Castile is not a great refuge for them, as Bona and Francesco are more likely to search refuge at the Imperial Court, if reaching her mother’s lands of Bari is too dangerous but still protection from Castile would be appreciated
This is true, but trying to cross the alps with the French army (and all the others) rampaging across Italy may be a bit dangerous... We'll have to see exactly things go for them, but no matter what they will have a refuge somewhere. Thank you very much!

Hopefully they will keep Milan, yes, and most important they will have many children who would reunite both lines of the Sforzas
While they may not be able to initially keep Milan, they may be able to return one day.. As for children, they'll certainly have some, and they'll play their role in shaping Milan in the future...

Chapter 58, June 1513
Richmond Palace, Kingdom of England, June 1513

“You know what I am about to ask of you, milady?”
Giovanna nodded,”Yes, you are leaving for the campaign against the French, so you want me to keep an eye on things in England.”

Henry smiled,”Yes, but more than just that. I appoint you as governor of the realm in my absence, the Duke of Norfolk should be able to handle any military issues that arise. I am sure that you will do well Giovanna.”

She felt unsure, but the woman inclined her head anyway,”Of course my king, I shall try my best to keep the Kingdom in order.”

As he strode out of the room Henry cleared his throat,”Good, and remember that your word is law when I am away.”

With that she watched her stepson leave, hoping for the sake of all England that she would be up to the task.

Eleanor of Austria was in her rooms, sitting in her chair, and looked up to her husband, tears prickling her eyes,”Do you have to leave Henry?

Henry gave Eleanor a deep kiss and said,”Yes I must, what kind of King would I be if I did not lead the men into battle.”

A living one is what Eleanor wanted to say, but instead, she hugged Henry tight,”Come back to me, my love, be safe and come back to me.” she pleaded

“Of course I will” He said, his voice sweet as honey as he caressed her face,”Your grandfathers and I shall put the French in their place, and I’ll return to you aching for your touch.”

Eleanor giggled at this and kissed him several times. Henry returned them and lifted her up, and smirked,”I would like to see your belly big with child when I return.”

She licked her lips as he sat her down onto the bed,”Then we must make sure that it will be.”

Chapter 59, July 1513
Alcázar de los Reyes Cristianos, Kingdom of Castile, July 1513

The chambers were hot, too hot, and Catalina cursed to herself for having to attend upon matters in Córdoba during the middle of the summer. She smiled at Maria de Salinas as the other woman sipped some water,”Refreshing is it not?”
Maria nodded her head as she set the water onto the small table next to her,”Yes, much needed too.”

“Good, if your condition allows, we will travel to Toledo soon enough, it should be cooler there.”
“Let’s hope so.” They enjoyed their peace for a short while, yet it ended all too soon. Maria gasped and doubled over, blood running down her legs. Horrified, Catalina stood up from your chair,”Maria, are you alright?”
Her friend shook her head as she collapsed to the floor, with the goblet of water knocked down and falling near her with a clang. Maria’s sister Aldonza, who was also in the room rushed from her own corner of the room to help Maria. Fearing for her friend’s life, Catalina said,”I shall get someone to help, stay with Maria while I go!”

Aldonza nodded, face ashen with worry, and Catalina hurried out of the room. She hitched up her dress, and sprinted through the hallway, and desperately called out,”Beatriz, Beatriz!”

Luckily her former tutor was just around the corner, and met her gaze,”What is it Catalina? What has happened?”

“It’s Maria.” She quickly explained,”She’s having her third child early.”
Lips pressed tightly together, Beatriz asked,”How far along is she?”
“Hmm… Maria told me that she’s about six months.”

Beatriz shook her head as they made their way back to room where Maria was,”This is not good, it is far too early.”

“Far too early, what are you saying Latina?” Catalina asked, bewildered

The middle-aged woman sighed”What I am saying is that even if her child is born alive it will not stay so. So, I must make a decision to save who I can. She already has two young sons, and in time Maria may have another child, but if she labors too long with this one, she too will die. I am sorry but it is the truth of the matter.”

Catalina bit her lip, displeased,”Then you do you must to save her.”

The two then came through the door, with Catalina praying to herself that they would not be too late.

As fortune would have it, they were not. Yet Beatriz was correct in her prediction, after two hours, with the assistance of herbs, Maria brought forth a stillborn little son. Her friend had wept ceaselessly when she was finally coaxed into handing her dead child to her sister, and each cry broke Catalina’s heart a little more. An old man in ragged brown robes stood by a table. “Friar Amadeo, would you christen the child?” Catalina asked

The friar was initially hesitant,”But madam, to do such a thing could violate God’s law.”

“The Church need not know, and it is hardly a sin.” She said,”Besides, remember who requires this of you... To disobey me, the regent of this Kingdom, could be seen as treason.”
Amadeo nodded soberly.”Of course milady.”

The babe was gently handed over to the friar, by his aunt, and the man sprinkled holy water onto its face. “I christen thee, child of God as...”

Catalina would be the one to provide the name,“ José, for the holy virgin’s dutiful husband.”

Friar Amadeo looked at her and nodded approvingly,”Yes, good… I christen thee, José, blessed child of God, may you enter into paradise with He and his angels.”

Catalina made the sign of the cross and said a silent prayer; Lord, in your infinite mercy keep my friend from following her child to the grave.