Poor Giovanna:'( RIP Henry. So who will take over in the succession?
Life hasn't exactly been kind to her, but Giovanna at least had nearly a decade of a loving marriage... It doesn't make it any easier for her, but she'll at least remember him fondly.. Henry, Prince of Wales will become Henry VIII here, as the eldest son, and Prince Charles, the Duke of Somerset is heir presumptive to his half brother...

Life hasn't exactly been kind to her, but Giovanna at least had nearly a decade of a loving marriage... It doesn't make it any easier for her, but she'll at least remember him fondly.. Henry, Prince of Wales will become Henry VIII here, as the eldest son, and Prince Charles, the Duke of Somerset is heir presumptive to his half brother...
Interesting. Let's see how Henry VIII and Prince Charles go. Henry will certainly be remembered as king

Rip Henry. Hopefully Giovanna can find some comfort in her children.
She certainly will, and she'll also focus on Catherine's upbringing as well, as Henry essentially wrote in his will that she was to raise Catherine, Joanna and Charles... It'll probably be a bit easier on Charles than Joanna as Joanna is old enough to comprehend and feel her father's death... Thank you very much!

Last edited:
An inopportune moment for old Henry to die I’d say. Now, Henry VIII will have to take over during this war, and, if I know him right, He’ll spend much more money on it than his father ever would have, and likely with very little to show for it.

On a different note, this was a wonderfully sad chapter. I felt Giovanna’s pain on his death. At least Henry got a few more good years with her, and now he is with Elizabeth again :)

An inopportune moment for old Henry to die I’d say. Now, Henry VIII will have to take over during this war, and, if I know him right, He’ll spend much more money on it than his father ever would have, and likely with very little to show for it.

On a different note, this was a wonderfully sad chapter. I felt Giovanna’s pain on his death. At least Henry got a few more good years with her, and now he is with Elizabeth again :)
Definitely not the best of timing, and as you say Henry VIII may spend plenty of money without any concrete results... Thank you very much, I normally don't feel very confident writing death and grief... You are right, he at least died a little happier here...

It will be interesting to say the least, though Henry VIII may not be quite as notorious here... Thank you!
Having a brother to be his heir, and having been allowed a little more freedom in his teens may curb some of his more reckless urges now that he's King, at least. He'll be a little more secure and won't feel he has to play the man quite as much just to prove he can...

I thought you wrote Henry's final moments very well. Looking forward to more!

Having a brother to be his heir, and having been allowed a little more freedom in his teens may curb some of his more reckless urges now that he's King, at least. He'll be a little more secure and won't feel he has to play the man quite as much just to prove he can...

I thought you wrote Henry's final moments very well. Looking forward to more!
He won't be (quite) as much of an ass to his wife here, but Henry is Henry, so we'll have to see... Thank you so much, as I said before I'm not the most confident when it comes to writing death, so thank you so much for your praise!

I believe who being married to the pretty Eleanor, who is younger than him and the best match available in Europe, will do a lot of good to Henry.