Great update! Don’t like how Catherine is taking a Nazi like approach by forcing Muslims to wear the Star and Crescent. Also who are the Morisco? Are they the Moroccans?

Great update! Don’t like how Catherine is taking a Nazi like approach by forcing Muslims to wear the Star and Crescent. Also who are the Morisco? Are they the Moroccans?
Thank you very much... It's unfortunate but without a 1492ish POD, I really can't see them being well-tolerated, though she at least allows them to remain in North Africa provided that they obey her laws... The Morisco are former Muslims that converted to Christianity and were viewed with suspicion because of their conversion...

Last edited:
Thank you very much... It's unfortunate but without a 1492ish POD, I really can't see them being well-tolerated, though she at least allows them to remain in North Africa provided that they obey her laws... The Morisco are former Muslims that converted to Christianity and were viewed with suspicion because of their conversion...
Ah, I see. Can’t wait for the next update!

Chapter 37, June 1509
Windsor Castle, Kingdom of England, June 1509

There was a stifling heat in the air, and Giovanna was grateful for the cool goblet of wine that she held in her hand. Her stepson Henry had a handful of freshly picked flowers in his hands, grinning as he passed most of them over to his sisters. They were Columbines, beautiful flowers, their inner white petals flanked by pale violet ones. All three; Mary, Catherine, and Joanna smiled broadly as they received them, and Joanna hugged her half-brother’s leg. Henry chuckled in response, and picked her up, with his other hand, planting an affectionate kiss on her cheek. Soon enough the youngest Tudor girl was distracted by a fluttering bird, and she turned to Henry, asking,”What bird is that Harry?”
Said bird soon landed upon the branch of a large Oak, and as it energetically tweeted at another of its kind Henry answered her, awkwardly mumbling as he did so,”It’s a… uh... titmouse.”
The young man turned scarlet, and Mary laughed quietly, covering her mouth as she did so. Catherine and Joanna were understandably confused by this, and Catherine poured a goblet of water, took a sip from it, and as she poured another called to her sister,”Come have some water Joanna, you need to have some if we want to keep playing, you wouldn’t want to get sick from the heat…”
Henry set Joanna back on the grass, and the toddler nodded,”I guess I will if you want me to.”
Giovanna smiled as he gazed upon the scene, Joanna obeying the ever-attentive Catherine, who, along with Mary Boleyn and Giovanna, were the women that the toddler seemed to listen to most. Lost in her reverie, Giovanna did not notice that her stepson had approached where she sat, remaining flowers in hand. The young man smirked and cleared his throat,”I have some for you as well, lady stepmother.”
Turning her head back to him, Giovanna chuckled and took the Columbines into her hand. As she inhaled the sweet scent of the flowers, she gave him a wide smile,”Thank you Harry; you are very sweet.”
Henry inclined his head,”It was only fair that I gave you some, you have done much to make things better for me and my father.”
As her stepson returned to speaking with Mary, of gossip judging by the tone of the laughter, Giovanna thought,”I hope it is only us that he means to charm, the last thing we need is a mistress wrapping him around her finger.”

If there’s one thing you can count on it’s that Henry Tudor will always be attracted to a Boleyn girl!

Actually, Mary/Henry could be quite lovely here. If he hasn't got ultimate power yet, because he's just Prince of Wales, I could see him being a much more generous lover than he was OTL.

Anyway, I loved the chapter, and Giovanna is right to be concerned... 😂

Well at least here his fiancée will not find herself rejected in favor of her own aunt...
True, that must've hurt though now that I think about it, being told your going to be Queen one day only to find out your fiancée chose to marry your Aunt over you.

Divorced, beheaded, died, divorced, beheaded, survived
She would get an honorable annulment (and only if she was unable to give Henry an heir), with much less drama than OTL and as she was younger than Henry (and 13 years younger than her aunt) things would go in any case in a much different way

She would get an honorable annulment (and only if she was unable to give Henry an heir), with much less drama than OTL and as she was younger than Henry (and 13 years younger than her aunt) things would go in any case in a much different way
True, but you never know with Henry