The XK-BAM map series

So @Klime, when's the map of Canada's rivers going to be done next.
Whenever I can figure out how to deal with this mess
upload_2018-5-4_23-53-6.png

I'll try to get the parts that aren't under there done over the weekend.

I've made the COROP divisions of the Netherlands, they are an intermediate administrative, but mainly statistical, division between the region and the municipality. They are almost the same as the german Bezirken and the Belgian arrondissements
Netherlands COROP.png

Redcoat

Banned
So M-BAM is not even finished and we are just gonna keep making half finished projects? Alright.
T H I S

Seriously we need good mappers working on the MBAM instead of everyone working on making even more base maps, some of which come to think of it are just impractical...

The 8K-BAM being an equitangular GIS-based map makes it rather useful compared to the M-BAM as it means I can georeference it in a GIS program and drop other shapefiles on it, like those I have for terrain, roads, cities, past US counties, etc. From what I have gathered, the M-BAM, like Q-BAM before it, is not an actual correct projection but its own thing entirely, making it more difficult to do the same and not equitangular as well, while the VT-BAM is just way too large to use on a worlwide level. While a personal taste of course I quite like the 8K-BAM for these features.

Last edited:
Honestly, I'm not sure why equirectangular maps aren't used more on this site. I for one never feel really confident drawing straight lines on the WorldA unless they're perfectly horizontal, and in general equirectangular maps are so much easier to use based on latitude and longitude.

Honestly, I'm not sure why equirectangular maps aren't used more on this site. I for one never feel really confident drawing straight lines on the WorldA unless they're perfectly horizontal, and in general equirectangular maps are so much easier to use based on latitude and longitude.
And even the horizontal lines are often inaccurate AFAIK.

I've uploaded the blank map and released a minor update that I forgot to release a few weeks ago, along with some historical stuff I had laying around.

Just the Geographical borders, please.
I've encountered a number of different definitions for that term, do you mean only national borders, national borders + federation internal borders or something else entirely (do you have an example you can show me?). I can do any of those things fairly easily but I need to know what exactly you want before I can.