Uh oh! Mistress Popincourt isn’t going to last long as Mary and Katherine’s tutor after this, is she? King Henry also seems to be in very poor health, though he’s made it longer than IOTL.
Perhaps not, but that would require Giovanna telling Henry of this, and she may feel like informing him would be a betrayal to her stepson... She may however keep an eye on the woman's open conduct. .. Yeah, he's not doing very well, but he may make it through the year... Thank you so very much!

Chapter 39, December 1510
Alcázar of Seville, Kingdom of Castile, December 1510

Catalina smiled as she looked down upon the sleeping infant in her arms. Little Martin was not closely related to her, yet he may as well have been, for she felt the same joy that she experienced when she held little Catarina in her arms. The child, now six months old, was a large, healthy boy, with the promise of a bright future. Said future was one that Catalina would carefully guide, for she wanted to do well by her friend Maria and her husband Gabriel Fernández Manrique, perhaps you will command my nephew’s Tercios’ one day, little one, and become another Gran Capitan…. She passed the baby over to Maria, who was visibly relieved, as for the past month, Martin was constantly crying and not sleeping well, a sign that some of his teeth were coming early. As she put the baby into his cradle Maria softly murmured,”That’s much better Martin, I hope that this will be a long reprieve from your pains.”
Maria’s husband, Gabriel, quietly entered the room, thoroughly surprised by his son’s suddenly calm demeanor. He bowed his head slightly to Catalina and whispered,”A courier informed me that your stepmother, the Queen of Aragon, is with child again.”
The smile on Catalina’s lips faded, for this could complicate her plans for the King of Castile…. She nodded at this,”Thank you for informing Don Gabriel… Let us hope that the child is a girl, so that the King will inherit Aragon from his grandfather.”
Gabriel bowed,”Of course milady.”
Catalina chuckled quietly at this,”That is hardly necessary, you are Steward of my household, not some errand boy. You needn’t be so formal in private.”
Maria de Salinas smirked,”Can’t you see Catalina, my dear husband is intimidated by you… You give him your dearest friend’s hand in marriage, and a position in court, so he does not wish to upset you.”
She turned back to her friend’s husband, smiling,”You don’t need to worry about your position… So long as you’re a good husband to Maria you will want for nothing.”

Last edited:
Great update! Looks like the Iberian Union is at risk again! Wonder what will happen if the child is a girl though, she'd probably married off to some foreign noble. Also does Louis XII have the same luck with sons ittl as in otl?

Great update! Looks like the Iberian Union is at risk again! Wonder what will happen if the child is a girl though, she'd probably married off to some foreign noble. Also does Louis XII have the same luck with sons ittl as in otl?
Thank you very much! The union of Aragon and Castile would certainly be at risk if the child proves to be a boy, so we'll have to see how things proceed... If the child is a girl, it would indeed be married off to another nation, with Navarre being most likely... Louis XII is just as unlucky here, and will be succeeded by his soon to be son-in-law, Francis....

Thank you very much! The union of Aragon and Castile would certainly be at risk if the child proves to be a boy, so we'll have to see how things proceed... If the child is a girl, it would indeed be married off to another nation, with Navarre being most likely... Louis XII is just as unlucky here, and will be succeeded by his soon to be son-in-law, Francis....
Oh I see, although the child could be married of to Manuel I (if he is widowed as in otl)

Perhaps, but it wouldn't be the biggest age gap in European History, especially in this era.

Will she be playing any role in the future, or has she become a minor character?
I suppose, but it would be more of the issue that Manuel would want a wife that he can actually marry within a year after he is widowed.. Yes she will continue to play a role here, I just haven't mentioned her for a while...

I suppose, but it would be more of the issue that Manuel would want a wife that he can actually marry within a year after he is widowed.. Yes she will continue to play a role here, I just haven't mentioned her for a while...
True enough, can't wait to see what happens next!