THE YELLOW WAVE- J.A.K. Mackay

This was a novel written in 1895 by an Aust poet and soldier, James MacKay, which played on white Aust fears at the time of being invaded and overrun by 'Asian hordes', and hypothesises on the fullscale invasion of Aust by overwhelming Chinese forces. This anti-Asian phobia was a significant factor underlying the Aust colonies' decision to federate in 1900-01. Anybody ever come across this book ?

Tomorrow, when the war began- John Marsden

Melvin Loh said:
This was a novel written in 1895 by an Aust poet and soldier, James MacKay, which played on white Aust fears at the time of being invaded and overrun by 'Asian hordes', and hypothesises on the fullscale invasion of Aust by overwhelming Chinese forces. This anti-Asian phobia was a significant factor underlying the Aust colonies' decision to federate in 1900-01. Anybody ever come across this book ?

I read this series by Marsden, on the same theme. Is the older book any good from a stylistic point of view?

Haven't read

Hey man, I haven't actually read this book- only cam across mention of it when I was reading a book on Aust federation today.