The XK-BAM map series

For most of the people asking questions about updates in here: I am not sure if this map is still regularly updated other than just random people sporadically working on it by themselves, like someone suggested months ago, there could be a new thread about this map that actually gets updated, sucks because this is by far my favorite map of all time.

I'd like to give it a try.
here you go, mate! two levels of rivers for ya. the raw data is pretty bunchy is some places, but i trust your skills to finish them :). Of course, no one is forcing you to remake the river map from scratch, so please do finish East Asia and Asian Russia (and some minor places i dont know), that'll be just about enough!
(the more the merrier, hope more than one would finish this, it has been like 3 years already, better finish it.)

Last edited:
Also, here is the recently updated 8k-bam resources complilation by @Apathe , cheers to them! And also cheers to the young enthusiastic talking countries mappers who spent their time doing many many historical maps, and many "visual layers" for the map!

Also, Baghdad is too big, here's what it should be.
1643187922800.png

One busy month and one minor power outage later, I've done the bare minimum amount of work. I've finished the nine major Korean rivers, although I don't trust myself yet to produce anything reliably accurate, so use these at your own risk. I mainly based them off the sources Klime linked to a few years ago, using Chilneun's new source as a guide for wherever those weren't viable, so it's a patched-together hotchpotch that conflicts with the political map, and I haven't cross-referenced it with the topographic map at all. I might adjust the rivers sometime later to make them more accurate.

Attachments

• KoreanRivers.png
    KoreanRivers.png
    2.1 KB · Views: 342
Does anyone have an 8K-BAM drainage basins map, covering at least North America and Australia (and showing sub-basins in the Mississippi and Murray-Darling basins, ideally)?

Could someone who knows qgis make 8k-bams with sea level rise? or a map with the first 70-100 or so meters each having a different color so one could remove them one by one? or at least once every 2 or 3 meters. Also does anyone have the topographic 8k-bam but without the border around the coastlines?

Could someone who knows qgis make 8k-bams with sea level rise? or a map with the first 70-100 or so meters each having a different color so one could remove them one by one? or at least once every 2 or 3 meters. Also does anyone have the topographic 8k-bam but without the border around the coastlines?
This server has sea level rise