The Yankee Dominion: A Map and World Building Project

Progressive Peoples Party. Its based of the irl party of the same name

I don't know of an OTL German party of this name. And in German, it would be Progressive Volkspartei or, even better, Fortschrittliche Volkspartei or Volksfortschrittspartei.

Konservative Partei

Am I right that this party is mostly elected by Catholics? Who elects this party ITTL Germany?

Decredited after being part of a coaltion government in the 60s and the early 90s. Was disastrous in government and became extremely unpopular.

Thanks for informing me! When and where was that established?

Again, when and where and by whom? It is unfortunate that the threadmarks, @Nazi Space Spy , are very much Commonwealth-focused and don't help with other nations' canon.
You're getting confused. This is about the Commonwealth. Anything involving other countries is important, but from the Commonwealth's perspective.

@Filo , would you like to contribute on Italy?
I'm always open to new contributors but I'd rather they come through organically TBH. This isn't a closed project persay, it's open to anyone, but let's not loose focus here.

As in the 21st Century?
I was thinking, since for Mexico it was hard to control the Northern areas, that they would start to break away (i'm thinking Tejas, Montezuma, Colorado(Mormon Deseret?) maybe Arizona, and Central America) during the 20s. The erritories in Africa would probably be transferred to some European power. I think the collapse could be similar to the Mexican civil war.

I also updated the map(I did a few tweaks to HowAboutThisForAName's ideas)
View attachment 404340
what do you think?

Very, very helpful. I saw that map already.

But still I have some questions:

1. Did Mexico remain like that? Is Mexico democratic?

2. Did Germany retain these colonies (basically, it is Mittelafrika)? If not - what I think is more plausible - how did they fare?

3. Is there any mention of Austrian or Czech separatism/secessionism? Have these areas seceded? Should that not be the case, shouldn't we (@Riley Uhr ) consider adding an Austrian and a Czech nationalist/separatist party?

By the way, I did search for the word "Germany" and all posts that included the word were either:

a) about nations "similar to Germany" geopolitically (or with similar interests in a specific geopolitical situation)
b) about being allied "to Germany" (e.g. in the case of Brazil - I love a German-Brazilian alliance, @Nazi Space Spy et al.!)
or c) what to me seemed non-canon talk where Germany could have colonies and so on.
I do love the idea of German Australia or German New Guinea or something. Not that I am against your ideas, but I want to contribute to them more without "waiting". Waiting has led to me missing out on German parties for example (even if I have to say that @Riley Uhr did well on them, and I have only few questions remaining)

You are asking for control over one of the most important countries in this ATL. The issue here is that another poster has painstakingly outlined literally the history of the world from 1785 all the way through the 1920s already. He's got dibs on it as far as I'm concerned. You're welcome to propose ideas based in what has already been made, but I'm not ripping up the work already done.

history of the world from 1785 all the way through the 1920s already.

I am not seeking control on that timeframe. I am not at all seeking any "control", but cooperation with whoever does things on Germany. I anyway need support - I can't and won't take over Germany alone. No, I am not the Kaiser!

You're welcome to propose ideas based in what has already been made, but I'm not ripping up the work already done.

Not even asking you to rip anything up, but I want to be able to see what has been done and what has not. Where are all those valuable history posts - they aren't threadmarked after all.

Sorry if you thought I wanted to rip everything up. I didn't want - as an example - a German Republic, or a Communist Germany or something like that.

2. Did Germany retain these colonies (basically, it is Mittelafrika)? If not - what I think is more plausible - how did they fare?

I think decolonisation roughly happens similar to OTL (with the exception of North Africa). Not much has been said so far for Africa, but I have a few ideas.

I am not seeking control on that timeframe. I am not at all seeking any "control", but cooperation with whoever does things on Germany. I anyway need support - I can't and won't take over Germany alone. No, I am not the Kaiser!

Not even asking you to rip anything up, but I want to be able to see what has been done and what has not. Where are all those valuable history posts - they aren't threadmarked after all.

Sorry if you thought I wanted to rip everything up. I didn't want - as an example - a German Republic, or a Communist Germany or something like that.

? The history posts are threadmarked.

I'll be forthright with you: right now, Germany isn't really important overall to this project beyond what @ElectricSheepNo54 noted. Yet it's suddenly dominated the last five pages. Please, can we just wait for Oyrxslayer's imput? That's all I'm asking. You're coming on way to strong about this German stuff. Send him a message and see if he's interested in collaborating. Can we put this matter to rest now?

Please, can we just wait for Oyrxslayer's imput? That's all I'm asking. You're coming on way to strong about this German stuff.

Sorry, what is the problem here? I don't want to take over anything, and I especially don't want to retcon anything that Oryxslayer has established in his world-building history posts. Sorry if you really thought that I planned something like that.

We can wait, but I do want to say that I want to cooperate and not control. I can read through all the history posts (especially what they say about Germany etc.), but - as you said - they only establish things until the 1920s.

Would it be okay if I or we together (@Oryxslayer , @Riley Uhr , @ST15RM , et al.) took this further?