That's a pretty accurate summary of what's going on x'D... Yeah, the choice of name was partially a genuine act of kindness, but was, in a way, a method of manipulating Giovanna into doing what Henry wants... Thank you so much!
Henry manipulating a woman in mourning. This is so something he’d do.

That's a pretty accurate summary of what's going on x'D... Yeah, the choice of name was partially a genuine act of kindness, but was, in a way, a method of manipulating Giovanna into doing what Henry wants... Thank you so much!
Henry manipulating a woman in mourning. This is so something he’d do.
Honestly if i were giovanna i would be a little worried...a king's bastard son can't take her charles's place in the line of succession but he can compete with him for influence at court and that could be just as detrimental.

Honestly if i were giovanna i would be a little worried...a king's bastard son can't take her charles's place in the line of succession but he can compete with him for influence at court and that could be just as detrimental.
True enough though Giovanna doesn't really want to be involved much in the politics of the realm, and she'll try to make sure her children don't either...

True enough though Giovanna doesn't really want to be involved much in the politics of the realm, and she'll try to make sure her children don't either...
Very good choice on giovanna’s part, for her and her kids...hopefully Eleanor will pop out a couple healthy sons for Henry fairly quickly so that Charles doesn’t have to grow up as his half brother’s heir presumptive.

Chapter 49, December 1511
Seville, Kingdom of Castile, December 1511

The cold air blew against her wimple, and Catalina smoothed it against her head, her fingers chilled as she did so. She was not alone out here, on the road leading to the Alcázar. Much of the court was there, including her sister Juana, as well as her nephew the King. One prominent absence was that of Maria de Salinas, who was not there for good reason, as she was in the middling months of her second pregnancy. Still, she at least had her sister with her, who grew impatient,”Is he coming here or not?”
Catalina rolled her eyes,”We have scarcely been waiting for five minutes, I am sure it will not be that long.”
Juana sighed,”We’ll see.”
They all stood, and stood, for so long that Catalina’s feet began to ache, and she nearly grew to share Juana’s doubts. That was, until they heard the pounding of the drums. The low, pounding sound was soon accompanied by a sight, a host of men, with a particularly aged man at its head. Catalina gazed upon him after he closed the distance and clambered off his mount, and called out,” Capitán de Córdoba! I trust you have news of our campaign against the Moor?”
The man cleared his throat and bowed though the depth of which was limited by both age and the rigid suit of armor that he wore.
Despite his discomfort, de Córdoba smiled,”Yes I do milady… We have managed to fortify the cities of Algiers, Tripoli and Béjaïa, with able garrisons put in place to hold them. In addition, we have also taken Honaine, now the Infidel has few ports from which to harry our shores.”
Catalina couldn’t help grinning at this, she was truly delighted,”You have once more proved yourself worthy of the trust that my parents and I have placed in you, Don Gonzalo. I trust that God himself will also award you for your heroic deeds.”
De Córdoba shrugged, and turned his head to the left, looking at his soldiers,”I thank you Lady Regent, but it is the courageous men of Castile who most deserve your praise.”
“Then that is what I will do milord.” She looked back at her steward,”Don Martin, fetch me my coin purse.”
If her friend’s husband seemed nonplussed by the request, he hid it well and did as requested, transferring the large pouch into her hands. Catalina then made her way through the host of soldiers, which numbered in the dozens, pressing a coin into each man’s hands, calling every one of them a “Brave soldier of Christ” as she did so.

Great update! Good to see that the African campaign has gone well with some conquests. Wonder how this will affect Ottoman-Spanish relations later down the line.

Great update! Good to see that the African campaign has gone well with some conquests. Wonder how this will affect Ottoman-Spanish relations later down the line.

Good the African campaign has gone well.

Catalina will be well remembered fir giving out the coins this day.
The North African campaign has definitely gone very well, and it will lay the foundations for a strong Spanish presence in that region... The Spanish will definitely be assertive against the Ottomans, though their focus will be on combating their influence in North Africa. Thank you both very much!

The North African campaign has definitely gone very well, and it will lay the foundations for a strong Spanish presence in that region... The Spanish will definitely be assertive against the Ottomans, though their focus will be on combating their influence in North Africa. Thank you both very much!
So they’ll mostly be defending their current territory

Oh, I see, hopefully Catalina treats the natives ther well.
Well they will be treated decently enough (by the standards of the time) the Muslims among then have to pay special taxes and will essentially be second-class citizens... However, they won't be forced to convert, and will be protected, so they'll be treated better than how her parents treated the Moors of Granada..

Chapter 50, March 1512
Hertford Castle, Kingdom of England, March 1512

The little girl in front of her giggled as she ran,”You can’t catch me mama!”
Giovanna joined in the merriment as she too ran, lifting up her skirts,”You think so Joanna? I think I shall prove you wrong.”
She soon caught up with her daughter, as she quickened her pace, and tickled her as she took young Joanna into her arms. The restless Joanna wiggled in her arms, and Giovanna set her daughter back onto the grass with a smile. The two walked companionably, for the Dowager Queen’s ladies were a decent distance behind them, close enough to attend to their needs, but far enough away as to intrude on them. “What are we going to do now mama?”
The gravel of the path crunched beneath her shoes as she answered her daughter,”We are going to see Catherine and Charles, they have likely finished with their lessons.”
Little Joanna nodded, a lock of her brown hair dangling down to her cheek. Mother and daughter entered the red-bricked building, making their way in just before the servants would start their mad rush to start dinner. Soon enough they joined the rest of their little family, as Giovanna swung the door to her chambers open. There she found her mother sitting, showing Charles and Catherine her book of hours, pointing at the rich illustrations within. The young Duke of Somerset squirmed off of his grandmother’s lap and ran towards his mother, and exclaimed,”Mama!”
Giovanna smiled warmly as her son hugged her leg, and looked to see her mother chuckling, at this while Catherine remained more restrained, turning a page of her step grandmother’s book. Joanna for her part joined her sisters and grandmother, gawking at the book of hours. Giovanna stroked her son’s forehead, feeling truly happy for the first time in nearly a year. This reverie soon ended with a polite rap on the door.

Her friend Elizabeth Howard came through said door, with an expression that betrayed only the slightest hint of agitation.
“What is it Elizabeth? Is everything well?” She asked
The other woman replied,”Pray, come with me, I have something to tell you.”
Giovanna bent down to meet her son’s nervous gaze,”I am sure everything is fine Charles, go join your sisters, I will be back soon. The boy did not seem entirely convinced but turned and went to them anyways. With that, Giovanna and Elizabeth exited the room into the hall, and the Dowager Queen asked a series of anxious questions,”What is it? Is Henry sick? Or is it young George?”
She took a deep breath and added,”Oh God please tell me nothing has happened to them!”
Elizabeth sighed,”No they are both well, but I still bring ill tidings nonetheless. The Queen of Denmark brought a stillborn son into the world last month.”
Giovanna gasped,”Oh no, poor Mary. Is she in good health?”
“Yes, she is, but she is deeply saddened.”
“Then I must write to her tonight… I don’t want the children told, at least not for a few days, I would not have them distressed by this until I can also comfort them.”
The Lady Elizabeth embraced her friend,”Of course madam. I am sorry that this has happened, you already have had much to deal with.”
Giovanna shook her head,”It is not I who you should be sorry for, though I always appreciate the comfort you give me.”
The woman then turned back to the door, smiling and putting on a show of being untroubled, which like all else she did, was for the sake of her children.