The XK-BAM map series

1627974941730.png

Empire of Manchukuo patch

1628038257536.png

1628038424935.png

The state and county boundaries of the State of New Mexico, as ordained by the state constitution drafted in May 1850, and approved by the population in a vote that took place on June 20th, 1850.

(The second map is purely for visualizing where the state was geographically. The map used is made specifically for 1-1-1850, and any changes to state, county, native reservation, or native land cession boundaries between 1-1-1850 and 6-20-1850 are not accounted for.)

@XO Maenadicus made a wonderful topographic equirectangular map of Mars here in the Alternate Planets, Suns, Stars, and Solar Systems Thread, and I think it could be easily converted into a 2k-bam scale map. I would like to see more topographic maps of solar system bodies in general.

Thought a map of intermediate size between 2K-BAM and 8K-BAM could be useful, so here's 4K-BAM. I made this by reducing the scale of the 8K-BAM and tracing over it, so some borders or coastlines might not be as accurate as they were supposed to be, but those cases are minor. Edit: Fixed some bugs, please report any weird pixels or missing borders.

deper2s-c3a57612-3fed-4ec4-9fa1-11c5a11e17bc.png

Last edited:
Thought a map of intermediate size between 2K-BAM and 8K-BAM could be useful, so here's 4K-BAM. I made this by reducing the scale of the 8K-BAM and tracing over it, so some borders or coastlines might not be as accurate as they were supposed to be, but those cases are minor. Edit: Fixed some bugs, please report any weird pixels or missing borders.

Oooh, really nice
I have thought of doing a 4k-bam too, what a concidence 👍

@Tethys00's 5K-BAM could also be mentioned here. I think a 4k-bam would be more useful, seeing as it's more easily compatible with 2K and 8K, but the 5K-BAM already has a bunch of resources which could be used for 4k as well.

Nice!
Anyway, I have an idea for a new map size: The 8PDE. It would be 2880x1440, as it's a nice round number, and one degree corresponds to an integer number (in this case 8) of degrees longitude or latitude.

Nice!
Anyway, I have an idea for a new map size: The 8PDE. It would be 2880x1440, as it's a nice round number, and one degree corresponds to an integer number (in this case 8) of degrees longitude or latitude.
That seems like an interesting idea. It's exactly 1/15 of VT-BAM size (which, IIRC, has 30 arcseconds to a pixel). Out of curiosity, is there any reason why you chose 7.5' per pixel?

That seems like an interesting idea. It's exactly 1/15 of VT-BAM size (which, IIRC, has 30 arcseconds to a pixel). Out of curiosity, is there any reason why you chose 7.5' per pixel?
Because it's a bit bigger than the WK-Bam, whilst still being able to fit onto the forum. 6 pixels/° (2160×1080) is a little too small, while 10 pixels/º (3600×1800) is a little too big.

qazse

Gone Fishin'

Mexico has a boo-boo - there's a very tiny gap in the Tamalupias - SLP border.