I am very glad Giovanna is happy. Lots of close friends and a child to raise.

Joanna needs to do something perhaps to gain more exclusive control of Francis- perhaps taking control of whom his mistresses are and making sure he has time/stamina to be with her instead? Cannot make babies if they do not do the act cos he’s spent elsewhere.

I am very glad Giovanna is happy. Lots of close friends and a child to raise.

Joanna needs to do something perhaps to gain more exclusive control of Francis- perhaps taking control of whom his mistresses are and making sure he has time/stamina to be with her instead? Cannot make babies if they do not do the act cos he’s spent elsewhere.
Yeah she's done well for herself, there's no doubting that. Joanna indeed should do something like that, but she may not quite be assertive enough to do so. Still, she may ensure she catches her husband's eye at some point...

Greenwich Palace, Kingdom of England, October 1526

The kick made her sink back into her chair just as she had gotten ready to get up. It didn’t concern her, however, as the only person who would ever kick the Queen of England was her unborn child.

Part of Eleanor was happy, another baby would be nice, and of course, could be used to help secure more alliances one day. Another part of her, however, was terrified, given what had happened with her last pregnancy. Her physician, Dr. Guersye, had told her that she’d be due in February. He had also assured her that more often than not the next child after a stillbirth is healthy, she just had to relax. Doortje too was with child again, though the Baroness Pole had only discovered this a month ago. If they were lucky, both would have another child by spring’s end. The Queen of England had hoped to go visit her children this morning, but first, there was a meeting with the Lord Chancellor. Wolsey was a friend, and a powerful ally to have. So, when the Cardinal entered her privy chambers, a small smile came across her face.

She plopped an almond into her mouth. It was dusted with sugar and cinnamon, which the woman naturally found quite tasty, though usually, she was not too fond of almonds themselves. This pregnancy, it seemed, brought strange cravings with it.

“Prince or Princess? What would you think most likely?” Eleanor asked

“Surely you mean Lady of England, Your Majesty?”

“I do not. If I meant it, I would have said it. If my child is a girl will be a Princess of England.”

Cardinal Wolsey shook his head,”But it’s a tradition, one that has existed for…”

He was cut off by Eleanor’s cutting tone and the wave of her hand,”It’s utterly foolish. Imagine how silly it would be if I was called a Lady of Austria rather than an Archduchess? Anyone who cannot tell the difference between a Prince of Wales and Princess of England is deluded and beyond help…”

She waved her hand in the cardinal’s direction again, silencing his objection before it could begin,”Henceforth lawful daughters of the King of England shall be known as Princess, while sons shall be known as Prince, followed by their title.”

“But the King…” Wolsey blanched

“Can be convinced. I’ve given him two strong sons, and for all we know this may be yet another one.”

Cardinal Wolsey dipped his head slightly,”Very well then, if Your Majesty thinks His Majesty will approve I shall support you.”

He clearly wasn’t overly enthused, but the Queen knew that he seldom expressed much in the way of emotion,“Very good.” Eleanor smirked,”He’ll see reason I’m sure.”

The cardinal gestured towards the other side of the desk“Well there’s another matter that we must discuss, may I?”

“Of course, Cardinal Wolsey, it’s always a pleasure to converse with you.”

He then took the seat across from her and smiled gently as he met Johanne’s gaze from where she was sewing.

Turning back to the Queen, the man frowned,“I’m afraid that I don’t have the best of news for you, Your Majesty. The Great Turk has invaded your brother-in-law’s kingdom and King Louis perished after being defeated in battle against them.”

Eleanor, usually one to keep her composure at such things, gasped and frantically asked“They’ve conquered Hungary?! Is Mary safe, please tell me she’s safe?!”

“Mostly yes.” The man answered,”King Louis may have fallen at Mohács, but with your sister safe in the northwest she may be able to rally what’s left of the Hungarian forces. Bohemia and Hungary will have to elect a new King soon.”

“I’m relieved that my poor sister is safe at least. I trust that they’ll accept that my uncle Ernst is the rightful King of Bohemia and Hungary?”
“I should hope so.” Wolsey nodded,”He’s Louis’s nephew after all, and as you know the Voivode of Transylvania has been his stepfather for four years now. He’ll support Ernst, if only to protect his interests.”

Eleanor of Austria pushed a paper to the side,”That’s good, very good. See to it that the Pope and my brothers can agree to send aid to his cause.”

“In that, I think they can all agree, repelling the infidel from the gates of Christendom is a holy duty.”

The Queen nodded her head, the religious convictions of others could be useful, especially if it meant keeping Hungary aligned with her family,”You ought to frame this as such to His Majesty as well. If we convince him to fund such a cause it will only help Ernst and his chances.”

“Indeed.” Wolsey replied,”His Majesty is Defender of the Faith and will be happy to support Ernst, if it forgives him of his sins…”

Eleanor munched on another almond, Excellent, when we coordinate our efforts there’s nothing that can stop Wolsey and I…
I hope Eleanor give Henry a third son

Relevant Family Trees and Engagements, December 1526
As there have been some requests here are family trees as of December of 1526, though please note that some thus far childless marriages are not included.

House of Tudor

King Henry VIII of England (b.1491) m. Eleanor of Austria, Queen of England (b,1498) had issue, also has illegitimate issue by b) Jane Popincourt (b.1484), c) Elizabeth, "Bessie" Blount (b.1498), and d) Caroljin van Honing (b.1500)
1b) John Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond (b.1511) m. Margarery Kymbe, Duchess of Richmond (b.1506), no living issue yet
2a) Prince Henry, Duke of Cornwall (b. 1514, d.1514)
3c) Jasper Fitzroy, Duke of Clarence (b.1515) eng. Agnes Willoughby, heiress to the Barony Willoughby de Eresby (b.1512)
4a) Princess Mary Tudor (b.1516) eng. King James V of Scotland (b.1512)
5a) Princess Elizabeth Tudor (b.1517, d.1518)
6a) Prince Henry, Duke of Cornwall (b.1521) eng. Maria de Aviz, Infanta of Portugal (b.1520)
7d) Bridget Fitzroy (b.1522)
8a) Prince Edward, Duke of York (b.1523)
9a) Stillborn daughter (1524)
10d) Alice Fitzroy (b.1525)
11a) Unborn child, expected February 1527

House of Tudor (Somerset Branch)
Prince Charles, Duke of Somerset (b.1509) m. Anne Boleyn, Duchess of Somerset (b.1503) has issue
1) George Tudor, Earl of Kendal (b.1526)

House of Fitzroy (Richmond Branch)
John Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond (b.1511) m. Margarery Kymbe, Duchess of Richmond (b.1506), no living issue yet
1) Stillborn son (December 1526)

House of Oldenburg

Christian II of Denmark (b.1481) m. Mary Tudor, Queen of Denmark (b.1496) has issue
1) Stillborn son (1512)
2) John, Crown Prince of Denmark* (b.1514) eng. Isabella of Poland (b.1517)
3) Dorothea of Denmark (b.1516, d.1516)
4) Christina of Denmark (b.1519) eng. Crown Prince* Sigismund of Poland (b.1520)
5) Elisabeth of Denmark (b.1521)
6) Henrik I of Sweden (b.1523) eng. Anna Sture (b.1518)
7) Margaret of Denmark (b.1526, d.1526)

House of Jagellion

King Sigismund I of Poland (b.1467) m. Isabella of Austria, Queen of Poland (b.1501) has issue, also has OTL illegitimate issue
1) Isabella of Poland (b.1517) eng. John, Crown Prince of Denmark (b.1514)
2) Crown Prince Sigismund of Poland (b.1520) eng. Christina of Denmark (b.1519)
3) Eleanor of Poland (b.1521)
4) Wojciech of Poland (b.1523, d.1523)
5) Phillip of Poland (b.1523)
6) Sophia of Poland (b.1526)

House von Habsburg (Imperial Branch)

Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor (b.1500) m. Catherine of England, Holy Roman Empress (b.1503) has issue, also has illegitimate issue by Johanna Maria van der Gheynst (b.1505)
1a) Elisabeth of Austria (b.1520) eng. Ernst I of Hungary (b.1518)
2b) Gertrude of Austria (b.1521)
3a) Phillip of Austria (b.1521)
4a) Mary of Austria (b.1523)
5a) Maximillian of Austria (b.1525)

Casa de Habsburgo (Spanish Habsburgs)

Ferdinand VI of Spain (b.1503) m. Isabella of Portugal, Queen of Spain (b.1503), has issue
1) Juan, Prince of Asturias (b.1519)
2) Infanta Maria (b.1520, d.1520)
3) Infante Ferdinand, Duke of Estremera (b.1522)
4) Miscarriage (1524)
5) Infante Alfonso (b.1525)

Casa de Avis

Joao III of Portugal (b.1502) m. Catarina of Aragon (b. 1507), has issue
1) Afonso, Prince of Portugal (b.1523, d.1523)
2) Beatriz, Princess of Portugal (b.1524)

House of Lorraine

Francis of Lorraine (b.1517) eng. Anne of Cleves (b.1515)

*Yes I'm aware that the title technically didn't exist, but this is to keep me from going insane.

Last edited: