The XK-BAM map series

Sorry for long link, too big to post.

I remade the colored version, with updates and a new color scheme (Drex's color scheme, yall can change it easily if you want to) and also without subdivisions and glaciers, as those are easy to add but hard to remove and most people who would use this wouldn't use them. Also I had no patience for island boxes so you can add those if you wish too.

Sorry for long link again, made a version with the THICC color scheme.

(Possibly inaccurate)
1850 Asia:
Asia 1850 map.png

@Drex Since you couldn't do the Municipalities of Mexico in the post of your 8K-BAM patches, I took a chance of drawing them with a base I found on google. Here is my WIP of the Municipalities, for Chiapas they have these economic regions composed of 15 in the state so I drew them with the Second-Level Subdivision color while the municipalities are in the Third-Level Subdivioson color. I'll post more updates on the progress. I am doing the best I can and so far looks great.
Mexico Municipalities.png

Chiapas Econimc Regions: https://www.sipaz.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/mapas_datosmapasco_Regiones_Economicas.png
The image I used to trace them: http://www.dssgfellowship.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/mexico-municipalities.png

@Drex Since you couldn't do the Municipalities of Mexico in the post of your 8K-BAM patches, I took a chance of drawing them with a base I found on google. Here is my WIP of the Municipalities, for Chiapas they have these economic regions composed of 15 in the state so I drew them with the Second-Level Subdivision color while the municipalities are in the Third-Level Subdivioson color. I'll post more updates on the progress. I am doing the best I can and so far looks great.
As a matter of fact (and sorry about that) I did actually draw them. However, pretty much like you, I drew them using a map as a base and tracing over them, without employing any kind of GIS software, meaning they are slighly off and that's why I did never post them, fearing a lack of accuracy. But oh well.
1652327561298.png

As a matter of fact (and sorry about that) I did actually draw them. However, pretty much like you, I drew them using a map as a base and tracing over them, without employing any kind of GIS software, meaning they are slighly off and that's why I did never post them, fearing a lack of accuracy. But oh well.
This map looks great actually, I'll see and compare how I did compared to yours to see if I got most of the accurate. Thanks for the kind complaint of my map.

Hopefully not too soon for another map of Brazil, these ones are pre-independence in April 4th 1815 (Congress of Vienna) and January 1st 1820

1653116365124.png

1653116452194.png

Last edited:
Finished with the states of Mexico's regions they have such as Chiapas, Guerrero, Hidalgo, Jalisco, State of Mexico, Morelos, Oaxaca, Puebla, Tabasco, Veracruz, and Yucatán
I used @Drex map of Mexico's municipalities to help me draw out the regions and saved a lot of time drawing them.

Regions:

With municipalities:

Decided to make a patch of the 12 Tribes of Israel, tried to make it as best of accuracy to the map I based it on but tbh looked good. I also made the key with the names of each tribe and used @Crazy Boris THICC color scheme on Deviantart.
View attachment 747537
What the? are you reading my mind or something? now this is an "obscure" map patch that I was needing!, I was also intending to make an 8K patch of Israel's largest extent under the reigns of King David and King Solomon, and also some kind of "Greater Israel" maps (like Israel in the Footprint of Mussolini) over a year ago but I never did it, so thanks for reminding me!

What the, are you reading my mind or something? now this is an "obscure" map I was needing!, I was also intending to make an 8K patch of Israel's largest extent under King David and most "Greater Israel" maps almost a year ago but I never did it, so thanks for reminding me!
No problem, just wanted to make the map for historical borders of accuracy.

1655142143745.png

1836 Belgian second levels complete and French second levels WIP
French second levels (arrondissements) take a lot of time to make, because there were frequent administrative changes in them.
[Blue=complete, purple=mostly complete, white=not done]
If people have any historical arrondissement maps, even ones from right before 2015 (as there was a complete municipal redistribution in 2015), I would appreciate them very much, as having a map is much preferable to constructing the borders by hand.

Last edited: