The Yankee Dominion: A Map and World Building Project

Some potential alternate names for cities in North Carolina:

Charlotte: Charlottetown (original settlement name).
Greensboro: Greensborough (original spelling), Capefair (an original Quaker settlement), Guilford (the name of the county and original courthouse).
Winston-Salem: Winston or Salem by themselves, Wachovia (the Moravian name for the region).
Fayetteville: Campbellton or Cross Creek (the original settlement names), Cumberland (the county name).
Cary: Bradford (after the original settlement of Bradford's Ordinary).
Wilmington: New Carthage, New Liverpool, New Town, or Newton (old settlement names).
Greenville: Martinsborough (original city name).
Asheville: Morristown (original settlement name).
Jacksonville: Onslow (Original settlement and county name).
Huntersville: Craighead (Original town name).
Kannapolis: Cannonopolis, Cannapolis (different spellings), Cannon City (after mill owner James W. Cannon).
Wilson: Toisnot (original settlement name).
Wake Forest: Forest of Wake (original settlement name), Wake Forest College (when Wake Forest University was located there).
Mooresville: Deep Well or Moore's Siding. (original settlement names).
Goldsboro: Goldsborough (original spelling), Waynesborough (original settlement name).
Matthews: Stumptown or Fullwood (original town names).
Fuquay-Varina: Fuquay (original settlement name) or Varina (original post office name).
Statesville: Fort Dobbs or Dobbsville/ton/town (after nearby colonial fort).
Kernersville: Dobsonville/town/ton (after original settlement of Dobson's Crossroads).
Clayton: Stallings (after original settlement of Stalling's Station).
Carrboro: West End, Lloydville, or Venable (original town names).
Clemmons: Clemmonsville (original town name).
Kinston: Kingston (colonial town name) or Caswell (old post-independence name).

Last edited:
Been a bit busy as of late but will get around to a Kingdom of Ryuku (which includes Taiwan) and see what you guys think.

ST15RM

Banned
Been a bit busy as of late but will get around to a Kingdom of Ryuku (which includes Taiwan) and see what you guys think.
ok, the retcon that would take would be massive, and i think another member said that was a bad idea. i think we should keep our countries the way they are now, in terms of borders n stuff.

ok, the retcon that would take would be massive, and i think another member said that was a bad idea. i think we should keep our countries the way they are now, in terms of borders n stuff.

I guess, kinda depending on how integrated Taiwan and the Ryuku Islands are to Japan

ST15RM

Banned
ok so i have some actual content here:
1583537768287.png

here are the 50 legislative districts of hawai'i.
i should add that the minor hawaiian islands (such as midway) are technically part of the western kauai-ni'ihau district, but i didn't bother to add them in because they like otl are uninhabited.

Is there an existing blank version of the riding map? I tried to do it in Inkscape but couldn't work it out. I want to fool around with ideas for what a potential election would look like. When we get to the election itself (I would ideally like to get that going in April-Mayish), we'll decide the results with a poll.

ST15RM

Banned
qJjN1eF.png

so here is my next giant project, a scaled up version of the district map. i have new england, but i will need to get someone to extend the countybam up to canada.