The XK-BAM map series

From what I saw, Deseret's western borders should follow the Sierra Nevada and part of the Transverse Ranges, such that Los Angeles is within Deseret's boudaries.

That's precisely what that Deseret map does, follows the Sierra Nevada and then all territory north of where the Santa Monica Mountains (part of the Transverse Ranges) meet the coast (meaning the previous map already put LA in Deseret), while many maps have a generic curve not really following anything, the most detailed maps like the one below cleary show it was a vertical straight line all the way north (I had to look into this a lot, as I had my doubts too.)

1592783726290.png

Edit: If you want though, I can make a version following the water divisor from the Santa Monica Mountains to the Great Basin and Sierra Nevada, though it doesn't end up looking like most images online either.

Last edited:
That's precisely what that Deseret map does, follows the Sierra Nevada and then all territory north of where the Santa Monica Mountains meet the coast (meaning this map already puts LA in Deseret), while many maps have a generic curve not really following anything, the most detailed maps like the one below cleary show it was a vertical straight line all the way north (I had to look into this a lot, as I had my doubts too.)

View attachment 559175

Edit: If you want though, I can make a version following the water divisor from the Santa Monica Mountains to the Great Basin and Sierra Nevada, though it doesn't end up looking like most images online either.
Other maps, like the one on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Deseret does imply the border follows the full length of the Sierra Nevada, and of course, the Santa Monica.

Last edited:
Other maps, like the one on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Deseret does imply the border follows the full length of the Sierra Nevada, and of course, the Santa Monica.
Yes but those have no more detailed information other than that, and the curve the border follows can vary quite a bit from map to map. If you can find something detailing that it followed the height of land from Santa Monica Mountains to the Sierra Nevada, I'll switch to that.

Edit: Here's what the border following the Santa Monica and Sierra Nevada looks like:
1592832930922.png

Last edited:
Ladies and Gentlemen
Qing Empire - China 1910

Another contribution for the 8K-BAM 1910 map. (Edit: Removed the recently built reservoirs)

qingrevision.png

Last edited:
Which one of the reservoirs were removed? I want to compare the first map to the current one.
I removed the ones that aren't on the 1930 map, i don't think Chinese had time to build any reservoirs or dams between 1910-1930, i also tweaked some coastlines, Dongting lake on the Yangtze River and added the Lop Nur salt lake in Xinjiang but i think these can be reworked when we are finishing the world map for 1910

Last edited:
1595973881725.png

1595973893085.png

Is there a reason why the topography map of Okinawa is different from the 2020 borders map? Which one is correct? Actually a lot of islands seem to grow on the modern day map

Also I spotted a lack of coast in Burma
1595976417766.png

Last edited: