The XK-BAM map series

1584132260649.png
1584132468510.png

Just Fooling around, can't confirm accuracy but in order top to bottom left to right
1: poland 1939 with split line
2: poland after split
3: just random patches
4: you know it
5: 1444 poland

Philip

Donor
Just literally draw borders and provinces until it's done? I only use MS Paint, I have zero knowledge of Photoshop or Paint.net.
Yep. That's where all of these basemaps come from.

Take one of the existing base maps. Remove what you don't need. Add what you want.

Just literally draw borders and provinces until it's done? I only use MS Paint, I have zero knowledge of Photoshop or Paint.net.
Photoshop may be complicated but Paint.net is MS Paint with a slightly different aesthetic and a couple more features.

1585803463409.png

Here's a fix for Espírito Santo in Brazil for the current day map, there was a municipality in the wrong state. (Ecoporanga, Espírito Santo)
1585805738512.png

And a fix for current day Santa Catarina as well, where before Três Barras, Santa Catarina was included as part of São Mateus do Sul, Paraná for whatever reason.
1585803477505.png

And here's a fix for Brazil in 1930 with the old border of Espírito Santo and the territorial dispute between Ceará and Piauí
1585805966581.png

Edit: Santa Catarina's new border also needs to be added to the 1930 map

Last edited:
How's my WIP rendition of the 1942 Balkans going? I'm trying to make Hungary's Transylvania corridor through Romania's divisions, Serbia is a little overweight, I remade some islands for them to look more accurate, and I prefer the color green to represent Italy.

Useful to mention that I am of course using the 1930 8K as a template (it lacks many rivers present in the 2018 8K), and I am using the 1942 borders and provinces to make yet another Axis Victory map, not a historically accurate 1942 one, hence why I mainly needed one for the Balkans and Germany.

1942balkansmakingof.png

One of the reasons why I never spent so much time in learning how to make maps is because it's too time-consuming, I have more important things to do than maps, but now thanks to the quarantine I have the opportunity to work on it.

1587144619782.png

Germany Patches.
Edit: I'm not sure about Czechia entirely, but I those were separate regions in the reference I had so I decided I would add them.
Edit:
1587145214118.png

Small fix forSlovakia

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there is a pre-Bosnian War patch for Bosnia Herzegovina? I'm making a map with a Lesser Yugoslavia on it and the post-war Bosnian administrative borders don't really fit.

Does anyone know if there is a pre-Bosnian War patch for Bosnia Herzegovina? I'm making a map with a Lesser Yugoslavia on it and the post-war Bosnian administrative borders don't really fit.
As far as I know, the administrative borders back then were similar to the present second-level ones, except for those that were divided between Srpska and BiH proper.

BiH_-_Etnicki_sastav_po_opstinama_1961_2.gif

As far as I know, the administrative borders back then were similar to the present second-level ones, except for those that were divided between Srpska and BiH proper.
After comparing the two map, I can say you were right. It's the Srpska/BiH border that makes you think otherwise because it catches your attention first, due to it being darker.

Last edited: