The Yankee Dominion: A Map and World Building Project

1581014258619.png

it's been a while since anyone posted, so here are the flags of oceania. the polynesia flag is by reddit user hughmcf. the antipodean and micronesian flag are original designs (the antipodean one is modified from @Gabingston's original design so to not confuse it with france).
@Nazi Space Spy plz threadmark this
EDIT: forgot to mention the melanesia flag is from the ah fandom site

Last edited:
hey guys: im posting this because i wanna see this thread keep going. i have been very busy prepping for term finals and doing equald. so hopefully i can continue doing stuff in march.

Some potential alternate names for cities in North Carolina:

Charlotte: Charlottetown (original settlement name).
Greensboro: Greensborough (original spelling), Capefair (an original Quaker settlement), Guilford (the name of the county and original courthouse).
Winston-Salem: Winston or Salem by themselves, Wachovia (the Moravian name for the region).
Fayetteville: Campbellton or Cross Creek (the original settlement names), Cumberland (the county name).
Cary: Bradford (after the original settlement of Bradford's Ordinary).
Wilmington: New Carthage, New Liverpool, New Town, or Newton (old settlement names).
Greenville: Martinsborough (original city name).
Asheville: Morristown (original settlement name).
Jacksonville: Onslow (Original settlement and county name).
Huntersville: Craighead (Original town name).
Kannapolis: Cannonopolis, Cannapolis (different spellings), Cannon City (after mill owner James W. Cannon).
Wilson: Toisnot (original settlement name).
Wake Forest: Forest of Wake (original settlement name), Wake Forest College (when Wake Forest University was located there).
Mooresville: Deep Well or Moore's Siding. (original settlement names).
Goldsboro: Goldsborough (original spelling), Waynesborough (original settlement name).
Matthews: Stumptown or Fullwood (original town names).
Fuquay-Varina: Fuquay (original settlement name) or Varina (original post office name).
Statesville: Fort Dobbs or Dobbsville/ton/town (after nearby colonial fort).
Kernersville: Dobsonville/town/ton (after original settlement of Dobson's Crossroads).
Clayton: Stallings (after original settlement of Stalling's Station).
Carrboro: West End, Lloydville, or Venable (original town names).
Clemmons: Clemmonsville (original town name).
Kinston: Kingston (colonial town name) or Caswell (old post-independence name).

Last edited:
Been a bit busy as of late but will get around to a Kingdom of Ryuku (which includes Taiwan) and see what you guys think.

Been a bit busy as of late but will get around to a Kingdom of Ryuku (which includes Taiwan) and see what you guys think.
ok, the retcon that would take would be massive, and i think another member said that was a bad idea. i think we should keep our countries the way they are now, in terms of borders n stuff.

ok, the retcon that would take would be massive, and i think another member said that was a bad idea. i think we should keep our countries the way they are now, in terms of borders n stuff.
I guess, kinda depending on how integrated Taiwan and the Ryuku Islands are to Japan

ok so i have some actual content here:
1583537768287.png

here are the 50 legislative districts of hawai'i.
i should add that the minor hawaiian islands (such as midway) are technically part of the western kauai-ni'ihau district, but i didn't bother to add them in because they like otl are uninhabited.

Is there an existing blank version of the riding map? I tried to do it in Inkscape but couldn't work it out. I want to fool around with ideas for what a potential election would look like. When we get to the election itself (I would ideally like to get that going in April-Mayish), we'll decide the results with a poll.

so here is my next giant project, a scaled up version of the district map. i have new england, but i will need to get someone to extend the countybam up to canada.