If there’s one thing you can count on it’s that Henry Tudor will always be attracted to a Boleyn girl!
That's true, but at first it'll be someone else... Thank you!
Actually, Mary/Henry could be quite lovely here. If he hasn't got ultimate power yet, because he's just Prince of Wales, I could see him being a much more generous lover than he was OTL.

Anyway, I loved the chapter, and Giovanna is right to be concerned... 😂
Yes they certainly could be, we'll have to see when Mary is old enough though... Thank you so much!
Great update! Not even a day married and Henry already has an affair, typical Henry!
Thank you very much! We'll have to see who his first (of several) mistress is...
Well at least here his fiancée will not find herself rejected in favor of her own aunt...
True, even if she does have to deal with Henry's wandering eye I imagine they'll have some more loving moments..
No way, she was by miles one of the most unlucky princesses of her time. And her wedding to Henry can not be worse than her OTL one to Francis I
Very true, being told," You have to marry the old King of Portugal, who married two of our aunts, oh and by the way they both died in childbirth so good luck!" must have been pretty demoralizing (Manuel was still one of the best husbands of the time though)... Having to leave her daughter to marry a man who completely ignored her for being his enemy's sister was also pretty awful...
True, but you never know with Henry
Well he won't be quite as bad, but there will be some times when he's a jerk...

I meant the Duke of Somerset, Charles, I have the name right don’t I?
Oh yes you do... Sorry I flaked out a little bit... He'll no doubt play an important role in the future, and does already as he makes Henry VII less concerned about the Tudor male line... He'll also be heir presumptive until his half brother has a son..

Oh yes you do... Sorry I flaked out a little bit... He'll no doubt play an important role in the future, and does already as he makes Henry VII less concerned about the Tudor male line... He'll also be heir presumptive until his half brother has a son..
Don’t worry, I should’ve specified which Charles I was referring to. So I guess that means Henry VIII won’t be as desperate to get a son out, which means Eleanor will have an easier time at it. I wonder what Charles’s personality will be like, will he take after his Father or his brother.

Don’t worry, I should’ve specified which Charles I was referring to. So I guess that means Henry VIII won’t be as desperate to get a son out, which means Eleanor will have an easier time at it. I wonder what Charles’s personality will be like, will he take after his Father or his brother.
There will indeed be a bit less pressure on having son, though it will still be very important to Henry... Charles will mostly take after his father, and his mother to some extent as well... His brother, who dotes on him, will have some influence over him as well...

There will indeed be a bit less pressure on having son, though it will still be very important to Henry... Charles will mostly take after his father, and his mother to some extent as well... His brother, who dotes on him, will have some influence over him as well...
I see, can’t wait for the next update!

That's true, but at first it'll be someone else... Thank you!

Yes they certainly could be, we'll have to see when Mary is old enough though... Thank you so much!

Thank you very much! We'll have to see who his first (of several) mistress is...

True, even if she does have to deal with Henry's wandering eye I imagine they'll have some more loving moments..

Very true, being told," You have to marry the old King of Portugal, who married two of our aunts, oh and by the way they both died in childbirth so good luck!" must have been pretty demoralizing (Manuel was still one of the best husbands of the time though)... Having to leave her daughter to marry a man who completely ignored her for being his enemy's sister was also pretty awful...

Well he won't be quite as bad, but there will be some times when he's a jerk...
That after a serie of failed engagements (after being rejected by Henry, she was offered to the Duke of Lorraine and to Louis XII, then we had proposed weddings with Sigismund of Poland and her cousin Joao of Portugal, and her stopped romance with Frederick of Palatinate) and after she was widowed she was offered/engaged first to Charles of Bourbon then to Francis I and she had good reasons for not being thrilled by either match). Henry VIII is not an easy man but Eleanor is younger than him, pretty, the best match in all Europe and would likely see him as her shining knight and will be an obedient and devoted wife.

I think this point is debatable, but I also think that the descriptions of her were mostly done in her thirties while she was Queen of France. She could very well have been a stunner as a younger woman. Still, I agree that Eleanor would be perfectly happy married to Henry and he would be pleased enough with her as long as she gives him a son.

I think this point is debatable, but I also think that the descriptions of her were mostly done in her thirties while she was Queen of France. She could very well have been a stunner as a younger woman. Still, I agree that Eleanor would be perfectly happy married to Henry and he would be pleased enough with her as long as she gives him a son.
As young girl she was described as pretty or beautiful. Francis was not attracted by her but she still was not ugly in her 30s

As young girl she was described as pretty or beautiful. Francis was not attracted by her but she still was not ugly in her 30s
True, she is a beautiful young woman but will still have some initial competition...

Well he's not happy that he isn't inheriting Spain, but he's being raised by his Aunt Margaret at the moment.... Another plus for him is that he'll marry a Tudor lady that isn't his cousin...
I think who marrying the most beautiful princess in Europe will be a good consolation (well, considering who his brother’s wife is the only true rival of his own the Habsburg boys are lucky men)

I think who marrying the most beautiful princess in Europe will be a good consolation (well, considering who his brother’s wife is the only true rival of his own the Habsburg boys are lucky men)
You are definitely right, and Catherine Tudor's personality will suit his own well enough...

Chapter 38, August 1510
Windsor Palace, Kingdom of England, August 1510

She stood in the dining room, ready to make her exit, her husband’s hands in hers. The older man, though thin, placed a hand on his nearly nonexistent belly,”That was an excellent meal Giovanna, the grapes that your uncle sent for your birthday were delicious! Where did he say they were from again?”
“In his letter he wrote that they were from Cariñena, he claims that is where the finest grapes in all Aragon are grown.”
Henry chuckled,”I am afraid that I must agree with your uncle on their quality.”
As the two made to walk to his chambers together, where, some financial ledgers awaited Henry, they happened upon a courier in the Tudor livery. The man quickly bowed before handing the king a letter. As Henry read the letter, the courier explained its contents,”King John of Denmark was thrown from his horse a few weeks ago, and has died from his infection. The Herredag assembly has confirmed his son Christian’s election as King of Denmark. King Christian wants to know when he can wed the Lady Mary…”
The King nodded at this,”I will draft a letter offering my condolences, and I will send my daughter to Denmark within the next year…. “ He paused, violently coughing into his hand, something which made Giovanna anxious, but after a few moments it abatted and he continued,”In the spring, after her fifteenth birthday, she’ll have a dowry of three hundred thousand crowns.”
“Of course, your majesty.”
With that, the courier left, and Henry turned to Giovanna,”Would you tell Harry of his sister’s impending departure? It would be best if you were the one to inform him.”
“Of course, Henry… Don’t work yourself too hard, do you not wish to see Harry wed?”
Her husband sighed,”Of course I do my love, but I must ensure that I carry on with the business of the Kingdom.”
Giovanna frowned at this, and Henry hugged her,”Maybe when I am done with my papers we can go see Charles and Joanna in the nursery… Does that sound good to you?”
“Yes it does, I will see you then.”

Giovanna made her way through the palace’s hallways, methodically, so as not to disturb anyone. She stopped a few paces outside Henry’s chambers, shocked at what she heard grunts emanating from the room, and in between them she heard her stepson praise the woman he was with,”Oh Mademoiselle Popincourt, this must not be your first time...”
There was giggling at this, as the two continued.
Shortly afterward a high-pitched voice frantically cried out,”Oui, oui, mon dieu, comme ça, plus dur!”
Giovanna was horrified at this, not necessarily of what was happening, but that she had stumbled upon it, and heard of this most private act. What’s more, as she slinked away she wondered if Jane, who in her mid-twenties, and teaching her stepdaughters French, was really a good choice as their tutor, as she seemed to lack virtue…

Last edited:
Uh oh! Mistress Popincourt isn’t going to last long as Mary and Katherine’s tutor after this, is she? King Henry also seems to be in very poor health, though he’s made it longer than IOTL.