepped forward, his face softening, pleading with her,"Calm yourself, Eleanor, you don't want to hurt our son."

The young woman moved backward to the doorway, furious,"That is all that you want me for isn't it? To bear your children?"

"Damn you" she spat, "And damn my lout of a brother for sending me to marry you."

With that Eleanor rushed out of the room, hot tears streaming down her face.

PS: I've been able to do more than the usual one chapter per week because before I start my new job I'm on vacation for the week, so enjoy an extra chapter.

Last edited:
Poor Eleanor! Henry, you fool, at least tell the truth, even if you have to be exceptionally gentle with it-you don't want your wife to lose her baby, for god's sake!

Poor Eleanor, Henry needs to learn to be kinder when these things happen, or at the very least try and hide his affairs better.

Eleanor is gonna be in for a world of heartbreak if she thinks that Henry is gonna be entirely faithful to her. It would probably be better for her to just learn to accept it, and make sure that whatever mistresses he has know their place... Still, one does feel a bit sorry for her, so young, naive and in love

Poor Eleanor! Henry, you fool, at least tell the truth, even if you have to be exceptionally gentle with it-you don't want your wife to lose her baby, for god's sake!
Well we know how Henry can be, he tends to think himself far more clever than he actually is (though he was fairly smart) and at times he doesn't think of the feelings of others before acting or reacting. Eleanor and her baby will likely be alright, though she is devastated by her husband's betrayal. Thank you so very much!

Poor Eleanor, Henry needs to learn to be kinder when these things happen, or at the very least try and hide his affairs better.
Knowing Henry it may take quite a while for him to change his attitude, if at all. Still, we'll see how the issue unfolds with them... Thank you very much!

Eleanor is gonna be in for a world of heartbreak if she thinks that Henry is gonna be entirely faithful to her. It would probably be better for her to just learn to accept it, and make sure that whatever mistresses he has know their place... Still, one does feel a bit sorry for her, so young, naive and in love
Sadly she may just be in for more, as she thinks that her husband should be devoted to her, as she is his loving and devoted wife. Still, we'll soon find out if she adapts or not... Thank you for your input!

Well we know how Henry can be, he tends to think himself far more clever than he actually is (though he was fairly smart) and at times he doesn't think of the feelings of others before acting or reacting. Eleanor and her baby will likely be alright, though she is devastated by her husband's betrayal. Thank you so very much!
Still though, having your mistress blatantly come into your bedchambers where half the court can notice seems very indiscreet...at least go over to her less-guarded bedchambers or some other closeted country mansion for an affair...

Still though, having your mistress blatantly come into your bedchambers where half the court can notice seems very indiscreet...at least go over to her less-guarded bedchambers or some other closeted country mansion for an affair...
Well, we all know how extremely subtle Henry was in general.