The Yankee Dominion: A Map and World Building Project

ST15RM

Banned
Love it! I think the Covid outbreak has made a lot of the storyline events kinda impossible. I was thinking of doing an election this year, but that's out of the question now since this world has a Covid outbreak no different then our own. We have two options going forward. There's no reason why we can't do both either, of course. I haven't had the time to come up with a lot of content but I have improved upon my wikibox abilities in recent months. I'll try and think of something today.

1. Continue world building, making maps, infoboxes, thickening some areas of the cannon timeline with extra detail, etc. More sports/media/cultural stuff as well as political history. We can do this at a gingerly pace and wait until the fall to relaunch Our Cousins Across The Water.

2. We simply butterfly the Covid virus away or just run with it and tamper it down more than OTL over time.
i prefer option 2, where we have the virus be tampered down, especially more than iotl in america. although tejas unfortunately may suffer an intense outbreak due to the failure of the jones administration to prevent it, but i can get to that eventually.

I know I am just jumping in here, so forgive me if I'm doing something wrong.

For the North Carolina Premier, I was thinking about Holly Grange (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holly_Grange). She would probably be of the Federalist Party but probably more of the right-wing part of it (given what she said during her Gubernatorial campaign). Tim Moore is another possible choice (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Moore_(North_Carolina_politician))
Dan Forest as well (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Forest)

TTL Governor Roy Cooper could lead the Liberal or Labor Party. (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Cooper)

Last edited:
Important announcement: Due to my increasingly busy work schedule, I have decided to step back a bit as head of this project. It's been beyond my wildest dreams, but I just don't have the time to give the commitment needed for it. Seeing as you have developed this project all on your own, I have no doubt that this program will continue collaboratively, and I'll still be around to add threadmarks, clarify aspects of the cannon, moderate disagreements, and occasionally still contribute. Please feel free to work on this worldbuilding thread and the Our Cousins Across The Water, and please feel free to PM me for any reason if I'm needed.

ST15RM

Banned
Important announcement: Due to my increasingly busy work schedule, I have decided to step back a bit as head of this project. It's been beyond my wildest dreams, but I just don't have the time to give the commitment needed for it. Seeing as you have developed this project all on your own, I have no doubt that this program will continue collaboratively, and I'll still be around to add threadmarks, clarify aspects of the cannon, moderate disagreements, and occasionally still contribute. Please feel free to work on this worldbuilding thread and the Our Cousins Across The Water, and please feel free to PM me for any reason if I'm needed.
ill try to do updates once school's over, but right now i am working on a secret project, so it might be a while.

Kingdom of Ryuku

Capital and Largest City: Shuri
Population: 32,064,877
Size: 40,839km
Leaders:
Monarch: Mamoru Sho
Prime Minister:

Official Languages: Ryukyuan
Recognised Languages: Japanese, Cantonese
GDP: $1.477 Trillion (Nominal), $1.763 Trillion (PPP)
Per Capita: $46,057 (Nominal), $54,987 (PPP)
HDI: 0.89
Gini: 0.28
Largest Contributors to Economy: IT, Services, Tourism
Demographics (Origins): 72% Ryukyuan, 10% Japanese, 6% Hainanese, 4% Korean, 3% Manchurian, 5% Others (2% Filipino, 1% Indian, 2% Others)
Drives on the: Left
Measurement System: Metric
Currency: Ryukyuan Mon
ISO Code: RK
Internet pld: .rk

Largest Cities:
  1. Shuri (OTL Okinawa Island) - 10 Million
  2. Taihoku (OTL Taipei) - 7 Million
  3. Takao (OTL Kaosiung) - 3 Million
  4. Taichu (OTL Taichung) - 2 Million
  5. Tainan - 1.25 Million
  6. Amagi - 750 Thousand
I'll do history and political parties a bit later but brief history is that it is reasonably new country (by new, i mean 60 years old). Ryukyu and Taiwan obviously are much more integrated than in OTL, basically put, the Rykyuan Empire actually go there and are able to fend off colonial empires and integrate the area into the main kingdom and eventually establish trade with many powers and are able to maintain their situation (until the Japanese Emprie take over of course). As a result, OTL Shuri (the historical capital) grows significantly and is now one of the major trading, IT and business centre's in the world.

Last edited:

ST15RM

Banned
Kingdom of Ryuku

Capital and Largest City: Shuri
Population: 32,064,877
Size: 40,839km
Leaders:
Monarch: Mamoru Sho
Prime Minister:

Official Languages: Ryukyuan
Recognised Languages: Japanese, Cantonese
GDP: $1.477 Trillion (Nominal), $1.763 Trillion (PPP)
Per Capita: $46,057 (Nominal), $54,987 (PPP)
HDI: 0.89
Gini: 0.28
Largest Contributors to Economy: IT, Services, Tourism
Demographics (Origins): 72% Ryukyuan, 10% Japanese, 6% Hainanese, 4% Korean, 3% Manchurian, 5% Others (2% Filipino, 1% Indian, 2% Others)
Drives on the: Left
Measurement System: Metric
Currency: Ryukyuan Mon
ISO Code: RK
Internet pld: .rk

Largest Cities:
  1. Shuri (OTL Okinawa Island) - 10 Million
  2. Taihoku (OTL Taipei) - 7 Million
  3. Takao (OTL Kaosiung) - 3 Million
  4. Taichu (OTL Taichung) - 2 Million
  5. Tainan - 1.25 Million
  6. Amagi - 750 Thousand
I'll do history and political parties a bit later but brief history is that it is reasonably new country (by new, i mean 60 years old). Ryukyu and Taiwan obviously are much more integrated than in OTL, basically put, the Rykyuan Empire actually go there and are able to fend off colonial empires and integrate the area into the main kingdom and eventually establish trade with many powers and are able to maintain their situation (until the Japanese Emprie take over of course). As a result, OTL Shuri (the historical capital) grows significantly and is now one of the major trading, IT and business centre's in the world.
dude i thought that we already had a conversation about this idea and that it wouldn't work for ttl.