The Years of Potatoes and Chillis

What would have happened in the Americas had they been left to develop themselves?

To get to this assume some sort of ASB level event keeps the Europeans and Asians in their place. A big virus knocks them down to a stone age level or some such. However posted here because the actual point of the discussion is not ASB, it lies on the Americas.

One thing I've always found interesting is how recently the Inca were established when the Europeans showed up.
Then there's the somewhat precarious nature of Mexican society, the development of NE NA natives into rather advanced tribal groupings, etc...

What would have happened in the Americas had they been left to develop themselves?

To get to this assume some sort of ASB level event keeps the Europeans and Asians in their place. A big virus knocks them down to a stone age level or some such. However posted here because the actual point of the discussion is not ASB, it lies on the Americas.

One thing I've always found interesting is how recently the Inca were established when the Europeans showed up.
Then there's the somewhat precarious nature of Mexican society, the development of NE NA natives into rather advanced tribal groupings, etc...

Without horses we will never see the Comanche warriors emerge as the raiders of the plains. Also Apache wouldn´t be quite be known as the raiders ( would tehy still be a major threat to Pueblo Indians ?)
Would be interesting how Pueblo and other farming Indians of North America emerge (Imagine Aztec Empire colonized the Pueblo and other tribes). The Carribean Indians wouldn´t become extinct. Maybe Incas sail to the Carribean Island and establish trade with them ?

Direct contact between the Andean and Mesoamerican might take place eventually, bringing lamas and potatoes to North America, and writting and Mayan mathematical knowledge to the Andean world.

Direct contact between the Andean and Mesoamerican might take place eventually, bringing lamas and potatoes to North America, and writting and Mayan mathematical knowledge to the Andean world.

And from there...?
I can't help but think its the Andeans who best stand to benefit