The Yankee Dominion: A Map and World Building Project

ST15RM

Banned
u g h

I didnt even realise they were Indian

Thats cool they only have 1 seat anyway

This is gonna be fun considering ive slacked off on the map for a week and now im going on a roadtrip to Auckland
well, just remember what i said and it shouldn’t be a big deal.
also the british indian ocean territory and lakshadweep are indian, but i think that still means that that whole area gets 1, maybe 2 seats.

ST15RM

Banned
upload_2019-10-1_20-11-49.png

oh boy

ST15RM

Banned
INCREDIBLE.

Sorry for my absence of late. I’ll update Our Cousins Across The Water soon though.
thanks! however, i would like you to not post the map yet, i’m still working on the districts for the metro regions. but as soon as i’m done with that as well as doing the most recent election, you’re good to go.

ST15RM

Banned
btw i am very nearly done with the map, and it will show the most recent election. i’ll make available a blank version for future elections.

Been a while since we've had a proper update so i thought i would propose the Republic of Madagascar and see what everyone thinks. Going to have them be the British colony (and maybe let South Africa be dutch cause it would be an interesting differentiation from otl).

Republic Of Madagascar:

Capital: Shrewsbury
Largest City: Imerina

Official Languages: English, Malagasy
Other Recognised Languages: Tamil, Hindi, Arabic, Telugu, Khosa, Zulu,
Ethnic Groups: European (38%), Madagascan (25%), Indian (15%), African (10%), Middle Eastern/Arabic (5%), Asian (2.5%), Jewish (2%), South American (1.5%), Other (1%)
Major Religions: No Religion (35%), Christianity (30% - Predominantly Anglicanism and Catholicism), Hinduism (12%), Islam (10%), Budhism (5%), Judaism (2%), Other Religions (6%)

Population: 28,643,755
Government: (Federal Parliamentary, Constitutional Republic)
Legislature: Upper House - Senate, Lower House - House of Representatives
HDI: 0.89
Gini: 0.27

Area: 589,552km

GDP Per Capita: $52,655
GDP Total: $1.51 Trillion

Largest Cities:
  1. Imerina (OTL Antananarivo) - 6 Million
  2. Mahajanga - 5 Million
  3. Diego-Suarez (OTL Antisarana) - 2.5 Million
  4. Toliary (OTL Toliara) - 1.75 Million
  5. Oxford (OTL Fianarantsoa) - 1.5 Million
  6. Tamwich (OTL Toamasina) - 1.25 Million
  7. Mankara (OTL Manakara) - 1 Million
  8. Shrewsbury (OTL Antsirabe) - 750 Thousand
  9. Antswich (OTL Antsohihy) - 600 Thousand
  10. Fort Tolanaro (OTL Tolanaro) - 500 Thousand

List of Political Parties:

Labour Party of Madagascar - Centre-Left (Social Democracy, Economic Liberalism (Minority), Social Liberalism (Minority)

Alliance Party of Madagascar - Centre-Right (Neoliberalism, Economic Liberalism, Liberal Conservatism, Third Way)

Minor Parties:

People's Party - Right-Wing (Social Conservatism, Economic Nationalism, Right-Wing Populism)

Green Party of Madagascar
- Centre to Centre-Left (Green Politics, Green Liberalism, Social Liberalism)

Agrarian Party of Madagascar - Centre to Centre-Right (Agrarian Interests, Agrarian Liberalism, Liberal Conservatism, Social Democracy (Minority))

Last edited:

ST15RM

Banned
Been a while since we've had a proper update so i thought i would propose the Republic of Madagascar and see what everyone thinks. Going to have them be the British colony (and maybe let South Africa be dutch cause it would be an interesting differentiation from otl).

Republic Of Madagascar:

Capital: Shrewsbury
Largest City: Imerina

Official Languages: English, Malagasy
Other Recognised Languages: Tamil, Hindi, Arabic, Telugu, Khosa, Zulu,
Ethnic Groups: White (40%), Madagascan (25%), Indian (15%), African (10%), Middle Eastern/Arabic (5%), Asian (2.5%), Other (2.5%)
Major Religions: No Religion (35%), Christianity (30%), Hinduism (12%), Islam (10%), Budhism (5%),

Population: 28,643,755
Government: (Federal Parliamentary, Constitutional Republic)
Legislature: Upper House - Senate, Lower House - House of Representatives
HDI: 0.89
Gini: 0.27

Area: 589,552km

GDP Per Capita: $52,655
GDP Total: $1.51 Trillion

Largest Cities:
  1. Imerina (OTL Antananarivo) - 6 Million
  2. Mahajanga - 5 Million
  3. Diego-Suarez (OTL Antisarana) - 2.5 Million
  4. Toliary (OTL Toliara) - 1.75 Million
  5. Oxford (OTL Fianarantsoa) - 1.5 Million
  6. Tamwich (OTL Toamasina) - 1.25 Million
  7. Mankara (OTL Manakara) - 1 Million
  8. Shrewsbury (OTL Antsirabe) - 750 Thousand
  9. Antswich (OTL Antsohihy) - 600 Thousand
  10. Fort Tolanaro (OTL Tolanaro) - 500 Thousand

List of Political Parties:

Labour Party of Madagascar - Centre-Left (Social Democracy, Economic Liberalism (Minority), Social Liberalism (Minority)

Alliance Party of Madagascar - Centre-Right (Neoliberalism, Economic Liberalism, Liberal Conservatism, Third Way)

Minor Parties:

People's Party - Right-Wing (Social Conservatism, Economic Nationalism, Right-Wing Populism)

Green Party of Madagascar
- Centre to Centre-Left (Green Politics, Green Liberalism, Social Liberalism)

Agrarian Party of Madagascar - Centre to Centre-Right (Agrarian Interests, Agrarian Liberalism, Liberal Conservatism, Social Democracy (Minority))
this actually makes sense that they be british. @Nazi Space Spy i say we change it to this way.

this actually makes sense that they be british. @Nazi Space Spy i say we change it to this way.

Yeah i was thinking make them british (since they'd want their island) and the dutch get all of south africa (and all the retcons that come with that).

Obviously here, the indians that would have gone originally to south africa end up here (hence the high indian population, including otl pakistani and bangladeshis) along with a more diverse population in general (arabic part came from what i read about traders from that region coming to madagascar when they would come down the east coast of africa) Though i'll probably give a better breakdown as well

South Africa is going to be interesting however in that same regard, how their history changes (it probably is a lot more afrinkaaner dominated with little to no british influence).

Last edited: