The XK-BAM map series

Also, does anyone have a patch for the Aral Sea in 1960?
Here
upload_2018-7-12_20-19-54.png

From what I can tell, Fayum, Red Sea and some of the Nile river governorates have the wrong borders, they should look like this.
There seems to be a lot of conflicting information regarding this, that wikipedia map is from 2012, and that the Governorates of Egypt page has a map featuring the same set of divisions captioned with "Egyptian Population Density in pre-2013 administrative divisions", the official shapefiles do not use these, the ones on the 8KBAM are from early 2016 if I remember correctly, CAPMAS were distributing shapefiles showing these boundaries during summer 2017 (which I apparently missed)
upload_2018-7-13_23-12-58.png

ST15RM

Banned
There seems to be a lot of conflicting information regarding this, that wikipedia map is from 2012, and that the Governorates of Egypt page has a map featuring the same set of divisions captioned with "Egyptian Population Density in pre-2013 administrative divisions", the official shapefiles do not use these, the ones on the 8KBAM are from early 2016 if I remember correctly, CAPMAS were distributing shapefiles showing these boundaries during summer 2017 (which I apparently missed)
View attachment 396870
From what I can tell, Fayum, Red Sea and some of the Nile river governorates have the wrong borders, they should look like this.
Well I guess that means I’ll do it over again. I didn’t realize the map i used was outdated.

I actually like the old second levels a lot more so it's good to have them regardless, so long as the governorates are correct for those second levels (or if they can be corrected) that version can be uploaded as a historical patch.

View attachment 396870
So, this are the updated ones, am I right?
EDIT, no wait, this has the Helwan and 6th of October governorates (both abolished in 2011), so, where's the updated one?

Last edited:
So, this are the updated ones, am I right?
EDIT, no wait, this has the Helwan and 6th of October governorates (both abolished in 2011), so, where's the updated one?
Sorry, here they are color coded, for some reason they cut out the Nile and it messed up some of the borders
upload_2018-7-14_16-51-32.png

Edit: I see you've been finding a lot of information about various disputes in the QBAM thread, do you know where I could get some higher resolution maps of these to potentially add them to the 8K BAM and VT BAM?

Last edited:
do you know where I could get some higher resolution maps of these to potentially add them to the 8K BAM and VT BAM?
The disputes I find them here and if a dispute has been settled, I check here. The problem though is that some disputes you have to find them manually and some maps aren't high quality enough to be in the 8K-BAM or the VT-BAM, so you'll also have to search them.
Also, what map of Chad is correct?
Tschad.png

The disputes I find them here and if a dispute has been settled, I check here. The problem though is that some disputes you have to find them manually and some maps aren't high quality enough to be in the 8K-BAM or the VT-BAM, so you'll also have to search them.
Also, what map of Chad is correct?
View attachment 397032
The one on the left is the one that I ended up using (because more data was available), I'll do more research to try to verify which is actually correct, though it seemed rather ambiguous last time I checked. Both are post 2012, the right one claims to be of the post 2012 regions, the left one does not specifically which makes me think it might be newer, but I'm not entirely sure.
EDIT: I can't find any evidence pointing either way as of yet.

Any idea what to search for to find maps of the Libya-Algeria dispute?

EDIT 2: I've actually found four variants: the two above, one which is the left one but with the Ennedi-Ouest border from the right one, and a different one which is the one I actually used, after doing some research the departments suggest that this one is correct
upload_2018-7-15_0-46-5.png

Last edited:
Any idea what to search for to find maps of the Libya-Algeria dispute? said:
"Libya map", if you don't find anything with higher quality, here is the map I used (which shows all of Libya's claims- former or not):

map_of_libya.jpg

Last edited:
The one on the left is the one that I ended up using (because more data was available), I'll do more research to try to verify which is actually correct, though it seemed rather ambiguous last time I checked. Both are post 2012, the right one claims to be of the post 2012 regions, the left one does not specifically which makes me think it might be newer, but I'm not entirely sure.
EDIT: I can't find any evidence pointing either way as of yet.

Any idea what to search for to find maps of the Libya-Algeria dispute?

EDIT 2: I've actually found four variants: the two above, one which is the left one but with the Ennedi-Ouest border from the right one, and a different one which is the one I actually used, after doing some research the departments suggest that this one is correct
View attachment 397040

So as the fixes and changes are made, does the first thread get edited?

The 1930 8K BAM is complete
upload_2018-7-21_21-45-57.png

Full size in the drive folder linked in the first post
The river map has been updated with river coverage for Northern and Central East Africa, India and Pakistan, and the rest of Europe(excluding Scandinavia), Previously completed areas have had significantly more rivers added (US and Canada, most of Europe)