Federalist: 30 seats
Reform: 9 seats
Democratic: 3 seats
Ecological Action: 3 seats
Independent: 1 seat

Last edited:

Gian

Banned
After looking at this, I'm drawing up a new map.
View attachment 421350
This should just be Pontianak, since it would totally try and gain land from another sultanate. I just don't think that Lanfeng would survive, since it depended on the Qing dynasty back when it was around.
So, for right now, this is what we have for Borneo:
View attachment 421351
1. Sultanate of Pontianak
2. Sultanate of Bulungan
3. Sultanate of Kutai

the grey regions are as of yet still unnamed.

Here's my suggestions:
Large eastern state: Sultanate of Banjar
Western small state: Sultanate of Tanjungpura
Eastern small state: Sultanate of Kotawaringin

The third one i'm not sure of, and even the second one is one the fence since the Sultanate is ancient, however Tanjungpura has historically been a major trading center and port, so...

I would like to ask why wouldn't Lanfang survive, given that it had managed to hold off the Dutch for several years even as the Qing was declining (only managing to succumb in 1884)

Plus, it would make it far more interesting to have a surviving Chinese republic established from the 18th century onwards.

ST15RM

Banned
I would like to ask why wouldn't Lanfang survive, given that it had managed to hold off the Dutch for several years even as the Qing was declining (only managing to succumb in 1884)

Plus, it would make it far more interesting to have a surviving Chinese republic established from the 18th century onwards.
Perhaps they get pushed to the south? Like where Kotawaringin is?

Gian

Banned
Perhaps they get pushed to the south? Like where Kotawaringin is?

Well, I would love for them to stay where they are (Perhaps they continue their alliance with Pontianak, especially since they had friendly relations with the Republic until the arrival of the Dutch)

If Lanfang or something like it is going to exist, best to keep it where the Chinese actually have some relevance:

Religion-Insular-Southeast-Asia-Map.png

But you guys should try and take more initiative - no reason why I should be judge, jury, and executioner for every minor detail. Especially since I have term papers coming up...

Gian

Banned
If Lanfang or something like it is going to exist, best to keep it where the Chinese actually have some relevance:

Religion-Insular-Southeast-Asia-Map.png

But you guys should try and take more initiative - no reason why I should be judge, jury, and executioner for every minor detail. Especially since I have term papers coming up...

And as your religion map shows, you have the Chinese smackdab where Lanfang used to control (and I bet the proportion is higher before the anti-Chinese riots after Indonesia gained its independence)

Gian

Banned
So yeah, I think Pontianak would still be viable even without the Qing to support it. So I think the previous map could be reinstated (maybe have some small bits of land given to Pontianak, while leaving the capital* under Lanfang control)

*said to be 40 km north of Pontianak

upload_2018-11-17_18-39-56-png.421302

ST15RM

Banned
So yeah, I think Lanfang would still be viable even without the Qing to support it. So I think the previous map could be reinstated (maybe have some small bits of land given to Pontianak, while leaving the capital* under Lanfang control)

*said to be 40 km north of Pontianak
Ok then, Lanfang will be part of this. Besides, perhaps the Dutch kept it as a tributary state due to tensions from Qing China. I may want to due a bit of editing to the map, particularly in the the two small southern states since I think they should be part of Banjar. Those areas were in their prime centuries before the Dutch control, so it doesn’t make sense for them to be independent (and Banjar would get a lot of moolah if they had easier access to the straits of Malacca)

ST15RM

Banned
upload_2018-11-20_22-41-10.png

So, some revisions to my World Freedom map.

1. Brazil and Benguela, since they are constitutional monarchies, would be considered free
2. Russia, Belarus(sia), and Lithuania are changed to free. Reformers would want free, liberal democracies. However, perhaps they slip back into authoritarianism who knows)
3. Added Lanfang
Oh, and here's a map of the nation's form of government
upload_2018-11-20_22-42-31.png

Key (it's from SUCK):
upload_2018-11-20_22-43-3.png

ST15RM

Banned
Oh, one quick note of Primorsky. I don't think that name would apply here.
The Japanese called the Amur river "Kokuryū-kō", or the "Black Dragon River," like the Chinese Hēilóng Jiāng. IOTL, there was a group that wanted to keep the Russians north of the Amur River, so the likely name in Japanese would be Kokuryū kokka, "Amur country", or "Amuria".

Article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Dragon_Society

Based on @Oryxslayer's maps:
NgRi03h.png

WvsJ9hK.png

n1Furtg.png

q9XQB17.png

MsTF2o0.png

People's: 63 seats
Heritage: 41 seats
Federalist: 30 seats
Reform: 9 seats
Democratic: 3 seats
Ecological Action: 3 seats
Independent: 1 seat
We can't assume that POC will vote monolithically left-wing like IOTL, things could be different. For example, the People's Party might be too left-wing on social issues for the largely Catholic Hispanics to support, unless the Heritage and Federalist parties are anti-Hispanic (whichever one is the French party shouldn't be too hostile towards Hispanics, since they both share a Latin Catholic background).

We can't assume that POC will vote monolithically left-wing like IOTL, things could be different. For example, the People's Party might be too left-wing on social issues for the largely Catholic Hispanics to support, unless the Heritage and Federalist parties are anti-Hispanic (whichever one is the French party shouldn't be too hostile towards Hispanics, since they both share a Latin Catholic background).
The People's Party has a sizable socially conservative wing, though. And POC don't vote monolithically left-wing - they just vote left-wing at Texas-esque rates (e.g. anywhere between 60% and 70%), and the right-wing vote is more divided.

The People's Party has a sizable socially conservative wing, though. And POC don't vote monolithically left-wing - they just vote left-wing at Texas-esque rates (e.g. anywhere between 60% and 70%), and the right-wing vote is more divided.
Understood, but I don't think that the French southerners would be hostile towards Hispanics, due to them both having a Latin Catholic background, so whichever party is the right-wing French party could be quite accommodating to Hispanics.

Understood, but I don't think that the French southerners would be hostile towards Hispanics, due to them both having a Latin Catholic background, so whichever party is the right-wing French party could be quite accommodating to Hispanics.
I mean, I don't really think that OTL Hispanophobia is religiously based. The Federalists don't get much Hispanic support because the Hispanic population tends to skew low-income (although the other Atlanta suburban seat is far from out of reach), and Heritage doesn't get much Hispanic support because its voters tend to be opposed to immigrants in general, the same way their OTL counterparts (hardcore Trump supporters) are.

I mean, I don't really think that OTL Hispanophobia is religiously based. The Federalists don't get much Hispanic support because the Hispanic population tends to skew low-income (although the other Atlanta suburban seat is far from out of reach), and Heritage doesn't get much Hispanic support because its voters tend to be opposed to immigrants in general, the same way their OTL counterparts (hardcore Trump supporters) are.
Do you think that one Hispanics accrue more wealth, that they will go from a left-wing voting block to a swing group (both ITTL and IOTL)?

I could see The Federalists ITTL and Moderate Republicans IOTL gaining more Hispanic support as more Hispanics are Born in the USA (yeah, I know that song isn't patriotic, but whatever, it's still a dang good song), intermarry with Whites and become more wealthy over time (the same route that the Irish and Italians took).

Do you think that one Hispanics accrue more wealth, that they will go from a left-wing voting block to a swing group (both ITTL and IOTL)?
The ones in suburban Atlanta are already trending that direction ITTL. IOTL, I think they’ll continue to be more left-leaning than the general public, but probably not that much so in not too long.