The Yankee Dominion: A Map and World Building Project

ST15RM

Banned
you know what i may just use your map @VT45 because it'll take less work and the original map doesn't have a projection listed because i guess the government's stupid. but that's beside the point.

VT45

Banned
It looks like it's the same projection as the one I posted in the Base Map Metrication thread, just in a different scale.

ST15RM

Banned
so guys i have this idea, so we know that russia had a civil war, and putin isn't in russian politics, well i think during the russian civil war, putin's parents move to alaska with vlad, and eventually he ends up in politics and, well i think you can see where this is headed...
1584984767426.png

Last edited:

PNWKing

Banned
So here's an idea? What if Hitler's parents moved to Wisconsin and Hitler became an MP at one point. (Probably not PM or anything, but an MP.)

PNWKing

Banned
So what did John D. Rockefeller get up to ITTL?
Actually same question for:
Franklin D. Roosevelt
John F. Kennedy
Averell Harriman
Charles Dawes

ST15RM

Banned
So what did John D. Rockefeller get up to ITTL?
Actually same question for:
Franklin D. Roosevelt
John F. Kennedy
Averell Harriman
Charles Dawes
ok here's my take on them:
rockefeller: standard oil still rises, but under TR is broken up. rockefeller ultimately becomes a donor/philanthropist and his family and once lovecraft takes over the progressive party he helps fund him until his death in '37
FDR: never gets into national politics but does become the premier of new york. he is pro-EPIC, and is widely respected but perhaps not to the extent he is iotl
JFK: he becomes a senator from mass in the 60s and doesn't get assassinated. he dies in 2003.
harriman: another ny governor probably.
dawes: serves under the coolidge ministry in some high-level job, but not deputy pm.

Biden infobox

ST15RM

Banned
alright so i'm taking a page out of @Goweegie2's playbook and doing all the atl versions of the otl 2020 presidential candidates.
starting with ol' joe:
1584998162776.png

Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. is an American politician serving as the Leader of the American Senate since 2008. Biden was raised in Scranton, Pennsylvania, and New Castle County, Delaware. He studied at the University of Delaware before receiving his law degree from Syracuse University. He became a lawyer in 1969 and was elected to the New Castle County Council in 1970. He was appointed to represent Delaware in the Senate by Pierre Trudeau in 1973, and became Leader of the American Senate after jack Layton became prime Minister in 2008.

Last edited:
Sanders infobox

ST15RM

Banned
1585015526146.png

Bernard Sanders (born September 8, 1941) is an American politician who is the current Minister of Labor since 2017, was Minister of the Environment from 2013-2017 and has served as a member of the American Parliament for the riding of Brooklyn North-Long Island City since 2007. An advocate of social democratic and progressive policies, Sanders is known for his opposition to economic inequality and neoliberalism. On domestic policy, he supports labor rights, universal and single-payer healthcare, paid parental leave, tuition-free tertiary education, and an ambitious Green EPIC to create jobs addressing climate change. On foreign policy, he supports reducing military spending, pursuing more diplomacy and international cooperation, and putting greater emphasis on labor rights and environmental concerns when negotiating international trade agreements.

Last edited:
Buttigieg infobox & Wabash Election

ST15RM

Banned
this one's a double whammy: premier pete and the wabash political system.
1585076004404.png

Peter Paul Montgomery Buttigieg is an American politician and who is currently serving as the Premier of Wabash since 2019, earning the nickname "Premier Pete". He represents the riding of South Bend North in the Wabashian Parliament since being elected in 2012. Buttigieg came out as gay in 2015 and is the first openly gay premier in American history.

Political Parties of Wabash
Liberal - Pete Buttigieg:
Center-left. Pretty much exact same policies as national liberal. Dominant left-wing party.
Labor - Cherrish Pryor: Left-wing. Same deal, but they're only popular in and around Williamston.
Green - Sarah Dillon: Left-wing. Ditto. Receives barely any support.
Federalist-Conservative - Todd Huston: Center to center-right. A merger of the more centrist Federalists and the mre right-wing Conservatives. Dominant right-wing party.
Reform - Timothy Maguire: Right-wing. Same as national Reform.
Christian Democratic - Greg Pence: Right-wing to far-right. This is the big Christian Fundamentalist Party. Originally founded by Mike Pence in 1990, he gave the office to his older brother greg in 2017 when he ran for parliament under america first.
1585088031755.png

here's the most recent election, which was a landslide for the liberals.

ST15RM

Banned
okay so there are still a lot of provinces and territories that need systems, maps or both
1585150369562.png

this is, to my knowledge the states of the provincial party systems so far.
green - map and system
light blue - mapped, but no system or system not attached to map
dark blue - map and system, supposedly had an election in 2018
light red - had a system but wasn't liked
dark red - system but no map
gray - has neither a map or a system.

btw i did make the ungava election map, and even a wikibox.
the map:
1585163771878.png
and the wikibox:
1585163783742.png

what i wanna do is to have the far northern territories mapped first since those are the easiest to do. if anybody can map them out i would be happy to do the system since it's literally all gray.
also here's the link to the political parties spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...j5-LLAa3tS-F2CrAzx6bV0ZdY/edit#gid=1150321020

EDIT: st john's does have a system.

Last edited:

ST15RM

Banned
im doing some stuff related to ttl that's gonna take a while, but here's a map of the election in mass in the meantime.
1585434729279.png

RESULT: Moderate Yankee-Federalist Coalition
Elected Premier:
Sheila Harrington

ST15RM

Banned
and vermont too:
1585582885665.png

RESULT: Moderate Yankee Majority
Elected Premier: Phil Scott(Incumbent)

note: for the mass one, i should have clarified that harrington is incumbent

ST15RM

Banned
so since i'm back in (virtual) school i will share what i have been doing over spring break. i will eventually use this sheet to create wikiboxes for each province.
two things that i need to figure out is gdp and date joined, as well as creating more coats of arms for each province. i have turned comments on so if there is a figure that you have calculated that is different than mine you can comment so i can edit it in.

Love it! I think the Covid outbreak has made a lot of the storyline events kinda impossible. I was thinking of doing an election this year, but that's out of the question now since this world has a Covid outbreak no different then our own. We have two options going forward. There's no reason why we can't do both either, of course. I haven't had the time to come up with a lot of content but I have improved upon my wikibox abilities in recent months. I'll try and think of something today.

1. Continue world building, making maps, infoboxes, thickening some areas of the cannon timeline with extra detail, etc. More sports/media/cultural stuff as well as political history. We can do this at a gingerly pace and wait until the fall to relaunch Our Cousins Across The Water.

2. We simply butterfly the Covid virus away or just run with it and tamper it down more than OTL over time.