The Yankee Dominion: A Map and World Building Project

How's this? This is probably gonna be the last graphic I can make until Monday because I am going places.

I'm just making blank maps, you are the guys who are going to build the systems for these states.

View attachment 405456
This is a better color.
Also @Oryxslayer how did you make that map of Maine? From @Chicxulub's map?

Use DRA to draw districts, the transfer them to a template. Same as before. Which is why...

Can you do a 150 seat map for Franklin?

Franklin has a lot of OTL BC, so it goes both much slower and much more inaccurately. I'll take a look at it in the future, but don't expect much immediately.

It also looks like we have all of New England with systems but no New Hampshire. I propose we avoid the cliche of NH town based reps and instead have the state be one of the few ones not using FPTP. Say the Boston exurbs were tired of getting an inadequate voice when compared to the rurals/working class towns. So they pushed for something to reorient the system towards themselves, while also matching their small and representative government outlook. Maybe MMD districts where everyone's of the same ballot like OTL MD? Or Ranked Choice/STV? Something that preserves the absurd size per-say but allows the single-minded SE to dominate the divided North/Central.

ST15RM

Banned
I think some of the designs there (in my honest opinion) kind of do look bland to me, so maybe have @Kanan redesign at least some of them?
I’m just saying, most of our state flags are bland. I mean, it’s not the most important thing on people’s minds.

I took just a quick swipe at a few flags:

Connecticut:
3Ak1QRP.png

Massachusetts:
ZS6YXJ5.png

Rhode Island:
tjHyw03.png

Use 'em, don't use em. It's whatever to me!

Question for people here - It it better to pair Nantucket & Dukes with Fallmouth or with the 'arm' of the cape - everything east of Brewster. The islands match the Arm demographically and demographically, but are closer to Fallmouth.

I'm just making blank maps, you are the guys who are going to build the systems for these states.

Use DRA to draw districts, the transfer them to a template. Same as before. Which is why...

Franklin has a lot of OTL BC, so it goes both much slower and much more inaccurately. I'll take a look at it in the future, but don't expect much immediately.

It also looks like we have all of New England with systems but no New Hampshire. I propose we avoid the cliche of NH town based reps and instead have the state be one of the few ones not using FPTP. Say the Boston exurbs were tired of getting an inadequate voice when compared to the rurals/working class towns. So they pushed for something to reorient the system towards themselves, while also matching their small and representative government outlook. Maybe MMD districts where everyone's of the same ballot like OTL MD? Or Ranked Choice/STV? Something that preserves the absurd size per-say but allows the single-minded SE to dominate the divided North/Central.
I have already made a political system for Franklin on page 37.

New England Provincial Election Maps
Some blank New England Local maps, go crazy with them. I'm on a plane tomorrow, so don't expect speedy responses.

MA: 109 seats ~60K per seat
RI: 53 seats ~20K per seat
VT: 51 seats ~12.5K per seat

NH: 257 seats ~5K people per seat. Chamber is large as expected for NH, but allocated in a manor prepared for a Alternative Vote/MMD system - as I alluded to previously. The idea is that the populated suburbs got the apportionment method changed to favor them, rather than the tiny townships in the north.

0o0R97Y.png

aIdRfKO.png

kiAndu5.png

YT0L1dq.png

Last edited:

ST15RM

Banned
Hey, so unfortunately school is starting tomorrow for me, and i will be very busy. So, it’s not likely that i’ll be uploading much from now till... next June. But hopefully the project can still continue! :)

ST15RM

Banned
220px-Georg_Friedrich_Prinz_von_Preu%C3%9Fen1%2C_Pour_le_Merite_2014.JPG

Heil der Kaiser!

Some context:
Georg I, Kaiser of Germany, is a young fresh face to the monarchy of Germany. He has openly embraced the internet, pledging to spread internet to the whole Reich. In the first few years of his rule, he signed into law the creation of the IW, and made Microsoft and other companies able to sell products. In more recent years, he has helped spark the social media revolution in Germany, having his own Twitter and Facebook page in English and German. He has also helped the democratization of the Reich, putting most of the legislative power to the Reichstag. He is enormously popular among the German people, and has been praised throughout the world for his actions.

Last edited: