The XK-BAM map series

Map of the Yakut tribes from the 17th century, based on this map.

Attachments

• Yakuts.png
    Yakuts.png
    11 KB · Views: 540
It's the Russian form of Wuyibeiguo(*), the Chinese name for a tribal group mentioned in the Records of the Three Kingdoms, located beyond the Wusun and thus outside of China's direct contact. If we trust that there was something confederacy-shaped in that direction, this tribal confederacy likely corresponds with the Sargat archaeological culture that was thriving in that area at that time. And given the location, this culture would have been Ugric-speaking.

Also, it was the 4th century AD, not BC. It's from the record of the Three Kingdoms after all, not something earlier like the Records of the Grand Historian.

(*): lit. 'north Wuyi country', said to be directly north of Yancai, who are the Alans. The Yancai were located in Kazakhstan, directly south of the Sargat culture.

Last edited:
It's the Russian form of Wuyibeiguo(*), the Chinese name for a tribal group mentioned in the Records of the Three Kingdoms, located beyond the Wusun and thus outside of China's direct contact. If we trust that there was something confederacy-shaped in that direction, this tribal confederacy likely corresponds with the Sargat archaeological culture that was thriving in that area at that time. And given the location, this culture would have been Ugric-speaking.

Also, it was the 4th century AD, not BC. It's from the record of the Three Kingdoms after all, not something earlier like the Records of the Grand Historian.

(*): lit. 'north Wuyi country', said to be directly north of Yancai, who are the Alans. The Yancai were located in Kazakhstan, directly south of the Sargat culture.
It's just that I try to take information from Wikipedia, and sometimes I have to look into other language sections to find information about something. BC and AD is just a typo.

Ugrian state Ui-Beigo. 3rd century AD

View attachment 832255

Useful to mention that this map from c. 400 AD contains artificial man-made reservoirs which were not built by the Soviets until over 1000 years later.

Useful to mention that this map from c. 400 AD contains artificial man-made reservoirs which were not built by the Soviets until over 1000 years later.
*shrug* And it'll need some cleanup. So what?

It's accurate as far as the bounds of the archaeological culture, so all it would take to get the map to reflect the situation of the living culture in the 4th century AD, as opposed to its dead remains in the 21st, is to remove the anachronistic reservoirs.

Hey guys, in which thread should I upload an equirectangular historical map in a style different from the classic AH.com style (basically without borders and a coastline, also 10800x5400 in size)?

De Facto Map of the United Mexican States (Cartel controlled areas and Zapatista Army of National Liberation)
by the way, zapatistas aren't currently a single unified rebel group rn, they have local groups and stuff like that, but it's pretty hard to find data about them, so it's all good

1688917206009.png

1688917223636.png

1688917255785.png

1688917269350.png

A map I did that shows mountain slopes (pretty accurate), dunes (eh, accurate enough) and wetlands (exaggerated but that was the only thing i could find :/)
A map I did that shows mountain slopes (pretty accurate), dunes (eh, accurate enough) and wetlands (exaggerated but that was the only thing i could find :/)

Did a small patch for 8K-BAM
Have you thought of doing these for the 2K-BAM as well? I will try to do it myself, in the most amateur way possible - just simply make them smaller on MS paint and fill out any bad-looking pixels, is there a better way to put these on the 2K?

Edit: Also, has there been a more up-to-date modern-day 2K since this one from 2018?
upload_2018-12-21_20-8-27-png.427629

Last edited: